Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

on 12/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This review is more about the customer service and from what I seen on this company by analyzing it online. I bought two single lipsticks from Kylie Cosmetics on November 24 2017( which was Black Friday). They did said it would take 5 - 7 days to process my order. The 5th day I emailed her Customer Service team to ask where my order was, and they said it took 5 days to process although it was the 5th day I let it go. 2 day's after I emailed her team again very frustrated. I started that it is the 2nd week and I didn't even get a email saying my order is being shipped out. Again another person responded back by the name Yasmine telling me that it will be shipped out soon because they are busy. That is no excuse to be 2 weeks behind on orders especially without no compensation. I told her that it was not fair and she replied rudely saying " their company does not get freebies" and to wait an extra 3 days.16 messages later I was so angry I just wanted my money back. I heard other complaints where people online was saying they don't give refunds once you place your order. The most frustrated thing out of everything was that THEY TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT without shipping out the product. I told Yasmine I would get my Credit Card company and Paypal involved if they were not going to refunded me the amount. FINALLY the manger got involved and said they refunded me. I would never buy from this company again because from the stress with he whole processing and shipping. A company shouldn't be able to take your money without shipping you the product first, it's not like a prepaid from the lipstick. Second thing about this company is that I never see on Kylie Cosmetics social media page or website switching her lipstick on darker skin complexions. That is unfair ! The only women of color I see rocking her products are Makeup by Shayla. Probably once every month you see her post a women of color wearing her product. I don't want to buy from her because of that reason as well. She date's predominantly black guy's but can never post switches for darker skin. SMH

on 12/2/2017 7:53:00 PM

The worst! I have tried evert matte liquid lipstick and this one is the worst - even comparing it to drug store brands. It is the most drying of any of the ones i've tried and it starts to crumble on my bottom lip within 10-15 minutes. Then it starts to loook all patchy and it wears off after 30 min. Even when i wear lip balm before hand it still starts to crumble. The only pluses are the colors. I love them. And then lip liners are TERRIBLE! they're the same shade, if not lighter, than the lipstick. Sometimes when I wear Candy K I look like a dead person. She really needs to change her formula. And why do ppl think the packaging is cute? It's so stupid looking. Kat Von D, Nars, & ABH are the GOAT!

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 8/8/2017 6:23:00 AM

I have to admit that I felt for the hype expecting superior quality product.Eh.....just no.Pros: Luxurious packaging: both the box and the lipsticks are beautifully designed to resemble an eye candy.The colors are enticing and the liquid lipstick glides on easily when applied. It dries superfast and it has good staying power.Cons: DRY! It's so dry that it actually hurt your lips and I never had lipstick hurting me before.The texture resembles caked chalk, it doesn''t look anything like what Kylie is modeling.The inside middle area of my lower lip just would not hold any coverage thus this area is staying bold.The only way to wear this lipstick is to apply another creamy lipstick or gloss underneath.I bought some Maybeline matte velvet liquid lipsticks just to compare and they are cheaper and much better quality product. I would not recommend Kylie Jenner matte liquid lipsticks.Cheap quality.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

NEVER AGAIN!
Sooo uncomfortable like pain in the ass..
It both looks and feels dry like REALLY dry, you can see all the lines
I got candy k and maliboo and had the same problem with both

on 4/5/2017 10:04:00 AM

In love with the quality of these.

I have the Maliboo one. The shade is very nice, maybe a bit too dark for pale skinned people, but that's up to your likings. The Maliboo usually looks way lighter on pictures on the Internet, but remember, a lot of people use filters. I remember when I got my lip kit, I was surprised to see it looked nothing like what I've see on Kylie Cosmetics Instagram page. But oh well.

The lipliner glides on smoothly and easily. It's really soft on the lips, and creamy. The pigmentation is stellar. Careful and easily with the sharpening, tho. One - two spins are enough.

The lipstick is great, very pigmented and very longlasting. Does not transfer. The first time I applied it, it lasted for over 24 h. I was shocked. The smell is intense and very sweet; I love it!

Repurchase? Hell yes. Maybe not the Maliboo shade, but I'd definitely repurchase more of these amazing lip kits!

on 3/8/2017 8:32:00 AM

These are good, if we only talk about the lipsticks. They hold up pretty well, they aren't heavy and she's got so many pretty colours ( I've got candy k, dirty peach, merry, poppin gloss and so cute gloss ). Price is average for higher end liquid lipsticks, the biggest downfall is that I live in the U.K., so post and packaging plus customs is soooo expensive :( as I said, the liquids are great, but I find that the lip liners are way too creamy, which is a negative when it comes to sharpening them. I was only able to use each lip liner a couple of times, because I can't sharpen them, they just melt away in my sharpener :(

Hello there! This review is from my personal experience of the products I bought. I love reds they go very well with my skin tone and hair, so when KJC came out with a burgundy palette I was more than excited! I got online and the palette was in stock, which if you want something from KJC you already know more than most of the time everything is sold out. Anyway, for $42.00 you can buy the palette, this is the most expensive palette I have ever bought but I had the extra money so I splurged! Along with my palette purchase I also bought the Mary Jo K matte lip single for 17.00. The order takes a while to process! So if you are wanting to buy these products to wear to an event, it would serve you better to either order in advance or find another option! Two weeks later I received my box. In the box you get two cards from KJC they are cute but for $59.00 I think they should send like a mini sample of something. The palette was nicely wrapped in a box and it feels heavy, honestly I felt like I could have threw it against the wall and it would be ok, that's how heavy it is. The colors are beautiful and very pigmented! Even the lightest color has pigment enough you can see it! I go to put in on, if you don't want a tremendous amount of fallout tap your brush LIGHTLY because one little tap will put alot of stuff on the brush without all the fallout! I can't rave enough about this palette, it's just wonderful the colors, the coverage, I don't mind the price on something that I love using I will say that it doesn't have a mirror that should change for the price point! Now, lets get this this Mary Jo K matte lip single! I love the packaging it's nice, some lip products have weird smells this product smells AMAZING! It's like a sweet vanilla! I put it on and it dried down quickly, the feel on the lips is that of chalky but not so much you want it off right way, when you touch it with your hands it feels like rose petals so soft! The wear time on this stuff is good, but not all day good. This lip single would be more suited for something you plan on going to and not eating or drinking! Also after a long time of wear it becomes super dry and will crack off and all you want to do is take it off! OH, and about taking it off! If you do attempt to take it off it is super hard to just get it off! You will need some kind of oil, I used coconut to get it off after I couldn't get it with just a washcloth and water! I would suggest if you have a lip scrub you should use it because after you wear this your lips will feel horrible! My overall look was amazing I just wish KJC would come up a better formula for their matte lips! If you have the money I would suggest buying this palette and/or the lip maybe someone has a different experience than me. The price point is just too much for me to do on the regular, however I'm gonna see how long this palette lasts for me to think about if I would buy this product again. I probably won't buy another lip anything because for that money and the no so long lasting formula It's just a no go for me. I love the free shipping but I think that there should be like a free sample other than two thank you cards!