100 Percent Pure Maracuja Mascara: Black Tea

No Image

2.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/11/2018 8:09:00 AM

Finally! I plant based vegan toxic free mascara that holds a curl. My new holy grail. Every other one I've tried make my stick straight asian lashes fall limp immediately. Not this one. All mascara add volume for me so it lives up to the marketing. The black tea is truly black. I slept with it on and did not wake up to raccoon eyes. Washed it with toxic free face wash from acure and it came right off without having to first remove with oil for the traditional waterproof mascaras. The other reviews gave it such poor ratings bc I don't think those ppl are used to using all natural no toxic chemical beauty products. The toxic chemicals is what makes it work so much better. But I'd rather use a healthy formula that don't have irritating chemicals near my eyes but still performs. This is it! The formulation is on the dryer side which is what I love. Wet formulas will make my lashes limp. Highly recommend. The only all natural mascara in the green beauty community that will hold a curl for those stubborn straight lashes.

on 12/3/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a dry mascara that holds a curl and builds volume easily, but smeared all under my eyes. It's too bad, I would've liked it if it didn't give me raccoon eyes.

on 9/22/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the second 100% Pure mascara that I've tried and, unfortunately, this one was worse than the first, which I didn't care for either. First, the good: it's made from all natural ingredients and I like buying from this company and using their products. This product, however, just didn't work for me. I had read reviews on 100% Pure's website saying this mascara was a wet formula which I typically like. The tube I received was actually a very dry formulation and it didn't give my lashes much length or volume. I also found that the mascara tended to end up above and below my lashes during application which required the extra step of removing where it had splattered, for lack of a better word. I typically wear non-waterproof mascaras as transfer/running has never been an issue for me and I like that I can then gently and quickly remove my eye makeup in the shower before washing my face. This mascara stuck to my lashes like glue and even after putting quite a bit of effort into removing it, I had some black streaks around my eyes after getting out of the shower last night. Even today, my lashes still seem somewhat coated by the mascara. This one is definitely a no for me.

on 2/19/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

100 Percent Pure has long had their Fruit Pigmented Mascaras, and since they recently introduced a Marajuca Masacara line, I decided to try it. It retails for $25 USD, which is expensive for a mascara but the same price as their other mascara. They also make good quality natural cosmetics, so it's not too bad a deal. The marajuca masaras differ from the fruit pigmented ones in the they are vegan and gluten-free. As for the mascara itself, I've used it for a week and find it to be neither too wet or too dry. I didn't notice lots of volume, but it did give length for me. It doesn't flake (a problem I had with the fruit pigmented mascara) or smear, though since it is not water-proof, I imagine it would smear if gotten wet. I didn't have a problem with clumps, but I always run though my lashes with a metal comb, so clumps are never a problem with me. The brush is a standard spoolie. Overall, this mascara is nothing magical; however, I'm giving it 5 lippies because it is outstanding in the world of natural mascaras.

ETA: After using for a month or so, I'm downgrading to 3 lippies. I noticed my lashes are shorter, so this mascara is making the tips of my lashes break off. I occasionally have this problem with mascaras. I discontinue, and after a month or so, my lashes have grown back out.