Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit

3.5

on 11/28/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have these lip kits in Candy K and Dolce K. My skin tone is medium-warm so I opted for Dolce K at first as it looked like this beautiful brown nude on everyone. But upon application it was more grey and cooler toned so I don't often wear it. Candy K is great for my skin tone.

I don't like the formula upon application: on one hand it's amazingly pigmented for its consistency... but on the other it's too watery that it takes quite long to dry which sucks because it ends up everywhere if I don't do an impromptu mannequin challenge with my mouth. When it dries, it DRIES and oh man it dries. I have super dry lips so if I even think about wearing this the next day I have to exfoliate well and use my papaw ointment to prep. They're beautiful when I do get to apply it right but I did notice with Candy K that bits of lipstick (? or maybe my dry lips peeling. Gah.) flakes off onto my chin.

I would probably repurchase the lipliners because they're amazing, creamy and pigmented but on the fence about the liquid lipsticks themselves.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased the Birthday Limited Edition Mini Mattes which includes 6 tiny little liquid lipsticks in the colors candy k, exposed, koko k, dolce k, kristen, and leo. I absolutely love this set because you can try out a lot of the colors. Unfortunately the sizes are so tiny but if you add them up, they equal to about one tube of her normal sized liquid lipsticks. I have tried quiet a few of liquid lipsticks and most of them can be drying and make your lips look super pruney. I absolutely love her line because they go on easy and dry completely matte without making your lips look pruney. Also, your lips do not feel drying at all. The lip product is very transfer resistant. Towards the end of the day, or about 6-8 hours, you can get that lip liner transfer if you kiss your hand. Although pricey, I do think I would re-purchase Candy K since it is one of my favorite everyday colors and the formula is worth it. I might not buy the lip kit but probably just the liquid lip.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edited 03/14/15: I kno I am well over the target age demographic audience for these lip kits (LOL) most people who are buying these are probably parentals for their daughters but I have to tell you that if you are lucky enough to get 1 which YES you are LUCKY AF coz these are amazing!!! I think the people who are hating on these aren't evaluating the product independently & tacking on & associating their image of Kylie/her reputation to the lipkits which is unfair! I had no problem w my orders many of them I've made, 1st 1 came in 8 days & I got all of the proper items in working order & new condition. The lipliners are TDF so creamy & the lipsticks last so long lasting I woke up w mine on the next morning. So they are moussey textured & smell amazing like vanilla frosting. These are superior to Colourpop any1 who owns some of each realizes this. Ppl who diss these for many are either maybe (?) jealous they don't have 1 for whatever reasons (unavailability/price/etc) or hate the kardashian's (I agree w below posts!) mostly. If you looked at lipstick on Sephora.com u will come across plenty in similar price bracket ($29 for TWO products ev1 may not know that you get an amazing lip liner that matches the liquid lipstick). The lip pencils must be sharpened w a sharpener which kind of sux (& the lead moves around inside them they should've made twist up or wooden at least) I wish they were twist up but I know NARS, Chanel, Estée Lauder, etc lippies are all over $25 & Kylie's lipglosses are $15 only. & Lipkits $28 (& now) has free shipping in the USA a lot). MAC Lipglasses are $17!! The quality is amazing. I wouldn't have thought someone like Kylie would be selling such high quality cosmetics. I fully expected them to be janky & screw up my prompt order w all of the testimonials going around that say they suck. I own 3/4 of all the lipkits, a bunch of glosses, kyshadow (creme/palettes) & a bunch of kyliners (& I shamefully admit a few replica items too 3 soon to be 4 Lip Kits & the Peach palette) & im planning to add to my collection. I've slowed down on buying a lot. I'm on low-buy in fact but Kylie cosmetics are so worth breaking low-buy! I have been a huge Jeffree star devotee but I'm changing my allegiance to Kylie Cosmetics. Her lipsticks are better quality & the colors yes are similar some of them but they are the colors I prefer (I don't want yellow or blue lips!), & people may think they are buying a dupe out there somewhere (now replicas aka fakes are rampant on AliExpress & eBay for mere pennies but I have fakeup in True Brown K & Maliboo which I haven't tried to sharpen the pencils; & Mary Jo K which the pencil had its tip then no lead past that! Ha! Really funny. But the fakeup is good for the lip colors I ended up ordering the real Mary Jo K after all I'm kind of scared to buy true brown K I'm worried it will be super dark but I'm happy w the replica. I got another Maliboo replica coming in i got one already & a real 1 & it's my fave Kylie lipkit) but these are not easily exactly DS dupeable. i waited a "very long time" before jumping on these I did not buy them when they first came out mostly becoz I associated them with celeb products, kind overpriced & normally mediocre products commonly but I am so glad that I decided to try Kylie's Lipkits. Now I regret not buying them sooner. Now please realize I am not a Jenner's/Kardashian's groupie, I am much too old for that but I've evaluated these lipkits fairly based on merit. They deserve a 5 lippie rating, althou I'm sadly not surprised by the low ratings. It just seems unfair that Kylie's reputation has proceeded a lovely product. The packaging is really nice too. I saved the boxes which I never do normally! [edit I think my mom tossed them]. And the outside has been changed to a discreet black box less ostentatious means less problems w theft (hopefully), althou it still says "Kylie Cosmetics" on the return address. They might want to change it to K.C. or something would even be more helpful. But yeah the generic plain black box is an improvement. I don't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities w this review. I'm just kind enthusiastic sorry I haven't been this pleased with something I've ordered in awhile. Pardon my naïveté & fan girlish (I try to be charming), clumsy, tacit approval, but when I wear my Kylie cosmetics I feel beautiful & confident, is that not worth $29?! And it too can be shipped to your doorstep for only $8 [domestic shipping]!! ;-) Winning!!

on 7/13/2016 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought three of these- Dolce K, Candy K and the Mary Jo K. My lips are on the drier side so that is why these didn't work for me. I found that on nights out my lips looked extremely dry after a few hours, and if I was to reapply it looked awful. I found them too harsh for day wear. I much prefer my Mac lipsticks which can also be drying on my lips but no where near the level from the lip kits. However, I LOVE the lipliners. I use Dolce K daily. They are gorgeous shades, and creamy and long lasting.

Popular Lipsticks