Paula's Choice CALM Redness Relief SPF30 Mineral Moisturizer N/O

Paula's Choice CALM Redness Relief SPF30 Mineral Moisturizer N/O

4.5

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6; Titanium Dioxide 2.32 (sunscreens); Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (thickener),Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents and skin protectants), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (emollient thickeners), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Methicone (emollient), Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming agent), Isohexadecane (dry-finish solvent), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Propylene Glycol (moisture-binding agent), Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate (emollient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Alumina (suspending agent), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Glycerin, Panthenol (skin-repairing ingredients), Algae Extract (water-binding agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickeners), Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl, Dimethicone (skin-conditioning agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Diethylhexyl Carbonate (emollient), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives).

on 5/14/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I'm in my 5-6th tube of this amazing sunscreen/moisturizer.
It is very hydrating, moisturising and offers great protection.
It is very expensive in Europe and their shipping is absolutely insane but I wait for their free shipping days and stock up then
I have light olive skin and it leaves no white cast after applied.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is identical to the PC Hydralight sunscreen, and it is my Holy Grail sunscreen for my oily skin and sensitive eyes. I apply it liberally every day, rain or shine, all year. It doesn't sting my eyes, clog my pores and it feels so soothing.

on 5/23/2017 10:54:00 AM

I tried the N/D version of this in winter and it was great, but since I have combo skin and acne, I needed a less emollient version for summer. This is similar, it's slightly less emollient but still blends in completely, and has no scent, unlike the other. Don't mind that, don't really need scent in a sunscreen, though the scent in the N/D was nice.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this. Great ingredients and aimed at sensitive normal to oily skin. Sounded perfect! However, the white cast on my light olive complexion (similar to Penelope Cruz, for reference) was shocking. I looked so pale and sick all day, could not wait to go home to wash my face. So glad I only bought the samples! On a plus side it went on smoothly and lightly. But the cast made it impossible for me to try it again. Even though I bought 3 samples!

Summer again and the dreaded search for sunscreen began with trepidation! I have very sensitive and reactive skin and therefore my choices are limited. I held off as long as I could but then we had a really warm spell so I had to get something. I opted for the Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV defense spf50 but pretty much after application I was aware of it, but persevered through the day. Although it was beautiful really, it did bring my skin up in several little red bumps so, sadly, I gave it to my daughter who is fine with it. I then decided to give the Paula's Choice sensitive skin sunscreen a try. I LOVE IT! I have only used it for five days so I could still react to it but usually, my skin reacts within hours and at the longest two or so days. I find it very light, it has no scent and it's thin consistency means that I can actually cover my face with it before it becomes too dry. This avoids having to put too much pressure on my face when applying as this alone would make my face red. I don't use foundation but I do use Clinique Pore Refining Solutions pore minimizer and Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher Pen and find they apply well on top of the sunscreen. I feel that it has also made my skin softer. I suppose I do look a smidge paler after applying it but I am pale anyway and it would be very easy to add a touch of bronzer - it would certainly not put me off the product. I would definately re-purchase and am currently looking at reviews for the moisturiser in the range. I love this product and totally recommend it to anyone with reactive, rosacean skin!

UPDATE:

I have been using this sunscreen/moisturiser for a while now and it is really brilliant! I have found that my skin has improved since using it - I think it's because they have managed to include many beneficial ingredients whilst omitting potentially irritating ones. All of my products are chosen for their calming qualities rather than their potent ingredients, because my skin will not tolerate them. I absolutely love this product and will use it throughout the year as my day time moisturiser. 10//10

on 5/18/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It features three main antioxidants wich are:panthenol algae extract and green tea. The other main ingredients are AI's like:allantoin, chamomile, licorice, & aloe.

I put this on right after washing my skin without anything else. Mine was a thin lotion with a light white cast. It did not tug my skin, but IMO it could spread easier . It's not super moisturizing and drys fairly quickly but also leaves a tiny dewy finish that is not matte or oily,so oily skin might like this. Some white casts could gather in a few areas but some quick blending quickly resolved that.