Calvin Klein Eternity for Women

Patchouli
Sandalwood
Amber
Musk
Sprayed this on the other day its very pleasant...a sheer floral...

on 3/26/2017 12:09:00 PM

More than most perfume houses, Calvin Klein is all about "statement" fragrances that reflect the zeitgeist. Eternity, created in 1988, was clearly Klein's antidote to the hilariously raunchy Obsession, an orgiastic spice-rack of an oriental that was starting to seem out of place in the burgeoning AIDS epidemic. Eternity took that immoral landscape and disinfected it with immaculate laundry musk and pristine freesia & lilies-- not to mention the magazine ads with Christy Turlington embracing her well-scrubbed husband and kids.

But there is nothing subtle or shy about Eternity: it is loud as hell, rather like being pelted with fresh soap shot from a cannon. It is, after all, still an '80s creation. (It wasn't until '94 that Klein went subtle, with the citrusy CK One.)

I love Eternity all the same. I wore it for years after its release, and man did I feel sexy in my black spandex and leather jacket with the hyperfeminine Eternity aura wafting from its lapels! This is the rare scent for which reformulation in recent years works in its favor. The new Coty Prestige version can actually be sprayed three or four times without fumigating everyone in a 5-mile radius. It's still pretty potent. And, it's still pretty as hell.

on 11/4/2016 2:24:00 PM

Loud. Too much, I would say. For me it is a very bold, assertive fragrance, one should never buy untested. I like it, but I rarely use it, never in the office anyway, never during the summer or using public transport, as it can cause headaches. But for a cold, winter day, it can be a very nice choice and leave a pleasant trail behind. Longevity and sillage are above the average, which is always a surprise nowadays!

on 6/23/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I don't actually own Eternity and have never worn it. My review is based on my experience working with a woman who wears it. Before I knew which perfume it was I thought it must be something cheap and nasty, because it smells cheap and nasty, very chemically, like insect repellent as another reviewer said. It's also extremely pervasive. She has a habit of spraying herself as she arrives at work and by the time I arrive half an hour later the whole place is totally polluted.
Once she thought the smell of her lunch might be a bit offensive to people around her, so when she'd finished eating she sprayed Eternity liberally in the air around her. I had to leave. It was disgusting, and it lingers.

on 8/2/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly do not care for the bottle style, but that's just me. This is one of my signatures and I have worn it off and on for the last 15 years. Oddly enough, I don't completely disagree with some reviewers who say that it nauseates them. Too much of this can be certainly overwhelming. I apply it lightly and it lasts all day for me. To me it smells old, in a classic way. Like if someone mentioned that it had been created 100 years ago, I would believe it.
The sillage is crazy. I can always smell a woman or man wearing this and pick them out of a crowd. People always smell it on me. Even though it's been over-worn and is super recognizable, I still enjoy wearing it..nostalgia, and stuff.

My Mother used to wear this when I was younger. The scent reminds me of her so now I wear it. It is a very different scent from what I normally wear. It is a great, daytime scent, very light.
I have repurchased over the years and will continue to do so.

on 4/9/2015 6:33:00 AM

I don't understand how some people can like this perfume. At the beginning it smell ok, now I can't stand it. The smell gives me the nausea and headache. I feel like throwing it away.

on 4/5/2015 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This has a beautiful sweet kind of scent perfect for spring/summer but should only be applied in a small amount as I usually put this on at eight in the morning and can still smell it on me in the evening. It definitely reminds me of when I was younger as my mum always used to wear this and it has quite a strong sophisticated smell , hope this was helpful x

on 3/12/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Fresh, clean, beachy -- yet earthy too, with sandalwood, amber, and patchouli in the base. Launched in 1988, it was voted into the Fragrance Foundation's Hall of Fame in 2003.

The creator is Sophia Grojsman, famous for many big hits and Hall of Fame winners -- White Linen (my early-80's signature and husband's all-time favorite perfume on me), Tresor, Paris, Calyx, Bvlgari Pour Femme, and many more.

Here are Eternity's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Freesia, Mandarin, Sage, Green notes, Lemon blossom

Heart Notes - Lily-of-the-valley, Pot marigold, White lily, Rose, Narcissus, Carnation, Violet, Jasmine

Base Notes - Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk, Heliotrope

For a fresh, clean scent, Eternity EDP is remarkably strong and lasting. I spritz just *once* on my left wrist, press it to right wrist, then dab both wrists on neck & forearms. That's enough to give me an overall fresh aura that lasts & lasts. It almost doesn't smell like perfume at all -- more like a clean-smelling body lotion.

The older perfumes lasted very well compared to today's launches -- and Eternity is no exception. You get lots of bang for your buck with Eternity EDP, esp if you buy it from online etailers.

To me, the ads are accurate reflections of the scent itself. Eternity smells like those light-hearted black-and-white ads on the beach with model Christy Turlington. They capture the minimalism, simplicity, freedom, beachiness, and naturalness of Eternity.

My late mother used to wear Eternity -- however, I didn't fully realize it at the time. I never thought of her as a regular perfume wearer, but smelling Eternity now, it's very recognizable as her own subtle clean personal scent, plus the subtle scent that lingered in the air of her house. It takes me back.

I also own & enjoy Eternity Aqua. Aqua smells more like a fresh indoor pool than the beach -- it's very refreshing for summer. They're both good any time, really.

on 3/9/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I ever stopped wearing this perfume. This was my signature scent in the 90s...like many others. I remember going to Macy's and purchasing a gift set and just falling in love with the scent. My body chemistry mixes very well with it....and it's not normally the type of scent I wear...but this just works for me. Very long staying power too....and doesn't give me a headache like a lot of other scents these days.

Very classy, and Iove the bottle too..very typical Calvin Klein, minimalistic and elegant.

Popular Fragrances