Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Liquorice.Amuse Bouche LipstickAmuse Bouche LipstickAmuse Bouche Lipstick

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

When Bite discontinued their Luminous Creme lipsticks (that was years ago), I was crestfallen. However, the replacement Amuse Bouche lipsticks do not disappoint. I own Sake, which is such a beautiful, rich mauve. It's very similar to Colourpop's Ultra Satin in Dopey, a popular shade from that line.

This is a creamy lipstick with a classic sort of satin finish, a happy medium between matte and shiny. It's very pigmented, and the lasting power is great. Also, it smells so good, like sweet lemon candy. My only peculiar issue with this formula is that it disappears from the inside of my lips rather quickly, requiring me to reapply it in that area only. Other than that, this is a stand-out lipstick with a wide array of shades to choose from.

on 2/28/2018 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the colour Chai. It’s a lovely Nude colour if you have brown/darker olive skin tone. The packaging and wear and feel of the lipstick are also perfect. I’ll definitely try more from this line. I also love that they use good quality ingredients in their products and that it’s Canadian.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate to be so negative but I just can’t get behind this lipstick because it has absolutely no staying power!! I’ve tried 2 shades and even with the bite lip primer the lipstick is gone after 30 minutes... I don’t have this problem with other lipsticks so I am done spending money on bite lip colors. The colors are beautiful but it’s just not a good buy if you care at all about it staying on your damn lips!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know these lipsticks are a bit on expensive side (compared to MAC or even Tarte) but they are the best on the market.

If you are on a hunt for a classic lipstick, one that is incredibly pigmented, smells and tastes like heaven and is made of food-grade ingredients - you won't find better. I started off with one shade and now my collection includes about 10 (if not more) tubes of lipstick. Their nudes in particular are incredibly comfortable and so flattering. The formula is quite long-lasting, soothing and hydrating on the lips. If you live in a colder climate and any matte lip products dry you out - check out this line.

I am currently in love with the shade Jam. I pair it with the brand's 100 lip pencil and they are a dream team. I actually wrote an entire "how to" application guide here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/29/How-To-Bold-Berry-Pout-feat-Bite-Beauty) in case you want more tips on how to make these that extra bit long-wearing and perfect. All in all, fabulous range, couldn't recommend it enough!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been in to lipstick for a very long time, and there are other formulas that I like a lot, but I have never been in love with a lipstick formula like I have with Bite's. They are so creamy and pigmented, they wear really well, and their shade range is inspiring. I have several full size and mini sizes of this lipstick, and none of them are disappointing. Some of the bolder colors do need something like a clear liner on me just because my skin is so pale any imperfection or slip shows vividly, but that is something that I can deal with. The packaging is beautiful, and so is the product inside. I highly recommend these lipsticks because they are absolutely the best poured lipstick formula on the market right now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So being a lipstick junkie ( I own like around 100 lipsticks lol no joke) I have bought a few of these. I have mauvember, liqourish, beetroot, Kale. I haven't thought too much about them but now I am just realizing that they are the most creamiest, long lasting lipsticks ever. Miles better than Kat Von D, Dior, Mac... One of the things that makes them so long lasting is that they leave a stain behind which I love! (others may hate) But I personally love it because knowing if it faded it still has colour.

I am almost to the point where I would say they are my HG lipsticks. Only reason why I'm not is because liquorish sometimes feels a bit strange minty dry on my lips. The price is a bit more expensive than I'd like, only because now I realize I want to buy more of their other colours :P

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The Amuse Bouche formula is really second to none. It is highly pigmented, creamy, moisturising, has a satin finish, and yet somehow doesn't bleed outside of my lip line (which is an issue I struggle with). It doesn't dry out my lips and has a light sweet lemon scent that disappears once it is applied.

My only complaint is that you do need to exfoliate your lips well before you apply, because it can catch on flakes or dry patches and get chunky very quickly.

I have four shades: Sour Cherry, Jam, Liquorice, and Opal.

- Sour Cherry is a cool ruby red with blue undertones. I have a NW10 skintone and have never found a red that I really liked on me, but this is the nicest red I've tried. It looks clear and not too startling against my skin.
- Jam is a cool-toned berry plum. It looks a little darker on me than it does in most photos - more purple than berry.
- Liquorice is a deep oxblood red and looks really beautiful with a simple wing on the eyes.
- Opal looks stunning in the tube and I love the concept, but it really doesn't do much for me. By itself, it needs a lot of layers to give the lips an iridescent sheen. I don't like layering it on top of other lipsticks because if you use it straight from the tube the base lipstick rubs off onto the Opal lipstick bullet and you have to clean it. But if you pat it on with a finger the effect is barely noticeable.

on 4/5/2017 12:21:00 AM

Happiness in a tube. Love, love, LOVE it. I rarely spend $30 (CAD) on a lipstick, but this is totally worth the splurge. It goes on so creamy and smooth and opaque with just one swipe, and it lasts for hours. I'm 47, and my lips tend to be dry; this wears beautifully, doesn't settle into lines, and feels comfortable hour after hour. I can't think of another lipstick I own (and I own way too many) that feels quite so nice. I received a deluxe sample of a more expensive prestige brand lipstick when I purchased this, and it was just blah compared to the Amuse Bouche. The scent reminds me of lemon curd (it smells good enough to eat), and the matte charcoal packaging looks lovely and feels sturdy. It's basically everything I want in a lipstick. I have the Pepper shade -- gorgeous. I'm very fair (natural hair colour is auburn) with a warm undertone. Pepper looks like a slightly darker version of my natural lip colour -- not too cool, not too warm. My next lipstick purchase will be the Honeycomb, and then the Meringue, and then the Chai...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I remember being completely distraught when the Luminous Creme lipsticks were being discontinued and now I'm so glad they did away with those, because Amuse Bouche is the best formula, hands down! I own Pepper, Licorice, Rouge Berry, Mistletoe, Mauvember 2016, Tannin, Maple, Rhubarb, Chai, Sake, Lavender Jam, Taro, Nori, Sweet Cream, Verbena, Beet Root and Thistle. I have a handful from the old formula as well, and there's just no comparison. The Amuse Bouche is a satin finish that lasts for hours on me. It's funny how I read so many different descriptions of the scent, from lemon to orange to peppermint. For the record, I get lemon, and I can't detect mint, which I'm very sensitive to. I also don't find these drying at all, and I'm the type who can't get into the liquid lipstick fad because they dry my lips something fierce. The only thing I hate is the price, so I've tried to only buy with gift cards and during sales. At this point, I think I own all the ones I want, though!

on 3/28/2017 11:44:00 PM

I adore these lippies. They're worth every penny. I own 4 colors and love them all. I don't purchase many HE lipsticks, but these are amazing. I want so many more.

Pros:
Super creamy and comfortable.
Long wearing. With a lip liner I get at least 4 hours, usually more.
Very pigmented.
Nice, sleek packaging.
Lovely finish.
Great ingredients.
Non drying.

Cons:
Nothing other than the price tag.

These are easily my favorite lipsticks. I highly recommend them. Sephora has a couple of duos of the minis for around $15. Give them a try!