Elcie Micro Silque Foundation

Elcie Micro Silque Foundation
Elcie Micro Silque FoundationElcie Micro Silque FoundationElcie Micro Silque FoundationElcie Micro Silque Foundation

INGREDIENTS:Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/ Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Stearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Simethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, MAY CONTAIN: /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 2/25/2018 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I wrote a previous review on this foundation in March, 2016. It, too, was a 5 lippie review. I loved the formula, the lasting power, and the way it looked so natural on my skin. Unfortunately, I had ordered the wrong shade due to misinformation on some random blog. I ordered Honey, which, I latered learned from Elciecosmetics.com, is formulated for skin that matches MAC C5. Years ago, when I used MAC foundations, I was matched to C4, and NC35 on untanned skin. Fortunately for me, Honey worked well during the summertime when I inevitably get darker or I self-tan, so I decided to keep it and order the shade recommended for me, Sand. Every time I tried to order it from Naimies or Elcie Cosmetics, it was out of stock. But, I happily used up an entire bottle of Honey, and looked forward to getting this foundation in a lighter shade. I kept checking Naimies and the Elcie site every week or so....then every month or so...then every couple of months...until I assumed the foundation was discontinued and, for whatever reason, Elcie Cosmetics kept it on their website/ (It did eventually vanish from Naimie's). I knew that Elcie Cosmetics continued to release new products, but I never bought any because I didn't want to like something only to have it disappear. After 2 years of waiting, I could not understand why the company didn't just announce that they had discontinued the foundation so that those of us still hanging on by a thread could, at last, let it go. And the next thing I knew, every shade was back in stock. I was still suspicious, so I waited a couple of weeks. It showed up on Naimie's, so I figured it must be fully restocked at Elcie. I was SO EXCITED to FINALLY order Sand!! The shipping wasn't just fast...it was amazing. I ordered the foundation Friday morning, and it showed up Sunday morning on my doorstep! The bottle is just as classy and elegant as my previous bottle, and the foundation itself is just as beautiful as I'd remembered. I have been missing the iconic Make Up For Ever Face and Body Liquid Makeup. When MUFE reformulated Face & Body into Water Blend, it was devastating for me, as far as makeup goes. However, Elcie's Sand is good match, (but I will always miss the perfect, skin-like texture of F&B). Micro Silque Foundation is lightweight, but buildable, and water-resistant (not waterproof). It looks beautiful on skin; flawless, satiny, yet natural. It looks similar to Nars Sheer Glow, but with with more medium coverage. One coat of Elcie, applied with a damp Beautyblender, is like 2 coats of Sheer Glow. I might repurchase Micro Silque, unless stocking issues prevent it. If that happens again, I'm not going to bother pursuing a product from a company that's so unaccomodating (with no explanation!). It would be great if Elcie had a nice sale, or a discount, for those of us who loved this product enough to wait TWO YEARS to use it again! In the meantime, I've discovered Gerda Spillmann's sublime Bio-Fond Foundation, and GS's customer service is phenomenal.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Okay, so I have tried dozens of foundations and have come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of foundation, whatsoever; I prefer a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. This foundation, however, has been a game changer for me. I have very difficult combination skin with oily, acne-prone parts, and super dry, flakey areas. SO fun. Anyways, this foundation caters amazingly to my skintype; it moisturizes my dry areas, while keeping my oily areas matte, which to me is like magic 😁. Overall, I would consider the finish of this makeup to be a natural, satin finish. This product is build-able, but one layer is plenty for me, as it effectively covers my problem areas and gives me a flawless skin look. This makeup is very blend-able and I prefer to apply it with a brush over a beauty blender, but I have noticed most ladies like to use a beauty blender with this foundation. The price isn't bad for a high-end foundation and the product will last you all day long if you use a good primer. The ONLY downfall, which is a good thing for me, but won't be for cool-skinned ladies, is that the shades all possess neutral to yellow undertones. Also, it is very difficult to tell which shade will match you the best because you will most likely have to order the foundation from the company's website. I got lucky with my shade "Sand", as it is a perfect match for me. I can see this foundation working for most ladies with warm skin, and hopefully Elcie will make cooler, pinker shades for the cool toned ladies, because I think every girl who enjoys makeup should be able to try this foundation! It is amazing!

on 3/21/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

As luck would have it, the makeup artist who developed this brand has a salon a short distance from my home, so I had the opportunity to see the product and find my color before purchasing. I chose a shade lighter than the one recommended (every foundation turns darker on me) and I'm very happy with it. I'm acne prone, so I avoid any product that's heavy or occlusive. This foundation is lightweight, does not cause breakouts and gives me a beautiful, non-matte-but-not-overly-dewey finish. Best of all, this foundation is paraben-free and more natural than other foundations. This costs slightly less than Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, which is also great but contains alcohol and a lot of other things I don't want on my skin. I will absolutely buy this again. For reference, I wear 30 Beige in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and 3.0 in UD Naked Skin (also a great foundation). In Elcie Micro Silque, I wear Vanilla.