3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

It's not blush, it's not contour... It's BLU-NTOUR! Hahahaha I kill myself! Anyways, to repeat what many a previous reviewer has said, I TOO purchased Blunt in my search for a contour for my roundish nc40 face. Yes it's warm, you can easily tell it has a reddish undertone. I quickly shelved blunt for that very reason as I too was searching for something cooler to contour with. A couple years go by (out of sight out of mind is right!) and contouring is no longer my jam. It makes me look dirty, it affects the way my blush and highlight look and adding another layer makes even the lightest look, look heavy. Enter the term many of us know: BRON-TOUR, which is using bronzer as a contour. If one could use bronzer, then one can use blush, yes? YES! Blunt's warmness and rich brown tones lend just the right shade, color and warmth. The depth can really be made to look spectacular with a gold highlight above or below an application of blunt (that's my golden goddess look BTW, with MAC woodwinked on my eyes). In all my collection, I have nothing like it, not even an eye shadow equivalent. I would absolutely repurchase!

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Like many, I purchased Blunt because I thought it would serve as a great product for contouring on my CCC skin. I used this to contour over a handful of times but was never quite satisfied with the way it looked on. Blunt made my face look somewhat muddy and dirty no matter how well I tried to blend it. It also looked a bit unnatural due to the red undertones (I had no idea this product had red undertones until I put it on my face). Lastly, Blunt seemed to fade on me after about 6-8 hours of wear. It has been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched for about 6 months, so I decided to try using it as an eyeshadow. I'm happy to say that I love this as an eyeshadow! I used in my crease and it looks lovely. While I would not recommend using this as a blush or a contouring powder, I will still give this a good rating because the pigmentation is wonderful. I am glad that I was able to find another use for it!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

The best blush to contour for medium skin tone! It's the perfect brown, doesn't look too harsh and this product would last you for years!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown

its great

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

6 years ago

I'm "NC 45" in MAC. I put this in quotes because everytime I try a foundation that looks like a color match there it has too much red in it for my yellow undertones. When it oxidizes I look like a ommpa loompa. It urks me how Mac uses this (nc45) as a catch all color for medium toned women because the undertone does not take into account the variations in this shade range....ok rant over and onto the review..lol I have tried this blush for contouring and finds it turns brownish red as soon as it hits my face. I looks brown in the pan but I pick up red on the skin. Rather than throwing it out im gonna play around with it as an eyeshadow contour.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

6 years ago

I pretty much use this like everyone else, as one of my conture colored. Hmm..does anyone use it as a blush? As it is a nice matter as a pretty nature warmth to the skin once blended. I think it would also make a nice crease color as well on deeper skin tones. I'm NC 45-50.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Very good bronzer for contouring. I'm not too much into the contoured look but on the times when I did experiment with this product the look was beautiful. Use a light hand with this product due to high pigmentation and dark coloring.

About reviewer (289 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

This is my HG contour blush. It is too dark in my opinion to use as just a blush but great as a contour bronzer. It is a matte, dark brown but I use it lightly & it does wonders on my fair skin. I use it all the time. I contour my cheeks & nose, then of course use a lighter blush & a highlight or sometimes I skip the blush & just use a highlight with it. The color can be intimidating at first but a little goes a long way & if you know how to use it, it can really slim down those cheeks!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

3.0

6 years ago

On a look out for a good contour color for my skin ( nc25 nc30) This made me look dirty AND......it would wash off in random spots. Say for instance I contour my cheek bones, within 2 hours the contour close to my ear would fade , ODD! Harmony is a better color but does the same wash away effect as blunt, wamp wamp. If you're looking to purchase this get " Give me sun" also by MAC instead ,better contour color and doesn't wash off.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

Disappointed! Maybe it's the lighting in Nordstrom's that convinced me to buy this. I went to the MAC counter for advice on contouring and product recommendations. I specifically told the sales woman I have a difficult time with colors for contouring as I feel they are too dark and make me look muddy. THIS BLUSH MATCHES THAT DESCRIPTION. Hopefully Nordstrom's takes it back...

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive