Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

on 5/6/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Kylie Jenner autunm lip kit review:
Is a weird orange pink color. The box looks more burnt orange than swatches online, so I was worried. I mistakened the lipstick for a gloss at first.It is matte and very drying. It has a weird artificial vanilla smell. The lipstick and lipliner do match.Don't know if it sharpens well yet.

Update: I don't think I will be buying this again. The colors offered in the collection are limited, and don't always match the colors online.
It is also really hard to wash off and is typically a two step process for me. Yes, the product does last but it's also expensive! Maybe when more color options are offered I'll try this brand again.

on 4/24/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product, I just think it’s a little too overpriced. Would repurchase if I ran out of it, but I’d rather buy other products than stick to this one.

It doesn’t transfer and stays on pretty well. A tad bit drying, but not uncomfortable. I even forget that its there! I just feel like this product is overpriced - you’re paying for the Kylie Jenner name on the product and not the product itself.

Went to Kylie Cosmetics website, ordered 4 lipsticks so expensive. Checked out regular check out. Never got an email confirmation and it got taken out of my account and it was fraud!!!! emailed Kylie Cosmetics and they were so incredibly rude and said that I didn’t order through their website. I went to their website and it turned out to be fraud. Wouldn’t help me at all and give me free shipping as this was for Christmas. Beyond rude rude people and my friend has their lipstick and it gets super dry and peels off. DO NOT PURCHASE

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 10/23/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kinda hate myself for saying this but I actually think this is a pretty good product. Staying power is amazing, lasts me all day including drinking and some eating, with beautiful pigmentation. I do find it a wee bit dry for the first 30 minutes, but somehow it settles. So yes I think it kinda lives up to the hype. I won't be buying again simply because I feel like there's professionals out there who deserve my money more than the Jenners, and Smashbox is a bit better (albeit more expensive).

on 8/20/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing this product - I'm a huge fan of long-last lipsticks. Unfortunately I have to report that this product did not live up to the hype. The color lasted on a few hours on my lips, unlike other products which last up to 12 hours, some of which can be purchased for a lower price.

On the positive side, the lip liner was very good. It went on smooth and stayed longer than other lip liners that I have used. The lipstick was disappointing. It went on well but started to come off as soon as I ate something to each or drink. To contrast, L'oreal infallible liquid lipstick is much cheaper and usually lasts all day on my lips. On the plus, I did not experience any flaking like other reviewers have mentioned. I also found the colors to be really good - more in style than other products.

To summarize, I wanted to love this product, unfortunately the lasting power fell way short. I'll continue to purchase other products that last longer instead.

on 8/8/2017 3:56:00 AM

I find the lip kits to be very dry, they flake off, don't last long on the lips. As a server I need something that will last and this is not one. I have found better options for a better price. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

NEVER AGAIN!
Sooo uncomfortable like pain in the ass..
It both looks and feels dry like REALLY dry, you can see all the lines
I got candy k and maliboo and had the same problem with both

Honestly these are pretty good. I have KoKo K, Candy K, Ginger and a few glosses (those are okay.. go for Nyx butter glosses instead) The ones I have go on very smooth and hold up well with the normal fading liquid lipsticks have. Candy K and Ginger feel very smooth and good on my lips but for some reason KoKo K crumbles off my lips almost instantly and I'm not sure why or what exactly happened to that one but it's still a really pretty color! I also do think her formulation is very similar to the Colourpop liquid lipsticks, especially the ones I recently ordered because those feel very similar to Kylie's. It's all about preference though. Give them a try! :-)

on 3/1/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well actually I bought it cuz I feel so curious. I admit it this product is too pricey. I like the lip liner. But no for lip cream. Not smooth at all. I compared it with my bourjois, bourjois did better than kylie. The only thing that really worth from this lip kit is the lip liner. I used it alone without lip cream