theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in Dean B. Onyx

theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in Dean B. Onyx

2.7

on 5/12/2017 9:20:00 AM

Sorry such a waste of money. Smudges terribly.

on 3/2/2016 10:12:00 PM

it was great

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeliner migrates down below my eyes, to the point where I have to wipe under my eyes several times a day to remove the residue.

I use it on the top and bottom lash lines. I do not use on the waterline.

When I swatched in store, it lasted on the back of my hand as a crisp line for at least 6 hours, through several hand washings. On my eyes, it travels south in maybe an hour or two.

I gave it 2 lippies overall because even though it doesn't stay in place, it doesn't seem to lessen the visual effect of my original application - there is still plenty of eyeliner on both top and bottom lashes, it just also appears smudged underneath too. I don't like to have to touch-up under my eyes with a tissue every few hours.

It also isn't very creamy nor smooth - I feel like I have to press too hard to get it to apply and also need to go over the same area multiple times. I haven't tried other colors from this line, nor do I intend to do so.

I like the twist up pencil packaging, but that doesn't make up for the poor performance.

(I have great results with It Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in black, and also Stila Smudgestick in Damsel, both of which are also twist up, and both of which were consistently OOS locally.)