Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

on 5/6/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Kylie Jenner autunm lip kit review:
Is a weird orange pink color. The box looks more burnt orange than swatches online, so I was worried. I mistakened the lipstick for a gloss at first.It is matte and verydrying. It has a weird artificial vanilla smell. The lipstick and lipliner do match.Don't know if it sharpens well yet.

on 12/2/2017 7:53:00 PM

The worst! I have tried evert matte liquid lipstick and this one is the worst - even comparing it to drug store brands. It is the most drying of any of the ones i've tried and it starts to crumble on my bottom lip within 10-15 minutes. Then it starts to loook all patchy and it wears off after 30 min. Even when i wear lip balm before hand it still starts to crumble. The only pluses are the colors. I love them. And then lip liners are TERRIBLE! they're the same shade, if not lighter, than the lipstick. Sometimes when I wear Candy K I look like a dead person. She really needs to change her formula. And why do ppl think the packaging is cute? It's so stupid looking. Kat Von D, Nars, & ABH are the GOAT!

on 10/23/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kinda hate myself for saying this but I actually think this is a pretty good product. Staying power is amazing, lasts me all day including drinking and some eating, with beautiful pigmentation. I do find it a wee bit dry for the first 30 minutes, but somehow it settles. So yes I think it kinda lives up to the hype. I won't be buying again simply because I feel like there's professionals out there who deserve my money more than the Jenners, and Smashbox is a bit better (albeit more expensive).

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

NEVER AGAIN!
Sooo uncomfortable like pain in the ass..
It both looks and feels dry like REALLY dry, you can see all the lines
I got candy k and maliboo and had the same problem with both

on 4/5/2017 10:04:00 AM

In love with the quality of these.

I have the Maliboo one. The shade is very nice, maybe a bit too dark for pale skinned people, but that's up to your likings. The Maliboo usually looks way lighter on pictures on the Internet, but remember, a lot of people use filters. I remember when I got my lip kit, I was surprised to see it looked nothing like what I've see on Kylie Cosmetics Instagram page. But oh well.

The lipliner glides on smoothly and easily. It's really soft on the lips, and creamy. The pigmentation is stellar. Careful and easily with the sharpening, tho. One - two spins are enough.

The lipstick is great, very pigmented and very longlasting. Does not transfer. The first time I applied it, it lasted for over 24 h. I was shocked. The smell is intense and very sweet; I love it!

Repurchase? Hell yes. Maybe not the Maliboo shade, but I'd definitely repurchase more of these amazing lip kits!

Honestly these are pretty good. I have KoKo K, Candy K, Ginger and a few glosses (those are okay.. go for Nyx butter glosses instead) The ones I have go on very smooth and hold up well with the normal fading liquid lipsticks have. Candy K and Ginger feel very smooth and good on my lips but for some reason KoKo K crumbles off my lips almost instantly and I'm not sure why or what exactly happened to that one but it's still a really pretty color! I also do think her formulation is very similar to the Colourpop liquid lipsticks, especially the ones I recently ordered because those feel very similar to Kylie's. It's all about preference though. Give them a try! :-)

on 3/1/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well actually I bought it cuz I feel so curious. I admit it this product is too pricey. I like the lip liner. But no for lip cream. Not smooth at all. I compared it with my bourjois, bourjois did better than kylie. The only thing that really worth from this lip kit is the lip liner. I used it alone without lip cream

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was a gift to me from family who thought that since I loved makeup that I would love this too. This was purchased from the official site and the purchase was pretty recent, around Christmas. I have Candy K. I'm aware the formula is slightly different from the very first launch there was. The color is a pretty but not-very-original mauvey nude. However, I could always use more of those. I love the liner but it feels and acts and has the same ingredients as the Colourpop $5 lipliners. The liquid lip is not the best liquid lipstick I've tried and it's actually most similar to the colourpop(the current, newest formulation) though it has that heavy artificial vanilla scent and feels ever so slightly more dry. The difference is so minor you might even think you were using a scented Colourpop lipstick. My lips aren't sensitive to dryness so I don't find this the dryest liquid lipstick ever. If you're a fan of liquid lipsticks like from Lonely Planet, Makeup Monsters, Kat Von D, Wet n Wild, etc and want something just as good, you won't like this as much as those. These are about on par with my ebay liquid lipsticks that I buy from small brands like QiBest, Danimer, Magical Halo, Dragon, Popfeel that come with a pleasant scent. The end result looked nice and I appreciated the lip liner since it helped enhance/change the color AND contour the lips. I also tend to have to shape my lips because they're not naturally perfectly shaped. It did not however wear as long as even some of my $1 liquid lipsticks and was not very flexible so it cracked and settled a little bit. However, if you want to support the fandom and wear it on your lips, this is perfect for you or as a gift for someone that does. I personally am not a supporter of the fandom so I gave it to my younger sister who is and she's thrilled with it though her lips tend to be drier so she uses a lip balm in conjunction.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This review is based on my experiences with the lipkits in Candy K [neutral pink] and Kourt K [deep purple], both of which I purchased from the Kylie Cosmetics site, so I know that they are the real deal. I also have the Leo, Merry and Vixen lipkits, but my experiences with those has been different from Candy K and Kourt K, so much so that I felt that they deserved their own review pages on MUA.

Both Candy K and Kourt K apply easily for a liquid lipstick, and dry very quickly. All good, right? A brand of liquid lipstick that is easy to apply neatly, and doesn't leave you with your mouth hanging open forever, as you wait for it to dry. Sadly however, that is where my love for these end; they just don't last if I drink from a cup, rather than a straw. And if I eat? An uneven mess will result, even with something dry like a sandwich (especially with Kourt K - I'll need to remove it). I l do really like the shades, so I've worn both loads of times, but they never last for more then four hours or so, and can start to crack within two - my regular lipsticks wear for longer, and wear down more neatly.

I enjoy using and wearing the liners more then the lipsticks; nice and firm for neatly outlining the lips, yet feels creamy and soft. No dragging or irritation. Once they've set [30 seconds or so] they outlast the lipsticks for staying power. However; NYX is now easily available in the UK and, in my opinion, their liners feel and perform the exact same way [YouTuber Stephanie Nicole has looked closely at the ingredients for liners & she says that they are the same as ColorPop].

My major complaint is that when Kylie Cosmetics first launched they had a different, moussier formula for their liquid lipsticks, which influencers, beauty magazines etc will have been sent [I tried my sister's, which is why I ordered a bunch of lipkits myself later]. Fast forward to now and they're using a different formula and manufacturer [rumoured to be the one used by Color Pop] - I don't recall them telling customers that they had changed the lipsticks. Plus; I can't help but notice that lots of the positive reviews here are made by new accounts with no other review under them. Shady.

I wish I hadn't fallen for the hype about these and ordered them now. The price for the lipkits are already too much for the iffy formula quality, and then there is the international shipping, and tax & customs to be added = we are talking a "let's go to Selfridge's and hit the Tom Ford, YSL or Chanel counter" level price range, which is a level of quality that this not does not have. I'm actually rather annoyed that this brand has the cheek put itself at such a lofty price point, when it can't deliver a comparable quality of product or customer service to anything else at the same level.

I don't care either way for the Kardashian's/Jenner's, so having one of their names attached to this product didn't affect my review in any way.

I do really like the lipkits. i own every colour on her website and its just amazing lipstick ever. the formula was so smooth easy to apply and very good pigmentation. it long lasting too!! i loves Kylie's product