Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit

Filtered by hair type : Other
Kylie Cosmetics Kylie  Lip Kit
Kylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip Kit

3.3

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 11/23/2016 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

- Koko
- Candy
- Dirty Peach
- Kristen
- Mary Jo

These are the shades that suit fair Asian skin with warm undertone as well the shades that I own. All of the lipliners are AWESOME. They're creamy and they frame your lips beautifully. However, I found some inconsistency in terms of their liquid lipstick quality. Candy K has a fantastic formula. It doesn't dry out at all but Koko K is the worst! I can't put it on without putting lip balm first. Shame cos in terms of color, I love Koko K the most. Mary Jo suits almost all skin tone. Koko K & Dirty Peach matte liquid lipstick are a very tricky shade since it can either make your face super glowing or it just dims the life out of you. Unless you have a fair skin, I really don't recommend the Koko K to you. Kristen has a really pretty color and it does give you a more mature look.

The reason I wouldn't repurchase is that there are plenty of lipsticks out there with similar shades with more affordable price. The price in the US is indeed reasonable, but for someone living across the globe as I am, I have to buy it from resellers hence the sky high price.

Colors: The colors are gorgeous, but as with all liquid lipsticks, they run darker than they appear in the tube. This has been my experience with Bare Minerals, Tarte, and Too Faced. Kylie Cosmetics is no exception. However, Kylie's color choices are on point and she provides swatches on various skin tones in a YouTube video. The colors range runs on the warm side and have that 90s vibe. Didn't like the 90s and grunge? Then stick with shades like 22 and Mary Jo, which are more timeless.

Texture: The product is runny and thin, so apply carefully. To ensure an even look and crisper lines, use the matching liner, especially if you have naturally bright, pigmented lips.

Lasting power: Yes, this product will last all day, through coffee, talking, etc. If you are busy, on your feet all day, and don't generally have time to touch up your lipstick, this is your product. Note: If you eat food with oil or fat, it will break apart the product. I would recommend removing with a makeup wipe and starting over, rather than applying new product on top of pilled product for a smoother look.

Customer service: A+. I ordered Ginger Lip kit during the rush and didn't realize an older duplicate item was in my basket. Customer Service responded right away to my email, swapped out the product, and shipped it right away. No hassle, no delays -- just A+ customer service.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is by the same company as Colourpop. Colourpop's ultra matte lip has the same bottle, sends you a cute note in the box, and has a very similar formula. Kylie's smells better and many claim it doesn't feel as drying, but you are buying a $6 lipstick rebranded as Kylie's for $29. It does come with an incredible lip liner though that is so velvety and soft and pigmented. If you are ordering Kylie's over colourpop's it is for the lip liner, the brand name, and for a shade colourpop doesn't have something similar too. Overall I love my lip kit and use it almost everyday, it's just a shame its not really kylies creation.

I have been seeing a lot of positive reviews for this product and I am not even sure if we purchased the same one. I got the shade, "Koko K."

Pros:
- All the colors are very pretty
- Some people have disliked the vanilla cupcake smell but I love it!
- Stays on pretty decently

Cons:
- Very drying
- Cracks easily (and quickly!)
- Although it stays on okay, greasy food and warm drinks should be avoided

I tried everything. Exfoliating my lips, scrubbing them, putting on lip primer and nothing worked. It was still SO dry. And it really accentuated the lines on my lips. Not attractive. Also, the price was ridiculous. For one of these (liquid lipstick plus liner) it's $29 plus tax... plus $8.95 in shipping. That made my total over $40. That is way too much money for a lipstick that cracks within minutes. There are way more affordable options in very similar colors that last longer.

Popular Lipsticks