Bath and Body Works Shower Gels

Bath and Body Works Shower Gels

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is the most terrible product on my purchase in this year. I purchase this because of year sale. I mean it's pricy in my country. I thought there is something wrong with my bed, but I got itchy rash on my back neck since I use this product. I think I'm allergic to this product. After I stop using this for 2 weeks my back neck is feel better but there's still rash on it. It's just not worth it, if you got a sensitive skin honey pls love yourself and avoid this product. Buy on your own risk people.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

The bath and body works shower gels are amazing! I don't see why so many people are bashing them because first of all they smell great and the scent lingers on your skin so you smell great too. Secondly, they lather up really nicely so they last a long time. Lastly, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized. I would say that they are a bit expensive so I recommend buying them when they are sale for $3-$5 (they cost $12.50).
My skin type is acne prone on my back, chest, and shoulders. In my experience using this product, it did not worsen my acne at all.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Warning: beware of these if you have sensitive skin. Like other reviewers have stated, I also got horrible skin rashes from this and would even bleed from them and it left my skin dry and flaky. The scents smell good but artificial, I wish they contained more natural ingredients and less chemicals. I have had much better luck switching to Soap and Glory and Lush for the shower. I do like Bath and Body Works fragrances so I stick to using their sprays for room fragrances and nowhere near my skin.

on 7/30/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I began using these shower gels a couple if months ago, starting with White Citrus. I started to break out in these horrible red dry patches all over my chest and around my collar bone. I used Ivory bar soap instead for a couple days and the patches were gone. No more Bath n Body Works for me. They are packed with bad chemicals and way too expensive. sticking to Ivory bar soap from now on.

on 7/11/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So i love these body washes and the scent really sticks with you for a long time after you get out. They doesn't break me nor my daughter out, they create a great lather with just a little bit, and washes clean with no residue left behind.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Their shower gels are LOADED with chemicals and gave me horrible contact dermatitis, rash. I have been miserable trying to get my itchy, rash skin to calm. Do not buy. Also, they aren't cheap!

on 1/26/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

YUK! These things s@ck major donkey ballz!!!!

Ok so I purchased a gripload of these based on initial scent - I got Japanese Cherry Blossom, Sugar Fig, Carried Away, Pink Chiffon, Sweet Pea, and Cashmere Glow. They smelled DELICIOUS... Fast forward to shower time and right away I noticed they were performing that "squeaky clean" thing, and not in a good way (side note: Is squeaky clean ever a good thing when you have dry skin? Nope!]. So I knew right off the bat these were gonna be uber drying. Even so, I could have been wrong in my initial suspicion so I banked on the fact A) I could moisturize afterward with the matching lotions I had purchased and negate being stripped of all moisture and B) at least I would smell good. No dice on either front. Not only did my skin feel horrible after my shower, but the scent had zero staying power. Le sigh...

I do not recommend these washes at all for anyone with normal or dry skin. These left my skin feeling like when you wash with Lava soap, but instead of it just being dry hands its dry everything. The only people who would benefit from these would be someone who suffers from body type breakouts because these would def clear that up. So if that's your skin type, I think you would review much differently than I. Never again,

on 5/6/2015 11:26:00 PM

I love B&B Works Shower Gels. They smell nice, and they lather very well. I've been a B&B Works customer for 15+ years now.

Since the B&B Works shower gels are expensive ($12+), I buy a whole bunch of them during the Semi Annual Sale ( in June and in December).

They are Holy Grail Shower Gels!

on 1/13/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have found with BBW products that if I wear more than one product from the same scent family the smell is over-bearing, so I usually stick with one product. Their body lotions are just OK in my opinion. However their shower gels are in my shower rotation arsenal. Some days I like using bars, some days I like using gels, some days I wanna use something creamy. What can I say I'm a fickle female. I usually keep 2-3 different scents of their bath gels handy, that way I don't get bored. I don't find these as drying as the other reviewers, perhaps it's because I do rotate them with other moisturizing cleansers. They lather like crazy, and they last forever. 3 bottles will see me through a year. Scents are subjective, everybody has their own favorites, mine are black raspberry vanilla, dark kiss, paris armour, dancing waters, twilight woods. If you get them on sale, they're pretty cheap, otherwise they are expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Let me just make one thing clear, I would never ever ever ever buy a Bath&BodyWorks shower gel again! Their shower gels deliver no moisture leaving your skin dry. Ew. These shower gels are just terrible. They include many chemicals and PEG'S, but worst of all... They contain PEG 150 witch is proven to be a cancer causing chemical buy doctors. PEG 150 is a aging chemical witch ages your skin (makes it look older) witch is TERRIBLE!!! Bath&BodyWorks claims that their shower gel's are packed with "benefits" I strongly disagree. Their is no reason to buy a shower gel for 11 dollars that has no value and benefits for your body.. Im not saying bath and body works isn't good!!! I very much enjoy their PocketBac Cleansing Gels, Thumbs Up! :) But sadly I wish that B&BW would invent a all natural shower gel with more "real scents" hopefully this comes in handy to all of you. :)

Stay Smart About Your Body.
$$ Pricey... You Can Buy Them For $11CAN