Burt's Bees BB Cream in Light

Burt's Bees BB Cream  in Light
BB Cream  in Light

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients (Light Shade): Titanium Dioxide 5.3 and Zinc Oxide 7.0Inactive Ingredients (All Shades): Water, Glycerin, Decyl Oleate, Isoamyl Cocoate, Isoamyl Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Stearic Acid, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Beeswax, Jojoba Esters, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alochol, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Carboxymethyl C10-16 alkyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, magnesium aluminum silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, isostearic acid, lecithin, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, polyhydroxystearic acid, sodium phytate, trihydroxystearin, alumina, arachidyl alcohol, sorbic acid, alcohol denat., potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm kind digging this Bb.

The good: It's light enough, yellow enough, and has no hints of orange. It has some coverage and a physical sunscreen. It also seems to not break up and clump on my face. Plus the tube lets the right amount out and would be secure in a m/u bag or purse.

The bad: So far, the only downside is that the cream has an odor. It disappears quickly, but it is a bit unpleasant when you first squeeze it out of the tube.

The unknown: I hope it continues to work in the winter when my skin gets dry dry dry.

Update: Tnis product contains alcohol. The bad, drying kind that damages skin. I might need to toss this. Blah.

I like the fact that this BB cream is 99% natural and IT MATCHES MY SKINTONE. I'm VERY hard to match, most drugstore foundations are too dark, too orange or too yellow for me. Not so with this! It's a perfect match and blends with my skin in all types of lighting, including outdoor sunlight. However...

....It comes off my nose rather quickly. I have to "bake" my nose with translucent powder and NOT touch my nose at all, or it will come off. It also gets a bit cakey on it's own in other areas of the face if it's not set with translucent powder. But in my opinion, these are quirks that I can deal with. It's a small price to pay for a perfect match BB cream that has mostly natural ingredients!

I had high hopes, but I am going to be returning this. It is very pale and chalky to start out with, and just gets greasier and greasier as the day wears on. Not dewy, like several of the other BB's that I love, but actually oily. I have dry/combo skin, and I never have to blot. I had to blot all day yesterday wearing this. The shade was much lighter than I expected (not a bad thing, but not a good match for me personally), but when I first applied it I thought "Oh, this is a bit chalky to apply, but I like the coverage". Yeah...that didn't work well for me. Thank god Walgreens allows returns! Would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this because I have extremely acne-prone skin and this is one of the few things that doesn't break me out. The only thing is it doesn't last through my 8-hour work day! I do set it with a little powder and I use blotting sheets a couple times a day but I guess the oil from my face still wears this stuff down.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm in love! I love the It cosmetics CC, but it's too expensive for me to buy regularly. Likewise for the Juice Beauty Serum foundation, and their CC(which looks fantastic only when my skin is clear). My skin is very pale, normal/combo, a little sensitive, and prone to hormonal breakouts. I have some pigmentation from the acne that takes a long time to fade, and a lot of broken capillaries around my nose. I ADORE the Andalou Naturals CC, but it's just too dark! In every other way that would be my HG. I have a lot of problems with most foundations oxidatizing on my fair skin, and I try to use products that are natural and relatively inexpensive. This meets all of my needs. It is very light in color, and yes, a little gray like a traditional Korean BB! The coverage is phenomenal, and buildable. It does have an odd smell. Very mild, but with a touch of smell that I can only describe to be like foot odor or stinky cheese. However it's very light and fades quickly. Only real downside is the photographability, because it contains a lot of zinc or titanium. I put a little powder over it and it seems to help with that aspect. I'm really thrilled to find something at my price point that ticks off all the most important boxes!

on 4/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

This is such a sneaky product. The very first time I put it on I was like "Whaaaat is this!?". Firstly, I have fair skin and I have never worn foundation or any kind of coverage product but recently I've been wanting something to give my skin a bit of a finished glow. Squeezing this out of the tube, it has this weird grey"ish" clay kind of colour and the texture seemed way too heavy for what I wanted. I put it on and pretty much instantly decided I'd return it, it was so thick and grey...I looked like a really really ill person.
5 minutes later my housemate gets home and is like "holy mother your skin looks incredible"! I think she's being sarcastic so I go to look in the mirror..."holy mother my skin does look incredible!". I had gone from pasty grey ill person look to a perfect glowing dewy look which is just what I wanted. It somehow perfectly adapts to your skin. Unfortunately not 5 stars because it only lasts about 2 hours. I really wish it lasted longer.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm absolutely in love with this product! (I consider tinted moisturizers and BB creams foundation.) One makeup tip I've learned this year is if you have "nice", "young" or "problem free" skin stop wearing heavy foundation as it's more than you need. After trying a lot of foundations and many of them looking cakey, fake, trying too hard, or just off I finally really understood...I was doing too much and it was having the opposite of the desired effect. This BB cream applies so nicely, it gives a lit from within glow with no glitter or shimmer or greasy look! It never looks heavy or artificial on, you really can't tell your wearing "foundation"...your skin just looks amazing. It makes my skin feel and so moisturized and healthy. This is definitely my favorite light easy natural look foundation right now. It's a bit pricey for a drugstore item, I might have never tried it if it wasn't half off but I'm so happy I did and don't mind paying full price to repurchase. Also this had a stronger smell, kind of lemony. You've been warned. Excellent BB cream!

