Dove Shampoo for Coloured Hair

on 8/5/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've always liked all the Dove line of shampoos and conditioners. This one did not disappoint. Smells great, soft hair that you can get a brush through and no residue.
I'd buy it again.

on 12/10/2009 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE SMELL AND HAIR FEELS GOOD AFTERWARDS

on 12/2/2007 11:51:00 PM

I think this is a great product for the price, though I do prefer the Dove Moisturing shampoo better for my dry hair. Dove shampoos and conditioners have one of the nicest smelling ranges I have come across and I love the way the shampoo really lathers up.

on 3/27/2007 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the product sold in Turkey.-------------- I used to have normal hair but after bleaching and coloring, I managed to dry my hair out. Most shampoos make my hair stiff. The only way I can deal with that is to use some conditioner. But not with Dove. This stuff makes my colored hair very soft. I can wash my hair and without even any conditioner my hair does not feel rough and stiff -it feels just normal, like it used to feel before all that bleaching and conditioning. (Of course using some conditioner makes it even softer.) So these guys are correct when they say their shampoo does not rip your hair of its essential moisture. Plus, I really love the classic smell of Dove. And it lathers up very well -which is a must for me because I feel as if my hair is not cleaned well when I don't have enough lather. I read somewhere that it is not really so, but I can't help it. I've got to get lather. Period.

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

EWWW! gave me dandruff! IVE NEVER HAD DANDRUFF IN MY LIFE!!! im so angry at dove! i used to love dove.. not anymore thats for sure. now i have to invest in somthing for danruff and colored hair. not happy.

A pretty good shampoo. It left my hair soft and smooth, and without weighing it down. It had a nice scent too but it doesn't last very long. I don't know if it does anything for the color, because I didn't color my hair when I was using this shampoo. Only gripe about this shampoo is that it doesnt create a rich lather. Might purchase again, if it's on sale.

on 2/20/2006 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't have colored hair, but I bought this on the assumption that it would be more gentle, because it's presumably designed not to strip dye. It's exactly what I hoped it would be--a gentle shampoo that also cleans thoroughly (I use hairspray on the roots of my hair). I previously used the Dove Beautifully Clean shampoo for normal hair, but I think this is better for my hair. I wash my hair every other day, and this keeps it looking good in between shampoos without making it greasy or dry on the ends. I stopped using my Biolage volumizing shampoo after I got this, because I like the Dove shampoo better. The new Dove packaging, however, has a flip top that is a little more difficult to flip than on the previous packaging. That's about the only drawback.

I've always really liked Dove soap but I was disappointed with the shampoo.

on 1/1/2006 6:43:00 AM

nothing special at all and contains chemicals...ok it is cheap, but there are more fantastic cheap and good brands!!! http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/ I started using JASON JOJOBA SHAMPOO and i highly recommend for somebody, who wants fantastic results.I tried many products starting from expensive brands Rusk, Abba,KMS, Kerastase,Clinique finishing natural brands like Weleda. I have baby thin, wawy oily hair with dry ends. i use Jojoba's shampoo and results are better compare with Kerastase even and way better compare with Johnson&Johnson ...and even without conditioning my hair is moisturised, shine, very very soft and full of body. My husband has dry hair and the shampoo is the best as well!!!! highly recommended.

(if there are any differences, then yes, I am referring to the European version)
I first bought this in Spain when I ran out of shampoo and this one happened to be on sale. Before, I never cared much about what shampoo I use - but Dove for Couloured Hair became my favourite in an instance!
I dye, tint or bleach my hair every 4 to 8 weeks since 1996, so it really has A LOT of chemical stress - which started to show. Since I use this shampoo, my hair has recovered at an incredible rate and I actually get compliments for my hair (the healthiness, not anymore just the amazing colours *winks*).

I use this daily and like the scent, too.