Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Filtered by hair type : Other
Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.6

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 11/23/2016 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

- Koko
- Candy
- Dirty Peach
- Kristen
- Mary Jo

These are the shades that suit fair Asian skin with warm undertone as well the shades that I own. All of the lipliners are AWESOME. They're creamy and they frame your lips beautifully. However, I found some inconsistency in terms of their liquid lipstick quality. Candy K has a fantastic formula. It doesn't dry out at all but Koko K is the worst! I can't put it on without putting lip balm first. Shame cos in terms of color, I love Koko K the most. Mary Jo suits almost all skin tone. Koko K & Dirty Peach matte liquid lipstick are a very tricky shade since it can either make your face super glowing or it just dims the life out of you. Unless you have a fair skin, I really don't recommend the Koko K to you. Kristen has a really pretty color and it does give you a more mature look.

The reason I wouldn't repurchase is that there are plenty of lipsticks out there with similar shades with more affordable price. The price in the US is indeed reasonable, but for someone living across the globe as I am, I have to buy it from resellers hence the sky high price.

Colors: The colors are gorgeous, but as with all liquid lipsticks, they run darker than they appear in the tube. This has been my experience with Bare Minerals, Tarte, and Too Faced. Kylie Cosmetics is no exception. However, Kylie's color choices are on point and she provides swatches on various skin tones in a YouTube video. The colors range runs on the warm side and have that 90s vibe. Didn't like the 90s and grunge? Then stick with shades like 22 and Mary Jo, which are more timeless.

Texture: The product is runny and thin, so apply carefully. To ensure an even look and crisper lines, use the matching liner, especially if you have naturally bright, pigmented lips.

Lasting power: Yes, this product will last all day, through coffee, talking, etc. If you are busy, on your feet all day, and don't generally have time to touch up your lipstick, this is your product. Note: If you eat food with oil or fat, it will break apart the product. I would recommend removing with a makeup wipe and starting over, rather than applying new product on top of pilled product for a smoother look.

Customer service: A+. I ordered Ginger Lip kit during the rush and didn't realize an older duplicate item was in my basket. Customer Service responded right away to my email, swapped out the product, and shipped it right away. No hassle, no delays -- just A+ customer service.

Edited 03/14/15: I kno I am well over the target age demographic audience for these lip kits (LOL) most people who are buying these are probably parentals for their daughters but I have to tell you that if you are lucky enough to get 1 which YES you are LUCKY AF coz these are amazing!!! I think the people who are hating on these aren't evaluating the product independently & tacking on & associating their image of Kylie/her reputation to the lipkits which is unfair! I had no problem w my orders many of them I've made, 1st 1 came in 8 days & I got all of the proper items in working order & new condition. The lipliners are TDF so creamy & the lipsticks last so long lasting I woke up w mine on the next morning. So they are moussey textured & smell amazing like vanilla frosting. These are superior to Colourpop any1 who owns some of each realizes this. Ppl who diss these for many are either maybe (?) jealous they don't have 1 for whatever reasons (unavailability/price/etc) or hate the kardashian's (I agree w below posts!) mostly. If you looked at lipstick on Sephora.com u will come across plenty in similar price bracket ($29 for TWO products ev1 may not know that you get an amazing lip liner that matches the liquid lipstick). The lip pencils must be sharpened w a sharpener which kind of sux (& the lead moves around inside them they should've made twist up or wooden at least) I wish they were twist up but I know NARS, Chanel, Estée Lauder, etc lippies are all over $25 & Kylie's lipglosses are $15 only. & Lipkits $28 (& now) has free shipping in the USA a lot). MAC Lipglasses are $17!! The quality is amazing. I wouldn't have thought someone like Kylie would be selling such high quality cosmetics. I fully expected them to be janky & screw up my prompt order w all of the testimonials going around that say they suck. I own 3/4 of all the lipkits, a bunch of glosses, kyshadow (creme/palettes) & a bunch of kyliners (& I shamefully admit a few replica items too 3 soon to be 4 Lip Kits & the Peach palette) & im planning to add to my collection. I've slowed down on buying a lot. I'm on low-buy in fact but Kylie cosmetics are so worth breaking low-buy! I have been a huge Jeffree star devotee but I'm changing my allegiance to Kylie Cosmetics. Her lipsticks are better quality & the colors yes are similar some of them but they are the colors I prefer (I don't want yellow or blue lips!), & people may think they are buying a dupe out there somewhere (now replicas aka fakes are rampant on AliExpress & eBay for mere pennies but I have fakeup in True Brown K & Maliboo which I haven't tried to sharpen the pencils; & Mary Jo K which the pencil had its tip then no lead past that! Ha! Really funny. But the fakeup is good for the lip colors I ended up ordering the real Mary Jo K after all I'm kind of scared to buy true brown K I'm worried it will be super dark but I'm happy w the replica. I got another Maliboo replica coming in i got one already & a real 1 & it's my fave Kylie lipkit) but these are not easily exactly DS dupeable. i waited a "very long time" before jumping on these I did not buy them when they first came out mostly becoz I associated them with celeb products, kind overpriced & normally mediocre products commonly but I am so glad that I decided to try Kylie's Lipkits. Now I regret not buying them sooner. Now please realize I am not a Jenner's/Kardashian's groupie, I am much too old for that but I've evaluated these lipkits fairly based on merit. They deserve a 5 lippie rating, althou I'm sadly not surprised by the low ratings. It just seems unfair that Kylie's reputation has proceeded a lovely product. The packaging is really nice too. I saved the boxes which I never do normally! [edit I think my mom tossed them]. And the outside has been changed to a discreet black box less ostentatious means less problems w theft (hopefully), althou it still says "Kylie Cosmetics" on the return address. They might want to change it to K.C. or something would even be more helpful. But yeah the generic plain black box is an improvement. I don't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities w this review. I'm just kind enthusiastic sorry I haven't been this pleased with something I've ordered in awhile. Pardon my naïveté & fan girlish (I try to be charming), clumsy, tacit approval, but when I wear my Kylie cosmetics I feel beautiful & confident, is that not worth $29?! And it too can be shipped to your doorstep for only $8 [domestic shipping]!! ;-) Winning!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is by the same company as Colourpop. Colourpop's ultra matte lip has the same bottle, sends you a cute note in the box, and has a very similar formula. Kylie's smells better and many claim it doesn't feel as drying, but you are buying a $6 lipstick rebranded as Kylie's for $29. It does come with an incredible lip liner though that is so velvety and soft and pigmented. If you are ordering Kylie's over colourpop's it is for the lip liner, the brand name, and for a shade colourpop doesn't have something similar too. Overall I love my lip kit and use it almost everyday, it's just a shame its not really kylies creation.

I have been seeing a lot of positive reviews for this product and I am not even sure if we purchased the same one. I got the shade, "Koko K."

Pros:
- All the colors are very pretty
- Some people have disliked the vanilla cupcake smell but I love it!
- Stays on pretty decently

Cons:
- Very drying
- Cracks easily (and quickly!)
- Although it stays on okay, greasy food and warm drinks should be avoided

I tried everything. Exfoliating my lips, scrubbing them, putting on lip primer and nothing worked. It was still SO dry. And it really accentuated the lines on my lips. Not attractive. Also, the price was ridiculous. For one of these (liquid lipstick plus liner) it's $29 plus tax... plus $8.95 in shipping. That made my total over $40. That is way too much money for a lipstick that cracks within minutes. There are way more affordable options in very similar colors that last longer.