Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Deep Cleansing Gel

1.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Garbage. I purchased this because it came with a brush cleansing palette. The brush cleansing palette works fine, but this cleanser is as effective as water. Maybe water is better...it's hard to tell this is so bad. You need a LOT if you want it to lather so you can rinse it from your bristles. But after I washed annd washed and washed and kept adding more brush shampoo, I realized the skin was coming off my fingers but the makeup was still clinging to the brush hairs. I got out my trusy Parian Spirit and distintegrated that dirt with a couple of swishes. Regular hair shampoo works way better than this watery, weak, gel. I'm sticking with my Zote soap and Parian Spirit. I do really like the scrubby cleansing palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolute trash. Deep Cleansing Gel......HOW?????? Nothing would budge on my Real Techniques sponges and brushes no matter how many times I washed them. Not only that but my hands were severely dried out afterwards that they were screaming for lotion. I went back to using my Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser from Philosophy that also doubles as a brush cleanser and within 2-3 times of washing everything they all looked brand new and smelled incredible....as a bonus my hands were super soft. Save your money and get a big bottle of Purity, don't even bother with this garbage. I love Real Techniques brushes and sponges but this was a major fail. The best this did was make the stippling brush that I used to lightly blend my blush and contour together daily as a finishing step to my routine really white as there was barely an product on it in the first place.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My recommendation is to not waste your money on this. I've tried a lot of brush cleaners and this is the worst. I might get out small amounts of powder product, but anything more like foundation? No way. I've tried it with multiple foundations on different brushes and it always leaves quite a bit behind and I have to follow it with another cleaner. I've tried it on their sponge and it doesn't work on that either. On top of it not working, it has a very strong, unpleasant floral scent. I hate to waste any product but I had to give up and throw this out. Luckily it's not a very large container.

Sooo bad, used it to clean foundation and powder blush from my brushes while using a cosmetic egg on my fingers. Even while scrubbing no make up was coming off the brushes.. don't waste your money as quite expensive too. I ended up reverting back to baby shampoo which worked

Popular Makeup Brushes