Burt's Bees BB Cream in Light

Burt's Bees BB Cream  in Light
BB Cream  in Light

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients (Light Shade): Titanium Dioxide 5.3 and Zinc Oxide 7.0Inactive Ingredients (All Shades): Water, Glycerin, Decyl Oleate, Isoamyl Cocoate, Isoamyl Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Stearic Acid, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Beeswax, Jojoba Esters, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alochol, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Carboxymethyl C10-16 alkyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, magnesium aluminum silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, isostearic acid, lecithin, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, polyhydroxystearic acid, sodium phytate, trihydroxystearin, alumina, arachidyl alcohol, sorbic acid, alcohol denat., potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol.

I was surprised to finally find a BB cream that wasn't too dark for me. Unfortunately, the formula is garbage. It is SO sticky and it never dries down, AND it makes me look sick. I tried patting it on the first time and it was a patchy, powdery (yet still sticky) mess. It was so bad, I wiped it all off and tried rubbing it on. The texture was a little better, but still shiny and it made my imperfections look worse. I'm very disappointed by this. It's some of the worst makeup I've ever tried. OH AND WAIT - it stinks. Lol. It smells like when you put 2 or 3 essential oils together and you think it's gonna smell good, but it ends up smelling awful.

All those great reviews I'm seeing all over the place must be fakes. They've got to be. Or else they were written by people who are wearing makeup for the first time in their life.

Update: I am trying to clean it off (I gave it a full day since I wasn't going out) and have almost finished my bottle of micellar water trying to get the tacky feeling off. It won't go away. And I can't even see makeup on the pad, it just looks gray. If you see one of your friends reaching for this product, please, save a life and knock it out of their hand!

on 3/20/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Most of my body is pretty fair and neutral toned, but for some reason my face is dark and orange. This product is uniquely perfect for me because it's very fair and it has a slight greenish-grey tint to it, so it neutralizes the hyper pigmentation in my face. It gives nice light coverage and doesn't seem to cause breakouts. I use it everyday.

on 1/13/2018 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not so sure about this product as yet because I haven't had the chance to use it more than once. I am looking for a moisturising light and/or foundation as my HG (bareMinerals bareskin) is sold out everywhere! My most important requirements are moisturising and no silicone. Which strangely is hard to to find!

So I am super excited to get this in Light/Medium and so far the colour is a good match. On initial application, this does seem greyish and creates that mask-like look. Fret not, after a while it absorbs nicely and gives the skin that great "my skin but better" look. I really love it!
I've tested it on a day out in the cold cold winter (-6C, feels like -14C with windchill and blizzard). I walked around outside battling potential windburn. When I check my skin, I still look so radiant! No dryness, wrinkles or peeling! I have dry skin and now with the dry weather; I really believe this is only good for people who have dry skin. Oily skin might have to be wary of this.

Good to know I can rely on this for winter!

I am so hoping I found a new HG as the bareMinerals bareskin tinted serum I've bought recently oxidises real bad and dries my skin out, wrinkling my face and aging me by 20 years!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm kind digging this Bb.

The good: It's light enough, yellow enough, and has no hints of orange. It has some coverage and a physical sunscreen. It also seems to not break up and clump on my face. Plus the tube lets the right amount out and would be secure in a m/u bag or purse.

The bad: So far, the only downside is that the cream has an odor. It disappears quickly, but it is a bit unpleasant when you first squeeze it out of the tube.

The unknown: I hope it continues to work in the winter when my skin gets dry dry dry.

Update: Tnis product contains alcohol. The bad, drying kind that damages skin. I might need to toss this. Blah.

I like the fact that this BB cream is 99% natural and IT MATCHES MY SKINTONE. I'm VERY hard to match, most drugstore foundations are too dark, too orange or too yellow for me. Not so with this! It's a perfect match and blends with my skin in all types of lighting, including outdoor sunlight. However...

