Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

3.4

on 4/24/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product, I just think it’s a little too overpriced. Would repurchase if I ran out of it, but I’d rather buy other products than stick to this one.

It doesn’t transfer and stays on pretty well. A tad bit drying, but not uncomfortable. I even forget that its there! I just feel like this product is overpriced - you’re paying for the Kylie Jenner name on the product and not the product itself.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Amazing smell and they don't flake and crumble, they feel like nothing on your lips. I love the packaging. The only downfall is that the shipping is pricey and you have to pay high customs charges if you live abroad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I honestly love Kylie cosmetics. Her lipkits are to die for. Just please wear a good lip balm underneath or your lips will come out crusty and nasty. The lipliner is super creamy, soft and pigmented. I love that it comes with it, and lipliner is definitely a must for something super pigmented. If you apply it just perfectly the first time, you wont need to worry about it moving or fading. I have this in so many shades and my favorites are maliboo, moon, and exposed. The color comes out pretty true to what the tube shows.

on 1/18/2017 2:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this lipstick in Kourt K, which is like a dark purply colour.

First of all, this product dries incredibly fast, I had to work quickly to spread it evenly on the lips or else it would dry in a gloopy blob. When it dries, it is undeniably matte; very, very matte. The formula is extremely drying, and my lips feel chapped and as though they're cracking when I wear it. They look cracked too, as every line in my lips is emphasised.

It also doesn't have great lasting power throughout the day. It wears off easily when I eat or drink anything. I certainly wouldn't wear this on a night out or an important event, as it would look horrible very quickly.

Also, the lip liner which comes with it is useless. It is more like a crayon with a thicker point, which makes it harder to get a defined line. The colour of the liner is also completely different to the lipstick, and when I wear them together, it looks like there is a halo surrounding my lips.

I will not be purchasing again due to the drying formula, which leaves my lips feeling uncomfortable. It's a shame, as there are so many beautiful colours in the range I would like to try.

on 11/28/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have these lip kits in Candy K and Dolce K. My skin tone is medium-warm so I opted for Dolce K at first as it looked like this beautiful brown nude on everyone. But upon application it was more grey and cooler toned so I don't often wear it. Candy K is great for my skin tone.

I don't like the formula upon application: on one hand it's amazingly pigmented for its consistency... but on the other it's too watery that it takes quite long to dry which sucks because it ends up everywhere if I don't do an impromptu mannequin challenge with my mouth. When it dries, it DRIES and oh man it dries. I have super dry lips so if I even think about wearing this the next day I have to exfoliate well and use my papaw ointment to prep. They're beautiful when I do get to apply it right but I did notice with Candy K that bits of lipstick (? or maybe my dry lips peeling. Gah.) flakes off onto my chin.

I would probably repurchase the lipliners because they're amazing, creamy and pigmented but on the fence about the liquid lipsticks themselves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got Dolce K as a gift since my family and friends know I can't afford it. I was so happy to have one at first since its so expensive to get one in the Philippines.

Price: One of the most expensive ones out there (plus shipping!). Since more cosmetic companies, especially the drug store ones, have stepped-up their lipstick game I don't advice this anymore.

Pros: I was impressed that this IS a one dip wonder and has an impressive color selection. It also has a great range for medium-tanned-deep skinned girls like myself. The doe foot applicator is also pretty great, it packs a good amount of product.

Cons:
Application wise, I think if you're a slow worker like me it will be a nightmare. You have to be quick with this, practice is needed before you decide to wear it outside because it dries a lot (but Anastasia Bevery Hills dries much quicker). You also need well-hydrated, well-primed, and well-scrubbed lips. I'm a very busy girl myself since I work in a marketing firm, so my night time routine is simply remove make-up, exfoliate, moisturize, and sleep.

Now for the performance:
Its really humid in my country so I tend to drink a lot of water (and coffee at work). I also attend a lot of lunch meetings with clients. At first the product held on so no problem, but then with every succeeding sip and bite it starts to either get really dry and turn my lips into prunes or it starts developing an uncomfortable stick to it. Parts of the product from my lower lip transferred to my upper lip. Re-applying it is also a nightmare! It turns into this bumpy and goopy mess! When I try to remove the product to re-apply a fresh layer you need a (good) oil-based product to get rid of it. I still remember a time where I try to act calm in front of my clients even if they're aware of my gross and goopy lips. They're still my clients until now, but I just stick with normal lipsticks whenever I meet them.

This is not a great product if you eat oil-based foods or drink a lot of liquids in a day. I have tried other matte liquid lipsticks that fades gracefully, and this one just breaks into chunks like pieces of ice that broke off antartica. If you live in a humid place, store it in a cool dry place. I have a feeling the product gets spoiled when exposed to heat. I feel bad for my sister-in-law who bought this for me, I can't bare to use it anymore. Only good thing I can say is if you're a girl who's into healthy (non-oily) foods and doesn't eat too much and have routinely scrubbed and well-hydrated lips, then this is perfect. For anyone else who eats regular food, always on the go, and have really busy schedules just find something else because I have used drug store ones that are more comfortable and more convenient.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

i thought these were good until i used jeffree. they're way overpriced in australia and make your lips look like prunes. kourt k and leo are patchy messes. GET JEFFREE INSTEAD

on 11/5/2016 7:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the shade Dolce K and honestly I'm not as in love with it as I thought I would be. Since I live in the UK, to get my hands on a kit was difficult and ended up being quite expensive as shipping costed me around £11 ($15) It took about 2 weeks to arrive and then unfortunately I was charged £15 for customs. So eventually for a lip liner and liquid lipstick it cost me about £40! Since I had payed so much and waited so longer I tried the lip liner and liquid lip together the day after I got it. I outlined my lips with the liner and filled in only with the lipstick. After about an hour I noticed it starting to crumble off and sat on my foundation on my chin. This only happened the first time however as I have worn the product since and have been careful to apply only one swipe of product and I haven't had the issue again. However the fact that I was trying to get even pigmentation through doing 2 swipes of a liquid lip should not make it crumble off! Honestly not worth it for me, didn't last all day, completely dried out my lips and emphasised any dryness.

This is my review for Kylie Dead of Knight lip kit

I recently purchased it when I saw it in a bazaar and I've always wanted a black lipstick in a very long time. I was almost scared to buy it because a lot of fake lip kits circulate around. Thankfully I have a good friend who was able to convince me to get it and also observed every detail and smell of it, and happy to confirm the one I bought is an Original :)

I've used different kinds of lipsticks and I must say, I absolutely love the Kylie Lip Kit! No idea why people are being harsh about it. I don't have the smoothest lips but when it turned matte, it didn't even make my lips dry at all. And made my lips look defined! It stayed very well on my lips and I almost wish I didn't have to remove it by the end of the night. The smell for me was great. I prefer it over than usual lipstick smells. (cringe)

I'm already waiting for my second lip kit, Skylie, and definitely getting the nude shades soon!