OPI I Manicure For Beads

OPI I Manicure For Beads
OPI - I Manicure For Beads

4.5

on 3/17/2018 10:09:00 PM

Love! From their Spring 2016 New Orleans Collection, OPI's I Manicure for Beads is a cheerful shade of medium pinky-purple with a creme finish. It's not in-your-face bright, but it's not subdued either. So flattering and perfect-looking on the nail!

Great OPI formula too. Opaque in two coats but you can really get away with just one. And no problems with application or wear.

This polish has a dupe in Zoya's Lois. Exact same shade and formula. 100% dupes of each other. I believe that I Manicure for Beads is a core shade now, so it shouldn't be hard to find. But Zoya Lois is also readily available and Zoya has frequent promos. Wherever you can find the best price, the two polishes are exactly the same.

I love the color and I love the formula. I would absolutely buy this one again. It's so good!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I Manicure For Beads is a gorgeous warm toned purple polish from OPI's New Orleans collection. It is a unique purple as most purples produced seem to have cool undertones. As I have warm skin (NC15), I really enjoyed how this warm purple looked on my skin - and I believe it would be flattering on all warm tones and even better weigh a tan. It has a great formula too - fully opaque in two coats. It dries quickly and to a shiny finish. It has a creme finish and applied easily with no streaks or patches. My only gripe with this polish is that it seemed to chip more than my other OPIs, only lasting around 3 days when paired with base and top coat. This was unfortunate as I can usually wear OPIs nicely for 4-5 days. However, the chipping was minor so I am only deducting one point. Overall I would recommend this colour as I love how it looks on me before it chips - and wear time is different for everyone after all. This is one is a great purple creme to pull out in the summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually purchased this color because I thought it might be a dupe for a long discontinued polish in my collection (Wet n Wild Berry Jubilee). It is not a dupe, it is much more dusty and slightly less purple. It is however a nice polish with a beautiful formula. The formula is a little thick and is opaque in two coats. It is a nice color, I would describe it as a medium red-violet cream. It is a very tame color, I would consider it safe for work and other conservative occasions. Probably one of the tamest purple polishes you'll find. I think it would work well with different seasons and many different occasions.

on 6/20/2016 3:31:00 PM

I Manicure for Beads is a gorgeous reddish-violet which applies like a dream. Earlier I had reviewed Spare Me A French Quarter (also from the New Orleans collection) and compared it to Essie's Flowerista, noting that SMAFQ was similar but more pink; I Manicure for Beads is also similar except that it has more purple (Flowerista is a magenta, i.e. a mix of fuchsia and violet).

on 5/20/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful unusual medium violet color with depth and smooth creme finish. The formula is great, applies nicely and is fully opaque with two coats. Very striking color and excellent quality.

on 2/26/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Collection: OPI New Orleans Spring 2016

Fascinating, complex, intriguing, mid-toned violet creme. Think morning glory vines, Mexican heather, and purple latana flowers. The color changes according to the lighting, which is part of its appeal.

Comparison of the "purples" I own (yeah, I know... they are more berry than purple):

Full Size Image

But check this out: I did not shake the bottle, so now you can see the color separation, hopefully. Look at the top of the bottle: see the pink? and the bottom: see the blue? I think the second picture shows it better, but I included both for you:

Full Size Image

And here it is with Super Cute in Pink, in case you like that one too:

Full Size Image

It is more pink leaning and somewhat subdued in warm lighting (standing under recessed can lights). It even appears to have a touch of plum under warm lighting; so lovely! Think purple Mexican heather and latana flowers. In shade and indirect lighting, POW! It becomes vibrant, but not "bright", and more blue shows up in the violet. Think morning glory flowers. In direct sun, it's a mix of everything I just tried to describe, and maybe even a little more than I could pin down. Sometimes it might even appear slightly dusty, too.... Such an enchanting color.

Great formula, 2 coats, no patches. Swatches can not really capture this mysterious shade. I am warm; very much an earth-tones person. This color is completely outside my comfort zone. I am getting accustomed to seeing purple on me, and yet, I find it to be very flattering. I bought (and reviewed on MUA) Spare Me a French Quarter, but was oddly drawn to this color, too. So if you are warm, and want to experiment, maybe this would be a good choice. If you love purple, this one is unique!

A note: I had both this and Hello Kitty Super Cute in Pink in my hands to compare. This seemed twice as "dark" as Super Cute, and much more complex. Besides that, Super Cute is a sheer jelly, and this is a creme. I figured go big, or go home, so I chose this one. I am still curious about Super Cute, though. (Update: I bought, love, and reviewed Super Cute on MUA!)

If the bottle broke, I have decided I would buy it again even though it's not in my color wheel, because I really like it a lot. I hope this review was helpful.

Popular Polishes