NYX Born to Glow Illuminating Primer

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

For the record this review is for the PRIMER in the narrow white tube not the liquid illuminator which is -mistakenly- pictured here.

The primer is really excellent. It took me a while to get the hang of it but once I did it garnered a beautiful result. It's a pearl-toned silicone-y cream product with very very fine shimmer. I figured I didn't need a lot of product since it's quite slippery and can feel a tad heavy if you don't use a light hand. My favorite way to apply is by starting with a light layer to prime and then mixing a drop of this with my foundation/bb cream. It gives that fresh, juicy skin kind of glow that is subtle and can be worn day and night. Definitely not glittery or harsh and thankfully doesn't accentuate any texture. I don't think it offers much in the way of foundation longevity, but for me illuminating primers never do anyway so I didn't have that expectation. Tube will probably last a long time, so overall good value for your money.

To sum it up, if you're into a super glowy, metallic type of sheen this one isn't for you but if you're looking for a healthy, youthful low-key radiance for all occasions it's a winner.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really do love this primer- I put it on either on top of a hydrating primer or directly on skin if i've run out. Gives a really nice 'glow' to your skin and it makes foundation look fabulous. It's absolutely great to find something SO kind to my dry skin too- It really don't add any texture at all from what I can see. The glow isn't obnoxious, glittery or comparable to a highlighter though, it's a very subtle 'radiant' sort of look.
I don't suffer from acne so I can't comment in that regard, but I do have quite sensitive skin and I had no problem using it even on bare, slightly irriated skin which is a huge plus. The smell is very... generic cosmetic smell, I suppose I could say? It doesn't smell perfumed.

All in all it's fantastic for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really loved this product until I realized that this was breaking my skin out :(
My skin looked very luminous and glowy throughout the day. It didn't quite extend the longevity of my makeup, but it definitely gave me a healthy glow. If it weren't for the fact that it irritated my skin, I would totally recommend and purchase this primer again.

As the name would suggest, this is a primer that makes your skin glow. It comes out as a white, runny liquid that blends to give your skin a beautiful glow. I like mixing this with my foundation; I have really dry/dehydrated skin, with dry patches on my cheeks and my forehead, and this allows me to wear other foundations that I normally cannot because of my dry skin. It doesn't make my face look oily either. I have also tried this alone (i.e. putting it on before my foundation) and I find that I like it better mixed with my foundation. It comes in a little squeeze tube; I would be careful as this primer is actually pretty runny. But overall, I would really recommend this if you're looking to try one of these illuminating primers; it was $14 at Ulta, which, in my opinion, is steeper than other drugstore options, but I think it is worth the money.