Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour Blush Video

No Image

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A rep at Ulta pointed Video out to me after I told her I was looking for a good matte blush - and it's been my go-to blush ever since. As others have pointed out, the color in the packaging looks dark, but when applied it provides the perfect glow. The formula is perfectly smooth, easily blendable and highly pigmented. I truly believe this color can work well with a variety of skin tones: a little creates a subtle, daytime glow, a little more provides a deeper still natural flush. I love the slight magnetic click of the packaging, as well as the shallow grid built into the inside lid which allows you to tap your brush onto it and catch any residual product for future use, resulting in less waste. As the 8-Hour portion of the title suggests, this blush lasts all day, and I have very oily skin. I can't recommend Video enough, as well as the UD Afterglow line in general! I have two other colors that share in the same pigmented, smooth, long-lasting qualities as Video, this just happens to be my favorite by far.

Let me start my review by stating that I used to be a stick-to-one-blush kind of girl... Until I found this gem. I had heard people raving about it when it launched, but didn't think much of it because Urban Decay is known to make great products. When I saw this particular blush in store, I immediately had to have it - I was obsessed with the color and the formula. The pigmentation is absolutely insane, and just a gentle tap gives me more than enough for both cheeks. It blends beautifully, and has great staying power as well. (FYI, I have combo-oily skin, and I can still see the blush after a long work day.) Even though I've been using it consistently, I've barely grazed the surface.

Would definitely recommend to a friend!

This blush is one of my all time favorites. I've been using it consistently for the last 6-7 months. The formula is great, it applies beautifully and it blends out well. It lasts on my skin all day. The color is a nude color that I think works well with most looks. It can be applied with a light hand for a subtle flush of color or it can be built up to be a little more intense. The pan has lasted me quite a while as well, I have used it probably 3-4 times a week for the last 6-7 months and have only used 50-60% of the product so it will last a couple more months which is great. The only thing that I would suggest to make this product even better would be to add a mirror to the packaging. Love this product and will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not generally being a "blush" person...never really wore any, I suddenly got the idea to start using it. The big question was what kind/color would flatter my neutral skin tone but not look overly pink or bright. UD Video at first glance looks kind of dark and a bit brown. On my skin it has a soft pinkish nude glow. It is a muted shade so if you are looking for a bright kick of color this won't work but if you want a natural flush that has a subtle rose nude look this should work. I never thought blush looked good on me but I love this blush. It brightens and gives my face soft definition.

The texture is super smooth and it is nicely pigmented. I apply this directly over my foundation with no setting powder. It wears easily 10+ hours on my normal to slightly combination skin. No fading, no oxidation just a wonderful soft flush that does not accentuate any redness I have. This color goes with both warm and cool toned eye looks. Perfect.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bottom line, if you want a nice nude blush to compliment a darker/pigmented lip, this is the blush to use. Normally I like my pink blushes but I found that if I was wearing a pigmented lip that I needed to tone down the blush or else I'd look too cartoonish. I was skeptical about the color at first because I'm light-medium with my skin tone and this looked a bit dark. Trust me, it doesn't look like much but this has slowly become my go-to for when I need some definition but without all the color. It's definitely pigmented so you don't need much. Once again, UD delivers!

Popular Blush Products