Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit

Kylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip Kit

3.2

on 10/23/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kinda hate myself for saying this but I actually think this is a pretty good product. Staying power is amazing, lasts me all day including drinking and some eating, with beautiful pigmentation. I do find it a wee bit dry for the first 30 minutes, but somehow it settles. So yes I think it kinda lives up to the hype. I won't be buying again simply because I feel like there's professionals out there who deserve my money more than the Jenners, and Smashbox is a bit better (albeit more expensive).

on 8/10/2017 6:13:00 PM

I currently own

Candy K - Matte LipKit
Maliboo - Matte LipKit
Dolce K - Matte Lipkit
Kourt K - Matte Lipkit
Kyjesty - Metal (No liner)
Posie K - Matte (No liner)
High Maintenance - Matte Lipkit
Kristen - Matte LipKit
Merry - Matte LipKit

• I love all the colours I own except Kourt K, I read reviews but heard the formula had changed and bought it anyway not sure if it's true as I find it very drying, crumbly and patchy wouldn't recommend.

• Kyjesty is gorgeous but need a base layer probably a liner to make the lipstick look consistent as it can be patchy if you don't apply a lot and if you do apply a lot it become bitty due to glitter it patches fast and looks a mess unless topped up!

• Wouldn't recommend buying High Maintenance, Candy K and/or Posie K due to all colours looking VERY similar. HM is light Candy K is same but medium shade, Posie is the same but dark shade. Found these to be disappointing however it means I don't have to order another pink for awhile same with Maliboo and Dolce K might aswell be the same! Plenty of stock though I guess.

Overall the formula is amazing I find it's not as drying as people make out and it smells great and literally WONT COME OFF. Best liquid lipstick on the market I just hate competitions are USA only, custom fees are terrible, shipping is expensive never buy just one but a few - it's worth it compared to a "one off". Packing is gorgeous, exciting to open and the lipstick is lightweight so most the time it feels like you're not wearing anything! If you don't own any even just trying the one is worth it lovely products.

on 8/8/2017 3:56:00 AM

I find the lip kits to be very dry, they flake off, don't last long on the lips. As a server I need something that will last and this is not one. I have found better options for a better price. I will not repurchase.

on 6/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

Definitely great staying power. Looks super chic too. Just hate how color looks different on pictures and people, compared to how it looks on myself. Still love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was so amazed at how Kylie created this so I ordered right away, but when I got it it made my skin look really pale, and I am tan(af)!!!

on 2/5/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have the shade Exposed and this is one of my favourite nude lipsticks. Exposed is a warm nude. For reference I am fair with yellow undertones. I wear Revlon's Colourstay combo/oily 180 Sand Beige/ Laneige Pore Control BB in 23/ Tarte Amazonian Clay 12h Foundation in Fairly LIght Neutral.

The formula isn't as drying as Colourpop's, and it applies evenly. The only thing I despise is the vanilla scent, but I can deal.

on 11/23/2016 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

- Koko
- Candy
- Dirty Peach
- Kristen
- Mary Jo

These are the shades that suit fair Asian skin with warm undertone as well the shades that I own. All of the lipliners are AWESOME. They're creamy and they frame your lips beautifully. However, I found some inconsistency in terms of their liquid lipstick quality. Candy K has a fantastic formula. It doesn't dry out at all but Koko K is the worst! I can't put it on without putting lip balm first. Shame cos in terms of color, I love Koko K the most. Mary Jo suits almost all skin tone. Koko K & Dirty Peach matte liquid lipstick are a very tricky shade since it can either make your face super glowing or it just dims the life out of you. Unless you have a fair skin, I really don't recommend the Koko K to you. Kristen has a really pretty color and it does give you a more mature look.

The reason I wouldn't repurchase is that there are plenty of lipsticks out there with similar shades with more affordable price. The price in the US is indeed reasonable, but for someone living across the globe as I am, I have to buy it from resellers hence the sky high price.

on 11/16/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got Kylie lipkit in Pumpkin today. The color is lovely and the lipliner is great. But the lipstick is just not good even though I'm trying so hard to make it work. It's so dry and flakes started to form with a short minute. I wear liquid lipsticks a lot but something about the formula for this lipstick is not working out with my lips. *sad face*

on 7/26/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the matte liquid lipstick in Posie K along with 2 other shades for my teenage daughter. She did like one of the shades but not the other.

The formula is very dry and showed every line in my 50+ year old lips, which aged me completely. I had to apply my usual
lipstick over the Kylie junk to make me kips feel and look normal. I'll stick with my Lancôme and Clinique favorites, thank you and will not ever waste money on these over-priced dollar store quality products. When I contacted the customer service with concerns, I was given the "all sales final" and "moisturize and exfoliate before applying the liquid lipstick" speech. It's frustrating that a company will not stand behind the products they sell. The products also contain large amounts of pigment that stain clothing. So beware. It added insult to injury that one of my favorite outfits now has pink stains on it.

Absolutely regret this purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is by the same company as Colourpop. Colourpop's ultra matte lip has the same bottle, sends you a cute note in the box, and has a very similar formula. Kylie's smells better and many claim it doesn't feel as drying, but you are buying a $6 lipstick rebranded as Kylie's for $29. It does come with an incredible lip liner though that is so velvety and soft and pigmented. If you are ordering Kylie's over colourpop's it is for the lip liner, the brand name, and for a shade colourpop doesn't have something similar too. Overall I love my lip kit and use it almost everyday, it's just a shame its not really kylies creation.

Popular Lipsticks