Palmer's Coconut Oil Body Lotion

Palmer's Coconut Oil Body Lotion
Coconut Oil Body Lotion

3.0

Palmers cocobutter lotion is my favorite, and one of the only lotions I use. So I was very surprised how awful this one was. It is so thin and watered down that it does nothing for moisturizing. It smells like cheap lotion. It says all natural coconut oil but obviously there other additives and so much water added, I use pure coconut oil and the texture feels nothing like this lotion, it's just basic watered down thin lotion. Does nothing for dry skin, I think there might even be alcohol in it because it's drying out my skin worse then when I didn't use it.

on 11/15/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best coconut oil in Pakistan.Great range of products for reasonable prices.

on 10/11/2016 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really freaking like this lotion. It is super cheap and very effective. It is very creamy, while still managing to be light and not too heavy or greasy. It absorbs into the skin easily, not leaving you feeling greasy or sticky. It provides a lot of hydration, even on my dry skin. It smells delicious, sweet like coconuts. It doesn't smell chemically or artificial, it has a quite natural smell - just like pure coconut oil itself. It is not quite as sweet as the Body Shop coconut scent, it's a bit more natural. The scent lasts all day on the skin but is not overpowering. It did not irritate my sensitive skin and made my dry legs feel soft and lovely. I don't understand the low rating to be honest - it's a brilliant drugstore product. Cheap enough for everyone to give it a go.

on 3/23/2016 2:50:00 AM

I had psoriasis and few infections last year. My skin is very dry and sensitive but ok with parfume. This is great lotion if you're after quick absorb, not too greasy lotion. I chose this because it has less glycerin than other products (too much glycerin dries my skin). It is soothing, not irritating and easy to use. I take shower at night and I do not have to worry about staining my blankets with this product. It has chocolate smell but I am ok with that. My bf likes the smell too :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Ahhhhh! I bought this only because I was under the impression that it would smell just like the coconut oil body wash and honestly the initial sniff from the bottle it did so I grabbed it up. Got it home and applied and there it was. The horrible chemical chocolate scent that I absolutely abhor (bc hate is not a strong enough word) from Palmer's is hiding under the initial coconut note. And then it dries to this gross powdery floral chocolate coconut smell. Palmer's ruins 95% of their products with that disgusting scent.

Shame too because the lotion is nice. It's thick without being greasy or sticky and absorbs easily and fast. Skin feels soft and moisturized without any residue.

I just can't get past the smell... maybe I'll just use it on my feet or something.

on 2/14/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love Palmers. I have used their Cocoa Butter lotion for years and appreciate it and their other Butter products very much. Which is why I was so surprised that my skin didn't take to the new Coconut Oil Lotion - I used it twice and in both cases my skin was oddly flakey/lizard-y at the end of the day and dry. Went right back to the Cocoa Butter.

Popular Lotions / Creams