Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

on 11/8/2018 11:18:00 PM

I had been wanting to try the lipsticks for forever, so when she had a sale I dove right in (and took advantage of the $10 off first order). I now have over 20 of them. I love how they smell, they look great and stay on all day, provided you don’t eat anything oily or greasy. Some are less than ideal, the shades that didn’t work for me I gave to friends.

Customer service is a nightmare if anything goes wrong with your order, luckily I’ve never had any problems.

However... the kylighters (not the loose powders) are TERRIBLE and have zero color payoff, waste of money. The eyeshadows are hit and miss. I have the KOURT collection, and the eyeshadows from that are like kids makeup.

Don’t waste your money on the eyeshadows or kylighters. Or the brush set - I didn’t order the brushes personally but for that $360 price tag, they should be a lot better quality than they are.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So I ordered 2 lip kits and one gloss, the on Wednesday’s was good, damn Gina gloss sticky, overall pretty good, the Penelope matte was HORRIBLE is was so dry and left crack looking places on my lips! It was a complete waste of my money so very disappointed in the Penelope matte, I HAD no choice but to add a light gloss to it and it didn’t stay on not even 5 mins 😞

on 10/2/2018 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I purchased the Dolce K and I was impressed, the color is long lasting and is not too drying. For the price you get a lip liner and a lip color . I would try moreof the colors!

on 9/7/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It’s good and the color too, I love it

I bought the shade Maliboo and followed her instructions of lining the whole lip with the liner first. The lip liner uses up very fast. The pencil needed sharpening after putting it on three times. Maliboo washed me out to indicate colour intensity. I prefer just using the liquid, but then the product settles in between my lip cracks. I love the feel of the product though. It doesn’t feel like I have anything on, almost like the Estée Lauder foundations but for lip.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I chose Candy K after a extensive research afternoon trying to work out what nude would be best. It’s incredibly difficult not having a physical product to check. It was also really expensive and I waited for an international free shipping offer.

I do like it. I chose a great colour for everyday. It does leave a stain on everything and it kind of comes of in bits which I hate. I use a conditioning lip pencil before the lipliner and even sometimes a moisturiser. If I’m lucky it can stay ALL day but it will feel kind of weird.

I really like it but it’s just too expensive. Plus the pencil but in the lipliner falls out and the lid comes off. Also it smells like butterscotch. A bit unpleasant first thing in the morning but not terrible

I have this in Twenty - which is a warm neutral. It’s hard for me to find neutral/brown shades that are actually flattering on me, but this shade looks great on my medium/golden (MAC NC40) skin tone. The lip liner is pigmented and goes on smooth and easily. I just wish it were a twist-up, instead of a pencil because I feel like you waste a lot of product when you sharpen it. The liquid lipstick is great. It does have a scent which reminds me of butterscotch candy, but I find it pleasant. It wears nicely, dries quickly, stays put and lasts a long time. For $29, these lip kits are a great value. Especially considering that most high end liquid lipsticks are around $25+ and do not come with a matching lip liner. Overall, happy with my purchase and will order in more colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick was the first Kylie lip kit I bought, choosing between Kristen and Dazzle at the Kylie store in San Francisco. I wanted a pinkish-red color that wasn't too neutral but also not too dramatic. I used the lip liner and liquid lipstick according to package directions, but it never fully dried. Even after experimenting with a thick coat and a thin coat. It dried a little bit but still felt very wet. There also wasn't a "turn" thing on the liner so I almost threw it away after one week before realizing I could sharpen it. The pencil's tip didn't look like it could be sharpened, I thought the plastic material would break the sharpener. It didn't but twice the sharpener broke off little pieces of liner and I had to continue sharpening it.
On the positive side this never rubbed off on my teeth. On the negative side, it really emphasized the lines on the sides of my bottom lip. I also have injections, not as big as Kylie's but my lips definitely aren't thin and have more shape to them than average. Anytime I ate with this product, the lipstick would rub off onto the center of my chin, and when I would wipe it off it would also remove my foundation underneath. Sometimes it would rub onto the bottom of my nose and I'm not a messy eater. I couldn't share food or drinks with people either (everybody does it, lol) because there would be color rubbing off on the straw and food. I would have to reapply after eating or drinking because the color would be gone from the bottom portion of both of my top lip, and top portion of my bottom lip. I also kissed a person on a date and afterwards, the lipstick was GONE. It wasn't messed up, it was literally no longer there. As if I never applied the lipstick, even though there was color transferred on his lips. It was so embarrassing to have my lipstick disappear and whenever I would go out to coffee/food my friends would point out the color on my chin/nose or I would be constantly checking my phone camera to see if there was any smudging.
Since the store I bought this from didn't accept any returns (of course), I still wear this lipstick on campus days/casual days but I'm basically just using it until it runs out since the color isn't bad and it still costed three times the amount of my usual lipstick. However, this product was really disappointing and doesn't match with all of the hype surrounding it, my usual $10 Revlon colorstay liquid lipstick in the same color will last all day and involves no retouching at all, even if I'm eating or kissing. I understand Kylie Cosmetics has higher prices to avoid over saturation or going out of style, but I see this more as a brand for her fans and not those looking for quality makeup products. I recommend her highlighters and matte lipsticks but the velvet lip kit was just really embarassing for me to wear :(

on 5/6/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Kylie Jenner autunm lip kit review:
Is a weird orange pink color. The box looks more burnt orange than swatches online, so I was worried. I mistakened the lipstick for a gloss at first.It is matte and very drying. It has a weird artificial vanilla smell. The lipstick and lipliner do match.Don't know if it sharpens well yet.

Update: I don't think I will be buying this again. The colors offered in the collection are limited, and don't always match the colors online.
It is also really hard to wash off and is typically a two step process for me. Yes, the product does last but it's also expensive! Maybe when more color options are offered I'll try this brand again.