Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Liquorice.Amuse Bouche LipstickAmuse Bouche LipstickAmuse Bouche Lipstick

4.2

Not tested on animals

on 9/1/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Creamy and pigmented, these are one of the best quality tube lipsticks I have ever tried. The most similar formula I can think of in terms of opacity and smoothness would be the nars audacious lipstick, but I love bite’s shade range more. These leave a satin finish, but adhere really well to the lips and don’t wear off in patches. These literally melt onto the lips, and I could never go back to other lipsticks after trying these. I love the subtle lemony scent and the fact that they’re all natural because if you accidentally lick your lips with these on, you won’t get that waxy lipstick taste but a faint lemon cream one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are a little pricier than your MAC lipstick, but boy oh boy! You won't regret paying a little extra for [wait for it] hand-crafted lipstick made of food-grade ingredients. Great option for mommies-to-be and people, who don't want to "eat" chemicals.

I have first bought one of their nudes (Sugarcane) and fell in love right away. My collection now includes around 14+ shades and I love them all equally. These are the most hydrating, comfortable and delicious (literally) lipsticks on the market. They are packed with antioxidants, nutrients and have the most amazing taste (very kissable imo). They last incredibly well on the lips, never accentuate lines or dryness (I have quite a few lines on my lips and this formula will never settle into them, it just glides over giving me that "smooth lip" look).

Nude shades here in particular are amazing. The range is universally flattering (for the most part) and there is a perfect nude for everyone; Bite Beauty offer some unique neutrals or daring shades too. All very opaque in coverage. I have unedited arm and lip swatches in a separate review here, for those of you who want a closer look (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/07/29/Bite-Beauty-Amuse-Bouche-Lipstick-Collection). I show all 14 shades that I bought myself and they all are amazing in terms of quality and wear. Couldn't recommend this range enough!

on 6/20/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Argh, Bite Beauty! I love the colour range of this line. I love the smell and the taste and even the slightly pasty texture. Pink Salt was an agreeable limited-edition colour--a warmish MLBB mauve--but, like the Agave Lip Mask, caused my lips to swell up with lesions. Don't fall for the "it's-natural-it-can't-hurt-you" schtick. These things are packed with castor and nut oils and have the potential to do some serious damage. Interestingly enough, the Matte Lip Crayon (Glace--SO nice) is just fine.

on 5/24/2018 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the formula of these lipsticks so much that I haven’t worn another brand in months. I’ve quickly acquired a collection of eight shades and I’m sure it will keep growing. The creamy texture is perfect for my dry lips. I love the scent. The color selection is amazing. These last very long on my lips although the darker colors do transfer quite a lot (to be expected with such a creamy texture). They don’t dry out my lips at all. They’re pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted in a lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

When Bite discontinued their Luminous Creme lipsticks (that was years ago), I was crestfallen. However, the replacement Amuse Bouche lipsticks do not disappoint. I own Sake, which is such a beautiful, rich mauve. It's very similar to Colourpop's Ultra Satin in Dopey, a popular shade from that line.

This is a creamy lipstick with a classic sort of satin finish, a happy medium between matte and shiny. It's very pigmented, and the lasting power is great. Also, it smells so good, like sweet lemon candy. My only peculiar issue with this formula is that it disappears from the inside of my lips rather quickly, requiring me to reapply it in that area only. Other than that, this is a stand-out lipstick with a wide array of shades to choose from.

on 2/28/2018 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the colour Chai. It’s a lovely Nude colour if you have brown/darker olive skin tone. The packaging and wear and feel of the lipstick are also perfect. I’ll definitely try more from this line. I also love that they use good quality ingredients in their products and that it’s Canadian.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate to be so negative but I just can’t get behind this lipstick because it has absolutely no staying power!! I’ve tried 2 shades and even with the bite lip primer the lipstick is gone after 30 minutes... I don’t have this problem with other lipsticks so I am done spending money on bite lip colors. The colors are beautiful but it’s just not a good buy if you care at all about it staying on your damn lips!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been in to lipstick for a very long time, and there are other formulas that I like a lot, but I have never been in love with a lipstick formula like I have with Bite's. They are so creamy and pigmented, they wear really well, and their shade range is inspiring. I have several full size and mini sizes of this lipstick, and none of them are disappointing. Some of the bolder colors do need something like a clear liner on me just because my skin is so pale any imperfection or slip shows vividly, but that is something that I can deal with. The packaging is beautiful, and so is the product inside. I highly recommend these lipsticks because they are absolutely the best poured lipstick formula on the market right now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So being a lipstick junkie ( I own like around 100 lipsticks lol no joke) I have bought a few of these. I have mauvember, liqourish, beetroot, Kale. I haven't thought too much about them but now I am just realizing that they are the most creamiest, long lasting lipsticks ever. Miles better than Kat Von D, Dior, Mac... One of the things that makes them so long lasting is that they leave a stain behind which I love! (others may hate) But I personally love it because knowing if it faded it still has colour.

I am almost to the point where I would say they are my HG lipsticks. Only reason why I'm not is because liquorish sometimes feels a bit strange minty dry on my lips. The price is a bit more expensive than I'd like, only because now I realize I want to buy more of their other colours :P

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The Amuse Bouche formula is really second to none. It is highly pigmented, creamy, moisturising, has a satin finish, and yet somehow doesn't bleed outside of my lip line (which is an issue I struggle with). It doesn't dry out my lips and has a light sweet lemon scent that disappears once it is applied.

My only complaint is that you do need to exfoliate your lips well before you apply, because it can catch on flakes or dry patches and get chunky very quickly.

I have four shades: Sour Cherry, Jam, Liquorice, and Opal.

- Sour Cherry is a cool ruby red with blue undertones. I have a NW10 skintone and have never found a red that I really liked on me, but this is the nicest red I've tried. It looks clear and not too startling against my skin.
- Jam is a cool-toned berry plum. It looks a little darker on me than it does in most photos - more purple than berry.
- Liquorice is a deep oxblood red and looks really beautiful with a simple wing on the eyes.
- Opal looks stunning in the tube and I love the concept, but it really doesn't do much for me. By itself, it needs a lot of layers to give the lips an iridescent sheen. I don't like layering it on top of other lipsticks because if you use it straight from the tube the base lipstick rubs off onto the Opal lipstick bullet and you have to clean it. But if you pat it on with a finger the effect is barely noticeable.