....It comes off my nose rather quickly. I have to "bake" my nose with translucent powder and NOT touch my nose at all, or it will come off. It also gets a bit cakey on it's own in other areas of the face if it's not set with translucent powder, and again - you can't touch it. At all. Or off it comes. It also shows every pore in warm weather, which is just lovely. Not a repurchase for me!

on 4/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

This is such a sneaky product. The very first time I put it on I was like "Whaaaat is this!?". Firstly, I have fair skin and I have never worn foundation or any kind of coverage product but recently I've been wanting something to give my skin a bit of a finished glow. Squeezing this out of the tube, it has this weird grey"ish" clay kind of colour and the texture seemed way too heavy for what I wanted. I put it on and pretty much instantly decided I'd return it, it was so thick and grey...I looked like a really really ill person.
5 minutes later my housemate gets home and is like "holy mother your skin looks incredible"! I think she's being sarcastic so I go to look in the mirror..."holy mother my skin does look incredible!". I had gone from pasty grey ill person look to a perfect glowing dewy look which is just what I wanted. It somehow perfectly adapts to your skin. Unfortunately not 5 stars because it only lasts about 2 hours. I really wish it lasted longer.

I had high hopes, but I am going to be returning this. It is very pale and chalky to start out with, and just gets greasier and greasier as the day wears on. Not dewy, like several of the other BB's that I love, but actually oily. I have dry/combo skin, and I never have to blot. I had to blot all day yesterday wearing this. The shade was much lighter than I expected (not a bad thing, but not a good match for me personally), but when I first applied it I thought "Oh, this is a bit chalky to apply, but I like the coverage". Yeah...that didn't work well for me. Thank god Walgreens allows returns! Would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this because I have extremely acne-prone skin and this is one of the few things that doesn't break me out. The only thing is it doesn't last through my 8-hour work day! I do set it with a little powder and I use blotting sheets a couple times a day but I guess the oil from my face still wears this stuff down.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm in love! I love the It cosmetics CC, but it's too expensive for me to buy regularly. Likewise for the Juice Beauty Serum foundation, and their CC(which looks fantastic only when my skin is clear). My skin is very pale, normal/combo, a little sensitive, and prone to hormonal breakouts. I have some pigmentation from the acne that takes a long time to fade, and a lot of broken capillaries around my nose. I ADORE the Andalou Naturals CC, but it's just too dark! In every other way that would be my HG. I have a lot of problems with most foundations oxidatizing on my fair skin, and I try to use products that are natural and relatively inexpensive. This meets all of my needs. It is very light in color, and yes, a little gray like a traditional Korean BB! The coverage is phenomenal, and buildable. It does have an odd smell. Very mild, but with a touch of smell that I can only describe to be like foot odor or stinky cheese. However it's very light and fades quickly. Only real downside is the photographability, because it contains a lot of zinc or titanium. I put a little powder over it and it seems to help with that aspect. I'm really thrilled to find something at my price point that ticks off all the most important boxes!

on 12/7/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I kind of like this. I found it on sale and wanted a bit of coverage, sun protection and moisturizer and thought why not.

First off, it's a heavier formula than a lot of BB/CC creams and foundations I've tried. It's also quite pale for a light BB cream. Others tend to be a bit more something, be it orange-y if it oxidizes, or more pink/beige/yellow, depending on the formula. This seems a bit chalky, maybe even a bit grayed out in terms of skin tones.

My skin is on the pale side, kind of in the range of an NC15-20, leaning slightly cool. It matches fairly well. A blob on my skin it looks a lot paler, but it blends out well and doesn't look heavy or chalky on my face. The formula doesn't dry to a silky finish or anything. It doesn't quite set "tacky," but it feels like it doesn't absorb all the way either. Basically it doesn't quite feel like I'm wearing nothing with it on. I think that's the physical sunscreen at work, however, and that's what I prefer since I'm not a fan of chemical sunscreens anymore.

My skin does feel a bit moisturized and a bit more evened out after applying this. I haven't noticed any creasing, oxidizing or uneven wear with this, which is nice. There's a bit of a scent, too, which the packaging cites as a natural fragrance. I'm not sure what it is, though. It's mildly reminiscent of cardboard with a touch of fruitiness and a hint of floral something. Maybe it's the Noni extract. I'm not a fan of beauty products that smell like fruit, florals or dryer sheets, and this doesn't hit any of those irritating points for me.

I don't know about any of the nine purported benefits. It makes my skin look a bit nicer, but whether it's helped even skin tone or minimized some fine lines, I can't really say. (I put more stock in peels or a nighttime moisturizer to do that, anyways.)

As for repurchasing, that's a maybe. By the time I use this up there could be be something else I'm more interested in trying. There's nothing bad here, though. I just personally am not blown away by it. I'll just happily use it up and then see what else is out there.