Black Radiance True Complexion Refining Skin Primer

Black Radiance True Complexion Refining Skin Primer

Cetaryl/Ethylhexanoate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Ozakerite, Silica, Microcrystalline Wax/Cira microcristilline, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquiioxane, Phenoxyethsnol, Sorbic Acid, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.

on 7/5/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first foray into primers. I felt like that was the one aspect missing from my otherwise pretty solid make up routine. I did not want to invest much money in one, so I tried Black Radiance. It is really a good product for the price point. The only drawback is the open package, with which you have to use your fingers. I would have preferred a squeeze tube. Try it!!!

on 3/13/2016 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was just so fascinated with the look of this product that I had to purchase. It is marketed as a primer and a stand alone skin refiner for those that don't wear makeup. I expected a firm balm like Mally Face Defender that you can apply with a sponge. Not exactly. This is a balm, but, a soft one. You use your fingers to apply just a little bit to the face to have a matte, refined looking complexion. Really a nice product for a really nice price.

on 2/25/2016 7:17:00 PM

Let me preface this review by saying that I have very, very oily skin and I live in Florida where the humidity is out of control even in the winter. I only picked this up because it came with a $2 off coupon and I've been using this product for about a week and a half and it is hands down the best primer I have ever used. I've tried them all, smashbox, kat von d, mac prep, and this one has blown them all out of the water - especially considering it is a drug store product ($5.99 - $3.99 with the coupon).

Packaging - it comes in a flat box and you actually have to dip your finger in to pick up the product. This seems potentially unhygienic but hey, wash your hands.

The consistency is thick, thicker than anything I've found so far in previous primers. Its almost like putty and takes some effort to put on but the thickness of the formula is what makes it work.

I have gone from blotting and touching up my makeup 3 times in the work day to maybe once. I've abandoned by urbandecay eye primer and I am using this which works wonders. Given the price it is definitely worth picking up!