Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

2.8

Went to Kylie Cosmetics website, ordered 4 lipsticks so expensive. Checked out regular check out. Never got an email confirmation and it got taken out of my account and it was fraud!!!! emailed Kylie Cosmetics and they were so incredibly rude and said that I didn’t order through their website. I went to their website and it turned out to be fraud. Wouldn’t help me at all and give me free shipping as this was for Christmas. Beyond rude rude people and my friend has their lipstick and it gets super dry and peels off. DO NOT PURCHASE

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 10/23/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kinda hate myself for saying this but I actually think this is a pretty good product. Staying power is amazing, lasts me all day including drinking and some eating, with beautiful pigmentation. I do find it a wee bit dry for the first 30 minutes, but somehow it settles. So yes I think it kinda lives up to the hype. I won't be buying again simply because I feel like there's professionals out there who deserve my money more than the Jenners, and Smashbox is a bit better (albeit more expensive).

on 8/20/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing this product - I'm a huge fan of long-last lipsticks. Unfortunately I have to report that this product did not live up to the hype. The color lasted on a few hours on my lips, unlike other products which last up to 12 hours, some of which can be purchased for a lower price.

On the positive side, the lip liner was very good. It went on smooth and stayed longer than other lip liners that I have used. The lipstick was disappointing. It went on well but started to come off as soon as I ate something to each or drink. To contrast, L'oreal infallible liquid lipstick is much cheaper and usually lasts all day on my lips. On the plus, I did not experience any flaking like other reviewers have mentioned. I also found the colors to be really good - more in style than other products.

To summarize, I wanted to love this product, unfortunately the lasting power fell way short. I'll continue to purchase other products that last longer instead.

on 8/8/2017 3:56:00 AM

I find the lip kits to be very dry, they flake off, don't last long on the lips. As a server I need something that will last and this is not one. I have found better options for a better price. I will not repurchase.

on 6/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

Definitely great staying power. Looks super chic too. Just hate how color looks different on pictures and people, compared to how it looks on myself. Still love it!

on 5/30/2017 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased 2 Kylie lip kits. They substituted 1 color I purchased for moon with an extremely dark burgundy called Leo. I tried the 1 color I did actually order & found it to be very dry. My lips felt uncomfortably dry. I had to apply a moisturizing gloss over it & was much more comfortable. I made several attempts to contact the company about exchanging my incorrect shade & they never replied. I also found they have an all sales final policy...even if it is their error. Bad business.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This review is based on my experiences with the lipkits in Candy K [neutral pink] and Kourt K [deep purple], both of which I purchased from the Kylie Cosmetics site, so I know that they are the real deal. I also have the Leo, Merry and Vixen lipkits, but my experiences with those has been different from Candy K and Kourt K, so much so that I felt that they deserved their own review pages on MUA.

Both Candy K and Kourt K apply easily for a liquid lipstick, and dry very quickly. All good, right? A brand of liquid lipstick that is easy to apply neatly, and doesn't leave you with your mouth hanging open forever, as you wait for it to dry. Sadly however, that is where my love for these end; they just don't last if I drink from a cup, rather than a straw. And if I eat? An uneven mess will result, even with something dry like a sandwich (especially with Kourt K - I'll need to remove it). I l do really like the shades, so I've worn both loads of times, but they never last for more then four hours or so, and can start to crack within two - my regular lipsticks wear for longer, and wear down more neatly.

I enjoy using and wearing the liners more then the lipsticks; nice and firm for neatly outlining the lips, yet feels creamy and soft. No dragging or irritation. Once they've set [30 seconds or so] they outlast the lipsticks for staying power. However; NYX is now easily available in the UK and, in my opinion, their liners feel and perform the exact same way [YouTuber Stephanie Nicole has looked closely at the ingredients for liners & she says that they are the same as ColorPop].

My major complaint is that when Kylie Cosmetics first launched they had a different, moussier formula for their liquid lipsticks, which influencers, beauty magazines etc will have been sent [I tried my sister's, which is why I ordered a bunch of lipkits myself later]. Fast forward to now and they're using a different formula and manufacturer [rumoured to be the one used by Color Pop] - I don't recall them telling customers that they had changed the lipsticks. Plus; I can't help but notice that lots of the positive reviews here are made by new accounts with no other review under them. Shady.

I wish I hadn't fallen for the hype about these and ordered them now. The price for the lipkits are already too much for the iffy formula quality, and then there is the international shipping, and tax & customs to be added = we are talking a "let's go to Selfridge's and hit the Tom Ford, YSL or Chanel counter" level price range, which is a level of quality that this not does not have. I'm actually rather annoyed that this brand has the cheek put itself at such a lofty price point, when it can't deliver a comparable quality of product or customer service to anything else at the same level.

I don't care either way for the Kardashian's/Jenner's, so having one of their names attached to this product didn't affect my review in any way.

I love the lip kit and matte lipstick I got from Kylie Cosmetics! It feels good on my lips and the colors are great! One of the tubes is not filled fully though. The packaging was nice and the products stayed safe during delivery.

on 12/23/2016 12:01:00 PM

I have several shades of the lipkits from Kylie. I have Candy K, Koko K, Posie K, 22, and Leo. I am very fair complected with blonde hair so Leo looks almost black on me. Koko K and 22 are my favorites, 22 complements my skin tone perfectly, someone actually stole Koko K from my purse at a party but I replaced it. As far as formula, I love this formula, most people say that it is very drying but for me I feel that out of all the lipstick brands I have tried, Kylie's dry my lips out the least. They are by far the most long lasting lipstick I have every purchased which is why I continue to buy them. Some of the darker colors like Leo do apply kind of streaky so I recommend filling your lips with the liner first and then applying the liquid lipstick. I feel that some of the shades she comes out with look so similar to shades she already has which is a con about this brand. The applicator is easy to work with and the lip liners are very creamy and glide on easily. For the price I think it's a great deal to buy the whole Lipkit if you use lip liners because sometimes the lipstick and lip liners are 20$ each for other brands so 29$ for both abliner and lipstick is great in my eyes. These lipsticks are by far my favorite and I will continue to buy them because they are just so long lasting and I personally love the formula!