L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay haircare bundle

No Image

4.2

I have already gone through two bottles of the shampoo and conditioner and have definitely noticed an immediate and long term change in my hair. I have just bought the Clay mask to complete the bundle so I will have to update this review once I've tried that out as well.

However so far without the mask I have found that it successfully prevents my hair from being weighed down and prevented that dreaded sudden switch over where my hair seems to suddenly becomes an embarrassing greasy mess mid day. The alleviation of that worry for me alone is enough to have me continue buying this product.

In addition it really does make my ends shiny and look healthier and gives me much needed volume near the roots. The shampoo/conditioner doesn't quite give the 72 hrs advertised(more like 48) but I will have to try with the Clay mask to really know.

Overall a great product that I have been recommending to my friends. If you have flat/oily hair I would highly recommend this product. It has even eliminated the need/use of my favorite dry shampoo.

on 3/15/2017 9:38:00 AM

I was lucky enough to be in Walmart when this lady was handing out samples of this. She gave me two. I waited a few days before using the second samples of shampoo and conditioner. I have fine weak and thinning hair that gets very greasy after just one day. Because I color my hair every 4 to 6 weeks it's very dry too. I can't believe how well this worked!!! I happened to use the second samples while I was extremely sick with a long term cold and didn't wash my hair for a few days!!! It works!!! My hair didn't get extremely oily like it normally would have. I'd say it cut my oil in half if not more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing all three products under one review as I use them all together and I think they work best as a 3 step system.

I have textbook 'greasy hair dry ends'. My hair always looks well for a day BUT After one day my hair goes lank and greasy on top and dry as a bone at the ends. I don't like to wash it everyday but I hate my hair on the 2nd day and normally wear it up.

Pros - This really works - This is so great for extending a shampoo session to two days ++. On day two my roots still look clean. Putting the clay on for five minutes before shampooing is no bother at at all - it washes out easily so really adds very little time onto your routine.
It also smells great.

Cons - While it works on greasy day 2 roots, I'm not convinced that the conditioner is hardcore enough for those of us with very dry ends - I have to use leave in conditioner to stop them looking frazzled so I'm going to ditch it and go back to using my Kerastase one.

Because the clay really does soak up your oil it also leaves roots looking a little dull! I appreciate that this is why your hair looks cleaner for longer but for a night out when I want glossy hair all over I dont use this system.

on 3/31/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the third and final time I have submitted this review. Firstly I hated these products - then I loved them. Now I'm back to hating them - because my scalp is covered in crusty sores. Probably from the dry shampoo. Sorry L'Oreal. Love the fragrance, etc. It just doesn't work for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

these 3 products are great. I have searched for a long time for a reasonably priced shampoo and conditioner for my very greasy and dry hair. the clay masque is great I do however hate the packaging as I get alot of wastage from it. the shampoo and masque defiantly go hand and hand I tried just the shampoo and conditioner alone and did not get the same results. I know can get 2 days out of my hair when I could only ever get one day with any other shampoo/ conditioner system. I do like the conditioner I can defiantly see better results than I have with previous conditioners but I do still need a treatment once a week maybe that could be something extra to add to the range

on 2/21/2017 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is extraordinary! I have very oily color treated hair. Greasy wet scalp and parched ends by the end of my second day. I am now on my third day, with two workouts thrown in, and my hair feels amazing. Dry roots, fresh feeling, and my ends are still moisturized. I only used the clay mask on the very oily parts of my scalp, around my hairline, and used a color application brush to put it on. I am so tired of silicones in EVERY damn hair product, and I am amazed at how my hair feels like HAIR again, not greasy roots and dried out ends. These products are amazing♥