Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

Avon Glimmersticks eye liner
Avon	Glimmersticks eye liner in Saturn greyAvon	Glimmersticks eye liner in Saturn greyGlimmersticks eye linerGlimmersticks eye liner

3.9

Ugh! I used to love this too, until I switched to Revlon Color Stay. This does NOT stay on long enough on my waterline, and I can barely tell the difference from when I wear black and when I wear the brown. This is fun to use, cheap, but the colors are not dramatic enough, and it fades SO FAST, even when I set it with powder [also, whenever I set with powder, the powder ends up in my contacts so I end up really frusturated because then I have terrible liner and crap all over my contacts >_>

I will NOT repurchase, but maybe it'll work well for you? oily lids BEWARE

on 1/3/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this eyeliner soo much . I have been using this product for over a year now and this eye liner has not let me down . I user this eyeliner on my bottom waterline and it makes my eyes look lively , bright and bold . The best thing about this eyeliner is that you can use it on the eyelid as well as the bottom water line however it would not look as neat as a liquid or a felt tip eyeliner . The other thing i love about this eyeliner is that it is a glimmerstick and not a pencil eyeliner . you always have to keep sharpening the pencil eyeliner . These eyeliners work like lipsticks , just rotate a little and the solid eyeliner would come out . These eyeliners also last for a long time because there is a lot of product in this eyeliner . I have been using this eyeliner for nearly two years and this has still not run out . The only thing that bothers me is that the black color in the waterline doe not last very long , it only lasts for an hour and then it fades away . For a darker color that would last for more hours you have to apply the eyeliner further down the water line which i don not like because it may permanently darken your eyes . Overall i love this product because of its soft black creamy color . It does not hurt you eyes when applying and is suitable to wear everyday . i would buy this product again .

on 7/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got this the other day not thinking much of them. Good eyeliner, goes on smooth i apply it on my waterline. Tho its the color doesnt last long, I have to reapply it once or twice to retouch up.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

really good eyeliner I get it in emerald it brings out my eyes.

on 4/6/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my go-to eyeliner. It's easy to use and works perfectly. Plus, you can often buy it for less than $3 each during sales. They have a lot of different colors to choose from, though the only one I use is black because I'm just not that adventurous. Since the Spring 2016 trend is multi-colored eyeliner I might have to break the rules a bit. I use the waterproof version and it doesn't budge throughout the day. It doesn't give the precision you would get from a liquid eyeliner, but that's not what I'm looking for. I really have no complaints about this product. It's simple and works! Surprisingly that combination is RARE in the beauty world.

on 8/20/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've gone through several of these over the years (in non-sparkly brown, black, charcoal, copper, & currently going through nocturnal, a dark plum) & they last at least 8 hours for me. I always use a eyeshadow primer which may explain why it lasts so long for me (I like Urban Decay in Greed, but you can use any long-lasting concealer instead of a specialized eye shadow primer--I like that I don't have to put on a highlighter under my brows b/c I always seem to goof it up).

They're a great deal when there's a "two for" special, and on those rare occasions I have the chance to order Avon I'll snatch up a couple. They work as good for me as Revlon Colorstay, L'Oreal, and Covergirl (Maybelline often doesn't agree with me with their products wearing off quickly). Worth a try if there's a special on them for sure.

on 8/15/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This just had no ability to stay on. It faded really fast and is a waste of time for me. I see that many people love it so I was excited to try it but it will be going in the trash.

These eyeliners are not as smooth as high end ones, but they are decent. I got several when they were 4/$10. I think they are a good buy for every day use, but I got fancier ones for nicer occasions. These do last me 16+, don't fade, but sometimes run to my eye socket if I forget to put powder on my lids first. It's worth it to me since that doesn't happen often.

on 2/14/2015 1:47:00 PM

OMG ! IT'S MY FAVORITE EYELINER LAST 4 YEAR ) I have black all the time in my bag and other color buy time to time. color stay in eyes about 12 hour ! it's the best eyeliner for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

SADLY, I cannot use the bulk of Avon products. I do not know what it is, but almost everything I've ever used from them irritate or bother me. This one is no exception.

This made my eyes water, and not many eye products cause that.
In fact, it has been years-and-years since I had an eye product bother me, and I use and try a wide variety...I do not wear contacts, so that was not an issue. But this made my eyes water something bad...So that was a deal breaker.

I wish I could use Avon products, they have some great-looking ones. But I am not sure what they do or use in their products, but often their scent or the product itself wreck havoc on me and for me.

I can't say I would not recommend these, but I certainly will not re-purchase. I only bought this to help out a friend. But never again!! Ended up tossing this. Yes, I should know better by now..;)