on 10/10/2016 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've used this for over a year now - and it's still a great BB option if you have oily skin because it contains silica to help with oil control/shine. (I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer a bit more - but it's a little too moisturizing). I've applied it with both a damp beauty blender (much more sheer coverage) and with my elf buffing brush (more coverage) and it turns out beautifully if you can find a color mix to match your skintone. I find that most of the shades will pale you out. However, I've went back and forth with this mixed with Tarte's Amazonian Clay tinted moisturizer/BB because Tarte's version has no silica. Silica is great for oil control/drying your skin out, but if I use too many products with it (like silica powder) it tends to dry my skin out/sit funny on my skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin - and so far - I've had NO breakouts - and the ingredients are almost 99% natural - so no talc etc.. and it does contain SPF. After washing this off my face (having it on for 8 hours a day) I think that my skin is actually getting softer using this product. I do use a topical acne treatment (BP) before applying any of this - and I have no issues.

I definitely recommend ppl check this BB cream out if it suits your skin tone. It currently comes in three colors: light, light/medium, and medium. I have both light/medium and medium and mix them because the light shades are very light, and the medium looks a little too dark. I've found this at Target and Walgreens, but my Walmart doesn't carry it, but I've seen it at certain grocery stores. A little goes a long way - and it lasts!

After using this on and off for a year - I just tried it out today (applied light dots buffed in with my brush) over my moisturizer to see if I could use it as a "primer" of sorts before applying my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation over it. It works GREAT! I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting as oily as I normally am by 9AM today - it's got to be because Burt's Bees does have SILICA to help with shine. Not all primers have silica. I'm sensitive/acne-prone, so silicone primers bother me - but since I know this stuff doesn't bother my skin, I think I just found a great primer to use under my foundation for more coverage and oil control :)

on 12/7/2016 2:12:00 PM

I kind of like this. I found it on sale and wanted a bit of coverage, sun protection and moisturizer and thought why not.

First off, it's a heavier formula than a lot of BB/CC creams and foundations I've tried. It's also quite pale for a light BB cream. Others tend to be a bit more something, be it orange-y if it oxidizes, or more pink/beige/yellow, depending on the formula. This seems a bit chalky, maybe even a bit grayed out in terms of skin tones.

My skin is on the pale side, kind of in the range of an NC15-20, leaning slightly cool. It matches fairly well. A blob on my skin it looks a lot paler, but it blends out well and doesn't look heavy or chalky on my face. The formula doesn't dry to a silky finish or anything. It doesn't quite set "tacky," but it feels like it doesn't absorb all the way either. Basically it doesn't quite feel like I'm wearing nothing with it on. I think that's the physical sunscreen at work, however, and that's what I prefer since I'm not a fan of chemical sunscreens anymore.

My skin does feel a bit moisturized and a bit more evened out after applying this. I haven't noticed any creasing, oxidizing or uneven wear with this, which is nice. There's a bit of a scent, too, which the packaging cites as a natural fragrance. I'm not sure what it is, though. It's mildly reminiscent of cardboard with a touch of fruitiness and a hint of floral something. Maybe it's the Noni extract. I'm not a fan of beauty products that smell like fruit, florals or dryer sheets, and this doesn't hit any of those irritating points for me.

I don't know about any of the nine purported benefits. It makes my skin look a bit nicer, but whether it's helped even skin tone or minimized some fine lines, I can't really say. (I put more stock in peels or a nighttime moisturizer to do that, anyways.)

As for repurchasing, that's a maybe. By the time I use this up there could be be something else I'm more interested in trying. There's nothing bad here, though. I just personally am not blown away by it. I'll just happily use it up and then see what else is out there.

I bought this BB cream on a whim and am so glad that I did! Alphabet creams have turned me off in the past because they are often too dark for my skin, especially during the colder months. This may end up being my holy grail BB Cream! The coverage for the amount I used really reminded me of the coverage I get from Tarte's amazonian clay foundation, but it is much more hydrating. Perfect for winter skin, and so nice for pale gals! The smell is a bit off-putting, but quickly goes away. I would recommend applying with a flat-topped brush. I tried to apply with my hands alone at first and it looked gray and almost scared me away from this amazingness. Once I used a brush to buff it in I was in awe at how glowy my skin looked. I love using this with a darker contour color from Maskcara Beauty. Perfection!!