Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.2

on 10/2/2018 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I purchased the Dolce K and I was impressed, the color is long lasting and is not too drying. For the price you get a lip liner and a lip color . I would try moreof the colors!

I have this in Twenty - which is a warm neutral. It’s hard for me to find neutral/brown shades that are actually flattering on me, but this shade looks great on my medium/golden (MAC NC40) skin tone. The lip liner is pigmented and goes on smooth and easily. I just wish it were a twist-up, instead of a pencil because I feel like you waste a lot of product when you sharpen it. The liquid lipstick is great. It does have a scent which reminds me of butterscotch candy, but I find it pleasant. It wears nicely, dries quickly, stays put and lasts a long time. For $29, these lip kits are a great value. Especially considering that most high end liquid lipsticks are around $25+ and do not come with a matching lip liner. Overall, happy with my purchase and will order in more colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

on 12/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This review is more about the customer service and from what I seen on this company by analyzing it online. I bought two single lipsticks from Kylie Cosmetics on November 24 2017( which was Black Friday). They did said it would take 5 - 7 days to process my order. The 5th day I emailed her Customer Service team to ask where my order was, and they said it took 5 days to process although it was the 5th day I let it go. 2 day's after I emailed her team again very frustrated. I started that it is the 2nd week and I didn't even get a email saying my order is being shipped out. Again another person responded back by the name Yasmine telling me that it will be shipped out soon because they are busy. That is no excuse to be 2 weeks behind on orders especially without no compensation. I told her that it was not fair and she replied rudely saying " their company does not get freebies" and to wait an extra 3 days.16 messages later I was so angry I just wanted my money back. I heard other complaints where people online was saying they don't give refunds once you place your order. The most frustrated thing out of everything was that THEY TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT without shipping out the product. I told Yasmine I would get my Credit Card company and Paypal involved if they were not going to refunded me the amount. FINALLY the manger got involved and said they refunded me. I would never buy from this company again because from the stress with he whole processing and shipping. A company shouldn't be able to take your money without shipping you the product first, it's not like a prepaid from the lipstick. Second thing about this company is that I never see on Kylie Cosmetics social media page or website switching her lipstick on darker skin complexions. That is unfair ! The only women of color I see rocking her products are Makeup by Shayla. Probably once every month you see her post a women of color wearing her product. I don't want to buy from her because of that reason as well. She date's predominantly black guy's but can never post switches for darker skin. SMH

on 12/2/2017 7:53:00 PM

The worst! I have tried evert matte liquid lipstick and this one is the worst - even comparing it to drug store brands. It is the most drying of any of the ones i've tried and it starts to crumble on my bottom lip within 10-15 minutes. Then it starts to loook all patchy and it wears off after 30 min. Even when i wear lip balm before hand it still starts to crumble. The only pluses are the colors. I love them. And then lip liners are TERRIBLE! they're the same shade, if not lighter, than the lipstick. Sometimes when I wear Candy K I look like a dead person. She really needs to change her formula. And why do ppl think the packaging is cute? It's so stupid looking. Kat Von D, Nars, & ABH are the GOAT!

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 8/8/2017 6:23:00 AM

I have to admit that I felt for the hype expecting superior quality product.Eh.....just no.Pros: Luxurious packaging: both the box and the lipsticks are beautifully designed to resemble an eye candy.The colors are enticing and the liquid lipstick glides on easily when applied. It dries superfast and it has good staying power.Cons: DRY! It's so dry that it actually hurt your lips and I never had lipstick hurting me before.The texture resembles caked chalk, it doesn''t look anything like what Kylie is modeling.The inside middle area of my lower lip just would not hold any coverage thus this area is staying bold.The only way to wear this lipstick is to apply another creamy lipstick or gloss underneath.I bought some Maybeline matte velvet liquid lipsticks just to compare and they are cheaper and much better quality product. I would not recommend Kylie Jenner matte liquid lipsticks.Cheap quality.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

NEVER AGAIN!
Sooo uncomfortable like pain in the ass..
It both looks and feels dry like REALLY dry, you can see all the lines
I got candy k and maliboo and had the same problem with both

on 4/5/2017 10:04:00 AM

In love with the quality of these.

I have the Maliboo one. The shade is very nice, maybe a bit too dark for pale skinned people, but that's up to your likings. The Maliboo usually looks way lighter on pictures on the Internet, but remember, a lot of people use filters. I remember when I got my lip kit, I was surprised to see it looked nothing like what I've see on Kylie Cosmetics Instagram page. But oh well.

The lipliner glides on smoothly and easily. It's really soft on the lips, and creamy. The pigmentation is stellar. Careful and easily with the sharpening, tho. One - two spins are enough.

The lipstick is great, very pigmented and very longlasting. Does not transfer. The first time I applied it, it lasted for over 24 h. I was shocked. The smell is intense and very sweet; I love it!

Repurchase? Hell yes. Maybe not the Maliboo shade, but I'd definitely repurchase more of these amazing lip kits!