BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Matte Rescue

2.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and big pores, especially my cheeks. This primer is lightweight and absorbes into my skin fast. I like that. I don’t think it does the best job of keeping shine away, but I also use other Porefessional products and they help with that. The price was more than I usually spend, but overall I don’t mind the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Luckily, I bought the mini size of this primer just to try it out, instead of spending the full $28. The quality is just average, it's nothing to obsess over. It does an okay job at making the skin matte, but the staying power isn't very strong. I would still get shiny throughout the day and would have to touch up. Spend your money on a different primer, cause this doesn't live up to expectations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love the original one for shine and creating smooth matte long wear. needs to be more reasonable prices.

I wanted to like this so badly. I received it as a gift and I adore both the packaging and Benefit in general, so I was expecting that I’d love this stuff as well. Sadly that is not the case. I don’t mind the feel of it at all, it’s very lightweight, but it simply does not do its job. My makeup doesn’t stay on and will end up sliding off the sides of my face by the end of the day if I wear this. My Baby Skin primer from Maybelline is a fraction of the price and does a much better job at keeping my makeup in place. Sadly, I cannot recommend this product - especially not for the price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I live in the Caribbean where it's very hot and humid. I used to use the MAC Prep and Prime but this works better for me. It feels cool and fresh and keeps my face less shiny for longer (as in eight hours later my face is still pretty intact without any touch-ups or blotting). Would def repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm super oily and this clogged my pores. I tried with high end and drugstore foundation and didn't work. The oil appeared in less than an hour. I bought the bigger size and I feel is worthless. Maybe is just my skin, if you want to try by yourself, ask for a sample or buy the smaller size.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have big pores and oily skin, so this product should be my HG primer!
Nope. My skin transcends what's normally considered 'oily' and turns into 'did BP have another spill on your face?', and my pores look like a topographical map of Mars.
If you have big pores and oily skin, give this a miss.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this product did a decent job at keeping my t-zone matte. This primer added unwanted texture to my foundation and did not fill my pores in at all. It did keep the makeup from settling into my pores but that was about it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I may be one of the few to dislike this product. I have very oily skin and large pores, and it does nothing to either one. It keeps me matte for maybe an hour, but the oil always get through. The good thing is that it makes the foundation glide much smoother on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The primer goes on smooth and silky and leaves and incredibly soft feel that is lightweight and airy. It is great primer to set your regular makeup for every day use. The price is mid range to high for what you get. If you have oily skin like me, it is a great spot primer for your T-zone.