Johnson & Johnson Pure Cornstarch Powder with soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E

Johnson & Johnson Pure Cornstarch Powder with soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
Pure Cornstarch Powder with soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great for so many things, obviously. Good for powdering up if you sweat a lot, to keep things cool and comfy. This is also great to use as a 'dry shampoo'. I just sprinkle some between the palms of my hands, rub my palms together, and massage this into my scalp, then I use a large paddle brush to distribute this evenly. Works great and imho is much more economical than a traditional aerosol dry shampoo. Obviously if your hair is dark, this might leave a white cast, so you may need to massage this in more than a blonde or dark blonde. But works in a pinch for sure! I do not have babies, but we always have a bottle of this in our bathroom cabinet.**Must be the one with cornstarch (not necessarily with aloe/vit E), the one with cornstarch works for my uses. The one without cornstarch does nothing for me.**

on 2/27/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this for so many purposes, and it is TALC FREE! This powder is amazing for keeping you feeling fresh and dry whether you dust it under your arms, between your toes (great for humid hot days) but most recently I've been using this in place of setting powder on my face. Very little is required, and it is so finely milled that you do not even see it after using it. Best part of all, I RARELY have to blot my face during the day which I can tell you is a huge benefit for someone that has combo/oily skin. Cheeks are normal but the T zone is like an oil slick the majority of the day but not since I've starting using this. I bought the large bottle, think it cost all of $2.84 on sale and this could last me my entire life, not to mention generations to come. I tap less than 1/8th of a teaspoon in a small plastic cup, dip my powder brush in and tap off the excess and dust on my face. It does not look powdery, nor does it look white (which was a concern I had since the powder is stark white) on the skin. It somehow absorbs without looking dry. Skin feels silky soft and I rather like the faint scent of baby powder, very fresh.

I haven't tested to see if there is any flashback in pictures so I can't offer comments on that but if you haven't tried this alternative to the more expensive options, give it a try. My biggest complaint about the regular face powders is that I need to reapply them often and there is usually a transfer of color if you wipe your face / blow your nose with Kleenex and I just don't like that. This cornstarch powder does not do that.

One final use to mention is that you can use it to absorb oils on your scalp (dry shampoo) with the same kind of melding in, does not sit there looking powdery, it disappears completely.