100 Percent Pure Maracuja Mascara: Black Tea

Not tested on animals

on 12/3/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a dry mascara that holds a curl and builds volume easily, but smeared all under my eyes. It's too bad, I would've liked it if it didn't give me raccoon eyes.

on 9/22/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the second 100% Pure mascara that I've tried and, unfortunately, this one was worse than the first, which I didn't care for either. First, the good: it's made from all natural ingredients and I like buying from this company and using their products. This product, however, just didn't work for me. I had read reviews on 100% Pure's website saying this mascara was a wet formula which I typically like. The tube I received was actually a very dry formulation and it didn't give my lashes much length or volume. I also found that the mascara tended to end up above and below my lashes during application which required the extra step of removing where it had splattered, for lack of a better word. I typically wear non-waterproof mascaras as transfer/running has never been an issue for me and I like that I can then gently and quickly remove my eye makeup in the shower before washing my face. This mascara stuck to my lashes like glue and even after putting quite a bit of effort into removing it, I had some black streaks around my eyes after getting out of the shower last night. Even today, my lashes still seem somewhat coated by the mascara. This one is definitely a no for me.

on 2/19/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

100 Percent Pure has long had their Fruit Pigmented Mascaras, and since they recently introduced a Marajuca Masacara line, I decided to try it. It retails for $25 USD, which is expensive for a mascara but the same price as their other mascara. They also make good quality natural cosmetics, so it's not too bad a deal. The marajuca masaras differ from the fruit pigmented ones in the they are vegan and gluten-free. As for the mascara itself, I've used it for a week and find it to be neither too wet or too dry. I didn't notice lots of volume, but it did give length for me. It doesn't flake (a problem I had with the fruit pigmented mascara) or smear, though since it is not water-proof, I imagine it would smear if gotten wet. I didn't have a problem with clumps, but I always run though my lashes with a metal comb, so clumps are never a problem with me. The brush is a standard spoolie. Overall, this mascara is nothing magical; however, I'm giving it 5 lippies because it is outstanding in the world of natural mascaras.

ETA: After using for a month or so, I'm downgrading to 3 lippies. I noticed my lashes are shorter, so this mascara is making the tips of my lashes break off. I occasionally have this problem with mascaras. I discontinue, and after a month or so, my lashes have grown back out.

Popular Mascaras