wet n wild MAX FANatic Cat Eye Mascara

wet n wild MAX FANatic Cat Eye Mascara
MAX FANatic Cat Eye MascaraMAX FANatic Cat Eye MascaraMAX FANatic Cat Eye Mascara

2.8

on 4/20/2018 8:53:00 PM

Decided to try this- hate it. It is too wet, literally didn’t dry all day and smudged frequently. The brush is nice though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this product but for some reason I didn't. The packaging and price point are good but I think the formula is too wet.

on 11/19/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a tricky mascara to review, mostly because I usually have a very strong opinion about my mascaras. I love them, or I hate them. This one was totally mediocre, but I didn't hate it. I bought it after watching a bunch of review videos and reading reviews online for Wet n Wild and other cruelty-free drugstore mascaras because I knew I couldn't get to an Ulta before I had to have more mascara. This one came out on top (for products I knew I could find), and a few people raved about it, so I bought it.

It does a reasonable job with separating and defining, lengthening, and curling my lashes, especially for the price. I was impressed because this is my first Wet n Wild mascara in years, and I was very unhappy with the last few I tried. So, it's definitely an improvement over some of their older formulas and brushes.

I've tried two or three mascaras with this brush shape, and I'm not really a huge fan of them. They just don't work great with my lashes.

The formula was very, very wet, which isn't something I like. I prefer drier formulas because I have fairly short, sparse, straight lashes that do not like to hold a curl at all. But, I was happy to find that it dried out a bit after the first couple of uses and applied better with less mess. I also found that curling my lashes before using this was a big mistake. My pre-curled lashes look way worse after just an hour, so I went back to not curling them (which is how I like to be able to use a mascara anyway).

The volume was just meh. It made my lashes look a bit fuller, but not a lot.

But, it did give some length. Not a ton, and not as much as I wanted, but it was acceptable.

Basically, it definitely doesn't quite live up to the claims on the packaging (but I never expect a mascara to do that), but it wasn't awful. In a pinch, I would buy it again because I know I can make it work.

Pros:
Affordable
Pretty easy to find
Ok lengthening
Ok curling
Volumizes alright, but would probably work best if you already have somewhat full lashes

Cons:
This style of brush can be difficult to work with in my experience
Very wet formula
Volume can very quickly turn into chunky lashes
Some flaking, but not every time I used it (it was just a few pieces, thankfully)
Takes a while to dry

on 9/9/2016 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Price point: affordable

What it gets right: the brush is great and applies the mascara easily. It extends and separates the lashes and increases visibility.

What it misses: the mascara smudges frequently and left me with product underneath my eye. It is as if the mascara does not dry completely.

on 9/8/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in a Target beauty box. Love those Target beauty boxes, and as a mascara junkie, I will always buy the beauty box with mascara. I love the brush. Makes for longer lashes. It is not perfect, the formula smudges easily and is a little wetter than I prefer, but it didn't clump and gave me long feathery lashes. It didn't make my eyes burn and removes easily. I don't know if there is a waterproof formula; I don't care for waterproof mascara as a rule. They burn my eyes.

Probably the best wand I've ever used. The wand puts a lot of emphasis on the outer lashes, which is what creates that advertised cat eye shape. With that being said, the formula is way too wet and moisturizing which doesn't really allow you to build it up, keep a curl or not smudge. It didn't give me much volume either.

on 7/24/2016 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This isn't bad for a cheap mascara. I have used $30 mascaras that weren't as good as this. For me, this mascara gave good length, a hint of volume and did not irritate my eye area. The wand is a fan brush style and I liked that I was able to reach to the outer lash area with ease. The down side is that this is prone to clumping and wore off as the day went on. It did not help my lashes hold curl at all, but very few mascaras do for me. Inexpensive to try it out to see if it works for you.

on 7/10/2016 6:57:00 PM

Unfortunately it transferred over to my upper lids. It looked great going on. No clumping, gave me length and volumeven, but in 2 hours I had that black mascara smear onot my upper lids.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The wand does give a pretty cat eye shape. It also lengthens also not to pay with other mascaras, nonetheless I still think it does a good job as a lengthening and volumizing mascara. One really cool plus about this mascara is that it inst crunchy or stiff. I know some ladies hate that feeling. They feel moisturized and supple instead. Good stuff for the price.

I have finally found a go to mascara. I have heavy lashes, so they don't keep curl very well, but this stuff keeps it in place! I've tried Benefit, Loreal, Covergirl, and pretty much any other drugstore brand you can thing of. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it isn't waterproof. Usually that's not a problem, but since this is really good at lengthening and keeping curl, it gets smudgy below my eyebrows. Other than that, I LOOOOVE this stuff!