Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation

Shiseido  Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation

4.2

-Mother of Thyme Extract: Helps prevent skin damage caused by oxidation.-St John's Wort Extract: Helps prevent skin roughness.-Octinoxate 2.9-Titanium Dioxide 2.4Dimethicone, Water, Trifluoropropyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyquaternium-51,Thymus Serpillum Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Polysilicone-2,Glycerin, Bht, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hypericum Erectum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Talc, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Red 27

I bought this because of Katleen’s review about it. I have combo skin with some dry patches on my jawline. At first I really hate it because I use it with mattify primer which make it look cakey and horrible on my jaw. Then I started using it with moisturize primer and it looks really nice I really like it. My face look fresh all day long. The weird thing about it is color. I have yellow undertone so I bought it in Golden3 (i’m between nc25-30) but it looks a little bit pink but it’s not that bad. I will buy it in Neutral next time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have combo skin and the number one problem I have with foundation is it slides off and gets oily looking fairly quickly. Some foundations do it immediately and others work really well for me. Primers don't help. Either the foundation works or it doesn't. This is one that works mostly well for me. This is a medium coverage foundation, I'd never say full but it's a strong medium. It's very liquidy and has a silicone almost powdery feel when you apply it. I don't love the feel of the product and every time I apply it I think it looks powdery (even though it's a liquid) at first. I usually use my artis brush with it (oval 7). I have tried a beauty blender but I think this foundation reacts poorly to the moisture in the sponge. So I brush it on and at first it usually doesn't look too good. But then it sits on my skin and looks better and better. At first I'd say the finish is a satin matte and by mid day it looks more skin like but not oily at all. I do set with powder in my t-zone. I never use primer. I'm about NC 15 and very neutral skin tone. I wear the Neutral 1. I can almost wear Neutral 2 in the summer but it's just a bit dark. I work 12 hour shifts and this is one that holds up really well all day, unless I wear a mask and then the humidity from the mask makes it break down around my nose. This foundation does not do well with dry flakey skin. This last winter I had a lot of peeling going on from active skin care and the dry winter and I could not wear this foundation. But I've changed up my skin care, I'm not peeling, and now it's warm outside and I love it. Also, it doesn't break me out, which ruins a lot of almost perfect foundations. This is fairly pricy but I think I'd repurchase. I'm only about 1/5 into the bottle so it lasts a while and we'll see if I still like it. For reference other foundations I like are Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder Doublewear (the original), and Urban Decay Naked skin. I'm super picky and I try lots of foundations but most don't work for me very well.

on 4/6/2018 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing, HG foundation. One of the few that I have repurchased. This is a medium to full coverage foundation. It is a thin runny liquid consistency. One pump is all I need to deliver med/high coverage. It is so pigmented and applies so smoothly. I dot it on my face and blend with an elf foundation brush. I haven’t gotten good results with beauty blender. You can also use fingers but the coverage tend to be higher with that method and it ends being cakey some times. Only cons are color range - I’m golden 4 but it is a bit too yellow for me and a tad dark, but the next shade down would be too light. Also, it can emphasize dry patches so make sure to moisturize very well underneath. It hasn’t been a problem for me since I started using Korean skincare which put more emphasis on hydrating In thin layers. If it sometimes ends up looking too cakey from over powdering, I spray with Mario badescu rose water. This foundation actually looks even better with time. It is initially matte but Once your natural skin oils start to come out it looks amazing semi matte and slightly glowy without being greasy looking. It also lasts for a long time. I have worked 12 hour shifts and it still is on by the end, although there is fading in some areas . I can’t recommend this foundation enough! It did take me some time to figure out the best way for me to use it, but once I did I was so glad I did. Again, I highly recommend. It is expensive but I use very little (1 pump) and it has lasted me more than 6 months. Try it!!

This is definitely my treasure foundation! Seriously, best foundation on Earth!

PROS:
- Medium coverage, but it's buildable
- Because it has buildable coverage, it can give you a super natural look (people will think you're not wearing makeup at all and that you were born looking that perfect) but it can also give more extra coverage for a party or an event
- Very liquid and smooth texture, makes the application very easy either with a brush or your fingers (I don't recommend sponges because since it's too liquid the sponge will absorb all the foundation and you'll be wasting your precious product)
- Adequate to be set both with compact colored powder or translucent powder, it doesn't look cakey either way
- IT NEVER LOOKS CAKEY. It gives amazing coverage without looking artificial or cakey at all!
- Very moisturizing and you can feel your skin is still breathing while you're wearing it
- Last for at least 5-8 hours, which is pretty decent (don't know if it lasts longer because I wash my face as soon as I get home)

CONS:
- Expensive , but WORTH EVERY CENT!
- Packaging is not that nice because it's a tightly-sealed glass bottle but since the foundation is very liquid and smooth it doesn't end up depositing on the bottom of the bottle. Even if there's some foundation deposited on the bottom you can always open the bottle and apply it with a brush, so packaging is not really a problem here

DiorSkin Forever used to be my favorite foundation, only before I bought this one. I never want to get rid of it! Great coverage, polished yet natural look (the "I was born this perfect" look), great color variation and very moisturizing! WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really only purchased this because the Dior Forever foundation I wanted so much is no longer available in Canada (apparently, it's in the process of being replaced with a newly reformulated version; I really wanted the "old" one and have a few samples but, alas, no full sized bottle). I have Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation in the shade Neutral 2 and it is a perfect match for my complexion. And I like it a lot. I do have to make sure I've moisturized well before applying - using a facial oil and then a moisturizer (and plenty of both) ensures that this applies smoothly but if I miss any areas, especially on my forehead, this foundation will really show up any flakes or dry patches. The texture is very light and almost watery but the lasting power is really good - far better than I'd ever expect from a product with this thin, milky texture. To be honest, I prefer the somewhat thicker texture of the Dior foundation - I feel it gives me more control. I like that this comes in a pump bottle but the strange asymmetrical shape means that you have to pay attention when putting the cap back on - it's really quite a stupid design lacking any practical sense.

As I say, I really only bought this because the Dior foundation I truly want isn't available. This isn't a bad second choice, however, though it does seem to come in a very limited range of shades. And I would buy it again except that I'm waiting eagerly for the "new" Dior foundation and hoping that is as good as the samples of the "old" one that I've got.

on 1/8/2018 3:51:00 PM

Love this foundation! Great coverage and looks very natural. Bought it to replace my Lasting Silk by Armani and I like this much better. Feels like nothing on your skin!

on 12/28/2017 5:59:00 PM

I haven’t written a review on MUA in a long time, but this foundation prompted me to because it’s a HG. (Yay!!!) I’ve been searching for my foundation HG for literally months and tried at least 30 (including the top selling ones like Armani Luminous Silk, Nars Sheer Glow, Kevyn Aucoin Etherealist, Dior Airflash, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, YSL, etc) and was really starting to think that maybe my HG just didn’t exist. I wanted a medium coverage that still looked like my skin but gave a slight glow (not matte), didn’t transfer, was moisturizing enough to not highlight my dry patches, and just made my face look flawless and creamy but not made up. I finally found it in Shiseido Synchro Skin in Rose 3. It ticks all of my demands (as listed above!) and lasts all day without fading. My dry, 49-year-old skin loves it (although I do use a good moisturizer first) and I look radiant and younger. Hooray Shiseido!!

on 12/27/2017 12:52:00 PM

This is a really good foundation. The best foundation so far that I have tried from Shiseido. I've been using their products for 4 years now bec. it doesn't give me pimples or acne unlike some brands that promises good coverage and yet makes skin worst later on and so needing to put on more makeup resulting in more clogged pores and an unnatural look.

I've always believed that foundation is a makeup item that's worth spending the extra money. Shiseido's Synchro Skin Lasting foundation is the most expensive foundation I've ever bought (so far) and it's worth the money.
For reference, I have normal/combo skin that tends to get oilier in the summer and I prefer a semi-matte finish.
This foundation meets that requirement along with lasting all day with the help of primer. (Guerlain's primer is my holy grail)

I find that applying it with a damp beauty blender sponge is ideal for a smooth, even application that doesn't look heavy.
Less is more with this product as it can look heavy and made up if you don't use a light hand.
I do set with loose powder and the result is a smooth, polished look. It does a decent job of covering acne scars but I'll use MAC's Pro longwear concealer for extra coverage.
For shade reference, Golden 3 is my match. (NC30)

Some reviewers have commented about the alcohol in it and fortunately, my skin doesn't have any reaction. (sensitive with rosacea) But YMMV as always. (SD Alcohol is on the list of ingredients but it's down the list and not in the top three)

While I voted yes to a re-purchase, I have my eye on Bare Minerals Pro foundation which doesn't have alcohol. I've tested a sample and love it but I want to finish up this foundation first.

on 11/24/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried this now in golden 2 and golden 3 and the 2 seems to be the correct color for my NC 20 skin color. But the formula does not seem to work very well for my mature slightly combo skin. I'm dry except for my chin.

I tried with just SPF the first time. I walked around with a face full of flakes. Second day I used SPF, moisturizer, primer. Walked around with a face full of flakes. Third day I switched up all 3. Still a face of flakes. 4th day I added a drop of oil to the SPF, moisturizer, primer combo. Better but face still showed flakes. (I am using a moisturizing cleanser at night and exfoliating.)

I think that this foundation is just not suitable for my skin or at least I can't get it to work for me. It is probably geared more for combo/oily skin types based on alcohol being right at the top of the ingredient list. It does hold up all day long, does not oxidize, even my chin does not get oily. A little goes a long way.