4.7

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

This foundation is by far my best foundations my holygrail.I have over a hundred all different foundations high ends and drug stores, (“-“) yes my husband thinks am nut.fionas stiles beats them all. I suffered from cystic acne and have acne scars and am using tretenoin cream.the foundation covers every impurities and doesn’t break me out ..i finally notice they were on acrazy sale at ultra I bought 16 more of them I refuse to be without that foundation .the walnut shade Melt to my skin no error ever..Yes that’s my best foundation..

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Awesome! Great for price!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

Not my HG (illamasqua skin base is) but still a great foundation for the price. The shades lean yellow and wear well throughout the day. I do get slightly shiny on my forehead as it wears (6 hours or so) but I think it actually looks strangely "glowy". Definitely one to wear on a day to day basis when I want to look natural and put together. I should mention this is not really matte finish despite the name.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

3 years ago

Great foundation for the price. It's not quite matte finish, nor is it a concentrate but it gets the job done. This does not crease but it can settle into pores over time despite using primer. I say "can" because it did settle into my pores until I started using pore-refining products and they have made a visible impact on the appearance of my pores. Back to the foundation, it does not dry out my skin and it looks very natural when applied but wear time is considerably shorter than some of my other foundations. Usually by the 7-8 hour mark I start noticing the foundation breaking apart. I have normal skin with a slightly oily t zone, not so much that I need to touch up with powder throughout the day but by night time I become a little shiny in that area. I love the way it is dispensed but don't like the fact that the top has to oriented a certain way to fit.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

3 years ago

I'm really surprised so many people actually liked this foundation here! For me, the consistency is thick, not exactly matte, not enough coverage, and broke my face out. It contains a ton of silicone and alcohol! It didn't even last very long, but I liked the color match. Disappointing.

About reviewer (488 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love love LOVE this foundation. This is my favorite, HG foundation. In all my life this is the best foundation I have ever tried. This foundation is so easy to blend and it looks so natural while still providing very good coverage. I love that it is light weight and doesn't feel like you have makeup on your skin. It doesn't oxidize and is true to color. I find that it does not settle into my fine lines and it lasts pretty much all day with or without a primer. The finish is not full on matte, I would say it is more of a semi matte finish. It still looks beautiful though, besides I find matte foundations to sometimes be too drying, but not the case with this foundation. It does not stick to dry patches, so it would be good for all skin types I think. I personally have combination, sensitive acne prone skin and it works wonderfully for me. I have not had any breakouts from this foundation and I feel like it is the best for my sensitive skin. I have been using this foundation for about a year and I will definitely be re-purchasing. I would definitely recommend this foundation to everyone. I actually recommended it to my friend who was having trouble finding a good foundation for her skin type and she has since been in love with this foundation as well! Believe all the good reviews! This foundation is amazing and you won't regret it! Hands down, my all time favorite go to foundation.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

Such a great colour for my fair skin (yellow undertone not pink) Lasts a decent amount of time Mattifying without looking drying I like the pump and the bottle is very elegant looking

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I do write an awful amount of reviews and especially for foundations. I've come across some really fabulous foundations over the years but this one.....this one is something special. I was madly in love with the original formula of Chanel Mat Lumiere. It photographed well, it didn't break me out, it was medium to full coverage, it was matte but had this beautiful luminosity finish to it and found a perfect shade. That foundation was discontinued and I couldn't find an 100% dupe for it until now. This matte finish foundation by Fiona Stiles is a dead on exact dupe for Chanel Mat Lumiere in every single category. Fiona Stiles retails for $30 and the Chanel was over $50! If you have oily skin and want a foundation that stays matte all day but also gives you a natural youthful finish, GET THIS. Shades: I'm in love with the fact that Fiona Stiles caters to people with true olive skin tones. There were a nice selection of shades in all tones but I found a few that were olive toned. I'm about NC40/42 right now and my shade in this foundation is #7 Almond. #7 Almond has a nice rich olive tan hue to it and matches my body perfectly. Finish: Like I mentioned above in my introduction, the finish is quite unique. A lot of brands try to get this finish down but a lot of them are left to be desired. It's tricky because you don't want it to be too hydrating and too glowy but you also don't want it to be cakey and too matte. This is considered a matte finish foundation in a sense that it would not budge throughout the day. It sets perfectly and I experienced no transfer. However, it has this subtle luminosity "air brush" quality to it. Formula: I love that this comes with a pump. The formula is on the runny side but it's not one of those watery foundations. It's not loaded with alcohol so it won't dry out your skin. It feels a lot like UD Naked foundation. It feels very comfortable on the skin. It blends extremely easily as well. It works with a brush and beauty blender. It allows time for blending as well, This is not a fast setting foundation. It will set in about five minutes. Coverage: One layer gives pretty decent coverage. I get a medium/full coverage with one layer. Overall, I highly recommend this foundation. Out of all the many foundations I currently have in rotation, this is by far my favorite and I will be repurchasing it!

About reviewer (342 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

3 years ago

First off sorry for a long review, but I know when I read a review to find a good product I like as much detail as possible...so I hope this helps! This foundation by far is the best foundation matching my skin type and color. Just like every makeup wearing gal looking for the right foundation, I've tried my share of drug store and higher end foundations. From Revlon, physicians formula, Sonia Kashuk,bare minerals, tarte, NARS, stilla, the balm, Becca. You get my list of comparison... About my skin: I have dry patchy skin,especially in winter months, with hormonal breakouts...cystic acne breakout one or two around the chin and cheek area occasionally. I'm Asian, light/medium with golden undertone. Product: This wears like a dream and color payoff is nice. One pump is good to cover the whole face, while two builds for a good, evening look. I use Real Techniques expert face brush to apply. It blends very well and easy to apply. It does clog your pores a tad, like any other foundation would, so a good cleanser and exfoliating scrub twice a week will do! A bottle lasts me about 3 months. The packaging is nice. It comes in a glass pump. My only CON:The cap is hard to pop on, kind of annoying to line it up but it's no no big. I am also very happy Fiona stiles is cruelty free. I've been leaning towards products that DO NOT test on animals. Great product. This runs $30 which is reasonable considering the great product you get. Just ordered a face palette from her line and can't wait to try! - D

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I've never heard of this brand before. I was doing some random swaps at Ulta and was impressed by the texture of the foundation, so I picked it up. I have NC20 skin and the color 3 matches me very well. I have to say that this is by far the foundation that I am the most satisfied with. This foundation delivers all I ask for from a matte foundation, or any foundation. - It's SO easy to blend. - It has medium to high coverage that evens out my complexion and covers up most of my minor imperfections beautifully. - It makes my skin look smoother. It does not break me out or make my skin feel uncomfortable when wearing it. - It does not oxidize or change color throughout the day. - It gives a clean matte finish without being fake (a luminous/natural matte finish, I would say). - It controls oil production in my T-zone pretty well. Even if my nose area gets oily, all I need to do it to blot with a tissue. The foundation does not break down in the presence of oil. - More impressively, it tolerates the dry patches on my cheeks very well. - And it's only $30! What else can I possibly ask for from a foundation? I'm very interested in exploring other products from the brand. Very well done!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm