NYX Professional Makeup Born to Glow Illuminating Primer

4.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-Isobutyl PEG/PPG-10/7/Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had forgotten about this product for a while. After looking for a glowing foundation that doesn't break the bank, I found this again. I have been using it under foundation, with good, glowy results. Today, by accident, I forgot to put my foundation on after this! I put on my concealer, bronzer and blush and my face looked really GREAT! I'm 57 with pretty good skin, no breakouts. I imagine this will be great in the summer!!

I love the way this feels on my skin. This definitely gives my skin a glowy look. I can use foundations that I normally can't use because they're too drying, if this is under it. I'd give it 5 stars if it could also handle my pores. I find myself using a primer for pores and this. Which ya know... more products used, more money used. THAT BEING SAID I still love this stuff. It's hydrating and helps create a really nice base for my foundation! Will definitely repurchase :) Keep in mind, as others have said, this doesn't create an insane glow. It's just a nice dewy glow. If you want a glow to the Gods kind of glow you're gonna have to probably get some liquid highlighter. This is perfect for everyday use though.

For the record this review is for the PRIMER in the narrow white tube not the liquid illuminator which is -mistakenly- pictured here.

The primer is really excellent. It took me a while to get the hang of it but once I did it garnered a beautiful result. It's a pearl-toned silicone-y cream product with very very fine shimmer. I figured I didn't need a lot of product since it's quite slippery and can feel a tad heavy if you don't use a light hand. My favorite way to apply is by starting with a light layer to prime and then mixing a drop of this with my foundation/bb cream. It gives that fresh, juicy skin kind of glow that is subtle and can be worn day and night. Definitely not glittery or harsh and thankfully doesn't accentuate any texture. I don't think it offers much in the way of foundation longevity, but for me illuminating primers never do anyway so I didn't have that expectation. Tube will probably last a long time, so overall good value for your money.

To sum it up, if you're into a super glowy, metallic type of sheen this one isn't for you but if you're looking for a healthy, youthful low-key radiance for all occasions it's a winner.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really do love this primer- I put it on either on top of a hydrating primer or directly on skin if i've run out. Gives a really nice 'glow' to your skin and it makes foundation look fabulous. It's absolutely great to find something SO kind to my dry skin too- It really don't add any texture at all from what I can see. The glow isn't obnoxious, glittery or comparable to a highlighter though, it's a very subtle 'radiant' sort of look.
I don't suffer from acne so I can't comment in that regard, but I do have quite sensitive skin and I had no problem using it even on bare, slightly irriated skin which is a huge plus. The smell is very... generic cosmetic smell, I suppose I could say? It doesn't smell perfumed.

All in all it's fantastic for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really loved this product until I realized that this was breaking my skin out :(
My skin looked very luminous and glowy throughout the day. It didn't quite extend the longevity of my makeup, but it definitely gave me a healthy glow. If it weren't for the fact that it irritated my skin, I would totally recommend and purchase this primer again.

As the name would suggest, this is a primer that makes your skin glow. It comes out as a white, runny liquid that blends to give your skin a beautiful glow. I like mixing this with my foundation; I have really dry/dehydrated skin, with dry patches on my cheeks and my forehead, and this allows me to wear other foundations that I normally cannot because of my dry skin. It doesn't make my face look oily either. I have also tried this alone (i.e. putting it on before my foundation) and I find that I like it better mixed with my foundation. It comes in a little squeeze tube; I would be careful as this primer is actually pretty runny. But overall, I would really recommend this if you're looking to try one of these illuminating primers; it was $14 at Ulta, which, in my opinion, is steeper than other drugstore options, but I think it is worth the money.