Shea Moisture African Black Soap Toner

Shea Moisture African Black Soap Toner

4.8

Deionized Water, African Black Soap Extract, Methylsulfonyl Methane (Sulfur), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerine, Witch Hazel, Vitamin C, Pathenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Salicylic Acid, Spiraea Ulmerea (Meadowsweet) Extract, Allantoin (Comfrey Root) Extract, Tamarind Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Moroccan Camomile Sauvage Oil, Tea Tree Oil

I have always loved shea moisture products and as a fan of the african black soap itself i was so excited to see this toner when it came out. I used to have skin that was more on the oily side in my teens and early twenties but with age have now gotten to a more combination type and also tend to be acneprone as of late. Because of this as I get older i definitely pay more attention to product ingredients before just slapping them on my body or face like i used to And shea moisture almost never disappoints. Just looking at the ingredients you can tell that it’s a winner because there are hardly any fillers to be found and it just has a bunch of good for your skin soothing yet powerful anti acne ingredients. I live in Michigan where we have a super humid climate in the summertime which can also cause my skin to have some acne flares here and there. Ever since I started using this toner I noticed that i have had very minor acne throughout almost the entire summer. I also like that It doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight or dry but just at a perfect balance. The tea tree scent may be a bit strong for some but i dont mind it at all and find it pretty refreshing. Overall I’d say this is a great product and would recommend for anyone with oily or acne prone troubled skin or anyone just looking for a good summer toner to keep the nasties on your skin at bay

on 7/19/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This toner is amazing! It gets off extra gunk after washing and never lives my skin feeling irritated, like many toners have a tendency to do. The ingredient list is especially appealing since it's full of natural goodness. Lots of toners leave me RED for hours after I've used them but this one doesn't even leave an initial redness, which is huge for me. The only complaint I have is the spray bottle, a lot of people probably like it but I feel like I would rather just tip the bottle over and soak the cotton ball rather than spritzing it. Overall, I highly recommend this toner to those with troubled skin. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I will buy this forever. This stuff is awesome...it does not dry out my skin or leave my skin oily. It deep cleans my pores. And I love the natural ingredients.Helps fight hyperpigmentation and also cleans your skin of what your facial wash may have missed. The glo-up is real with this toner!

I'm not a toner person but I do like the way it dries on my face and skin.

on 7/26/2017 10:19:00 AM

I wished i discovered this product sooner!

Background info: I used to have oily combo skin type, recently had a lot of massive breakouts and pores and started taking on accutane and now transitioned to slightly dry skin type.

Pros:
+ comes with a pump
+ ingredient list is the bomb (the cleanest i've found w no extreme chemicals
+ does reduce the redness of my acne

Cons:
- expensive (its not sold in my country...i had to pay extra more which amounted to $30+ for a bottle)

When i had slightly oilier skin, i found that after applying this toner some of the redness from my acne had reduced quite a bit which left me feeling impressed. It will also help further cleanse and remove any greasiness esp for oilier skin types. The smell is slightly herbal to me but it doesn't bother me at all. Initially when i first tried it i experienced a tingling sensation, but after a while it'd just go away. I've been using this for 2 months now and ever since then i have not experienced the tingling feeling again.

As my skin has slightly transitioned to slightly drier, i use this toner only when i can feel the acne rising because the toner is slightly drying and i don't want to dry out my skin way too much.

For oily people, not to worry, you could use it everyday if you like, its not a problem. It was slightly different for me as my skin has been transitioning slowly and i don't want to stress out my skin too much, so i thought i should point out.

Still, I'd repurchase it again. This is my 1st time trying out the SheaMoisture brand and would greatly repurchase more products from them.

Hope this helps!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

First thing you should do if you have acne prone skin is check the ingredient list! This is the cleanest ingredient list I've seen in a toner ~ sulfer and tea tree oil, and no silicone or parabens. I spray this on before bed and it has made my skin break out less and has helped even my skin tone. I love this stuff!
~top reviewer

on 1/25/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Skin staple for me for years now. Gentle, effective (although not heavy duty; this alone may not combat acne but works great in conjunction with other acne products) and natural. I alternate between this and Thayers witch hazel. Makes skin soft and preps it for moisturizer and/or makeup for a smooth application. Excellent ingredients - sulfur, tea tree, black soap - bacteria fighting powerhouses and great for enlarged pores. Love love love.

on 12/1/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

YES!!!!! I've been battling oily (and lately problematic) skin for years and I've finally found my HG skin routine. I've never been big on toners. too many have alcohol, dry out my skin, are sticky, or do absolutely nothing for skin. This toner is worth investing in and adding to my routine. I use it in conjunction with the mask once a week and the mositurizer every morning (waiting for my current face wash to run out before I try Shea Moisture's.) I use a few sprays on a cotton ball and wipe my face after washing, twice a day. Recently I've been breaking out and it's calmed the redness, got rid of my pimples - both big and small, and keeps my face matte soooo much longer. It's incredible. My face is smooth and stays oil-free for most of the day. I'm such a big fan of this company and I can't say enough about this line of skincare!

on 10/16/2016 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this toner. The entire line actually because I use the bar soap and mud mask as well. I have very oily skin, sensitive, acne prone and this line has been keeping me break out free for some time now. Wish I had found it sooner in life for sure!

Got this at cvs for around $10. The brand was bogo half. I got this to replace my stridex red box that i use on t zone. I love this product. I spray on a cotton ball and wipe over face especially on chin/jaw. It reduced existing breakout and my skin is so much smoother. It also makes my pores on nose less noticeable. I have sensitive skin and this does not sting or leave it flaky. I am impressed! I am becoming a fan of this line!