Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

3.0

on 11/28/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have these lip kits in Candy K and Dolce K. My skin tone is medium-warm so I opted for Dolce K at first as it looked like this beautiful brown nude on everyone. But upon application it was more grey and cooler toned so I don't often wear it. Candy K is great for my skin tone.

I don't like the formula upon application: on one hand it's amazingly pigmented for its consistency... but on the other it's too watery that it takes quite long to dry which sucks because it ends up everywhere if I don't do an impromptu mannequin challenge with my mouth. When it dries, it DRIES and oh man it dries. I have super dry lips so if I even think about wearing this the next day I have to exfoliate well and use my papaw ointment to prep. They're beautiful when I do get to apply it right but I did notice with Candy K that bits of lipstick (? or maybe my dry lips peeling. Gah.) flakes off onto my chin.

I would probably repurchase the lipliners because they're amazing, creamy and pigmented but on the fence about the liquid lipsticks themselves.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased the Birthday Limited Edition Mini Mattes which includes 6 tiny little liquid lipsticks in the colors candy k, exposed, koko k, dolce k, kristen, and leo. I absolutely love this set because you can try out a lot of the colors. Unfortunately the sizes are so tiny but if you add them up, they equal to about one tube of her normal sized liquid lipsticks. I have tried quiet a few of liquid lipsticks and most of them can be drying and make your lips look super pruney. I absolutely love her line because they go on easy and dry completely matte without making your lips look pruney. Also, your lips do not feel drying at all. The lip product is very transfer resistant. Towards the end of the day, or about 6-8 hours, you can get that lip liner transfer if you kiss your hand. Although pricey, I do think I would re-purchase Candy K since it is one of my favorite everyday colors and the formula is worth it. I might not buy the lip kit but probably just the liquid lip.

on 7/13/2016 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought three of these- Dolce K, Candy K and the Mary Jo K. My lips are on the drier side so that is why these didn't work for me. I found that on nights out my lips looked extremely dry after a few hours, and if I was to reapply it looked awful. I found them too harsh for day wear. I much prefer my Mac lipsticks which can also be drying on my lips but no where near the level from the lip kits. However, I LOVE the lipliners. I use Dolce K daily. They are gorgeous shades, and creamy and long lasting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials