4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

It really makes the skin shine ... I do not think it suits oily skin, as it does not reduce grease at all. However, its great for dry or normal skin. For oily skin I would recommend: (NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Primer).????

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

I had forgotten about this product for a while. After looking for a glowing foundation that doesn't break the bank, I found this again. I have been using it under foundation, with good, glowy results. Today, by accident, I forgot to put my foundation on after this! I put on my concealer, bronzer and blush and my face looked really GREAT! I'm 57 with pretty good skin, no breakouts. I imagine this will be great in the summer!!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I love the way this feels on my skin. This definitely gives my skin a glowy look. I can use foundations that I normally can't use because they're too drying, if this is under it. I'd give it 5 stars if it could also handle my pores. I find myself using a primer for pores and this. Which ya know... more products used, more money used. THAT BEING SAID I still love this stuff. It's hydrating and helps create a really nice base for my foundation! Will definitely repurchase :) Keep in mind, as others have said, this doesn't create an insane glow. It's just a nice dewy glow. If you want a glow to the Gods kind of glow you're gonna have to probably get some liquid highlighter. This is perfect for everyday use though.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

For the record this review is for the PRIMER in the narrow white tube not the liquid illuminator which is -mistakenly- pictured here. The primer is really excellent. It took me a while to get the hang of it but once I did it garnered a beautiful result. It's a pearl-toned silicone-y cream product with very very fine shimmer. I figured I didn't need a lot of product since it's quite slippery and can feel a tad heavy if you don't use a light hand. My favorite way to apply is by starting with a light layer to prime and then mixing a drop of this with my foundation/bb cream. It gives that fresh, juicy skin kind of glow that is subtle and can be worn day and night. Definitely not glittery or harsh and thankfully doesn't accentuate any texture. I don't think it offers much in the way of foundation longevity, but for me illuminating primers never do anyway so I didn't have that expectation. Tube will probably last a long time, so overall good value for your money. To sum it up, if you're into a super glowy, metallic type of sheen this one isn't for you but if you're looking for a healthy, youthful low-key radiance for all occasions it's a winner.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I really do love this primer- I put it on either on top of a hydrating primer or directly on skin if i've run out. Gives a really nice 'glow' to your skin and it makes foundation look fabulous. It's absolutely great to find something SO kind to my dry skin too- It really don't add any texture at all from what I can see. The glow isn't obnoxious, glittery or comparable to a highlighter though, it's a very subtle 'radiant' sort of look. I don't suffer from acne so I can't comment in that regard, but I do have quite sensitive skin and I had no problem using it even on bare, slightly irriated skin which is a huge plus. The smell is very... generic cosmetic smell, I suppose I could say? It doesn't smell perfumed. All in all it's fantastic for the price.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

I really loved this product until I realized that this was breaking my skin out :( My skin looked very luminous and glowy throughout the day. It didn't quite extend the longevity of my makeup, but it definitely gave me a healthy glow. If it weren't for the fact that it irritated my skin, I would totally recommend and purchase this primer again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

As the name would suggest, this is a primer that makes your skin glow. It comes out as a white, runny liquid that blends to give your skin a beautiful glow. I like mixing this with my foundation; I have really dry/dehydrated skin, with dry patches on my cheeks and my forehead, and this allows me to wear other foundations that I normally cannot because of my dry skin. It doesn't make my face look oily either. I have also tried this alone (i.e. putting it on before my foundation) and I find that I like it better mixed with my foundation. It comes in a little squeeze tube; I would be careful as this primer is actually pretty runny. But overall, I would really recommend this if you're looking to try one of these illuminating primers; it was $14 at Ulta, which, in my opinion, is steeper than other drugstore options, but I think it is worth the money.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair