Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule

Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule

3.9

Honey Extract, Glycerin, Water, Niacinamide, Royal Jelly Extract, Propolis Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Caramel, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/6/2018 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet; I love it and have been using it for over a year! So anyway, when I started using this I was in the midst of trying to heal a trashed moisture barrier. I don't really remember the details, but generally speaking I tend to get over enthusiastic with hydroxy acids, and my dry, tret thinned skin does not react well; pain, tears, regret, contrition, you get the idea. So anyway, I was somewhere around 'regret' when this arrived from Amazon, and I kinda just went, 'well, it can't get worse', and slathered this on my face. Which instantly felt better. It immediately soothed the irritation, and added a much needed layer of moisture to my otherwise parched skin. My moisture barrier bounced back in record time. And while I of course didn't learn my lesson about over exfoliation, I *did* learn that my skin freakin' LOVES humectants, and hey guess what this AIO is packed with them. How much is in there? Well that's a bit of a guessing game since the box proclaims the product is 90% honey extract (a humectant), and the second ingredient is glycerin (also a humectant), so I'd say somewhere between 90-95%. But this is my only complaint about this otherwise amazing product: there really can't be more than a trace amount of all the fancy extracts included in the ingredients. But that said the first 5 ingredients (the ingredients that are the bulk of most products) are solid: honey extract, glycerin, water, royal jelly extract, and propolis extract. And when you layer this under a sheet mask? Get ready for some seriously hydrated, bouncy skin. I keep meaning to try Scinic's other AIO's, but honestly I've had this since February 2017, and even though I use it most days I am only about 85% through the jar. As someone who has skincare commitment issues it should bother me, but it's such a good, versatile, economical product I just can't be mad at it.

on 8/4/2018 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product did nothing for my skin and worse, it aggravated my seborrheic dermatitis. It didn’t moisturize my dry skin, either. I already have have a specific antioxidant product I use, so once I figured out it was triggering my SD, I chunked it in the trash.

on 8/3/2018 5:46:00 AM

The first time I put this on, I went "wow!" It felt so amazingly cool and calming on my skin. For me, that is its main benefit. It also seems like it might help with hydration and skin tone. I only wear this at night though, it did not play nicely under makeup for me, as it feels just like putting honey on your face! Very sticky. The packaging is terrible, I hope they put it in a pump bottle in the future. You get a very generously sized jar for the price, it will probably last me all year.

Love this stuff! It will continue to be a part of my routine for many years to come, assuming it doesn’t get discontinued. Costco is also carrying two tubs of it online if anyone is interested going that route. I do believe it’s sold out at this time however, but they’ll be getting more soon.

I have had a jar of this for at least a year and I am just getting to the bottom of it. Which makes the cost of this worth it.

I love this as one of my layers for my dehydrated skin. It works well and helps provide a hydrating layer.

Excluding Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil which I've been using for more than a decade, this product represented me dipping my toe into trying Asian Beauty most recently. I had no idea what I was doing but reviews on this AIO were all positive so I took the plunge. Aside from its affordability, I appreciated its economy (such a huge jar!) and the delicious honey scent. It kind of feels like applying aloe vera gel and moisturized about as well (which for me, was not at all although it felt very nice). In terms of efficacy, it seemed to help calm my skin down when it was irritated (i.e., breakout prone), so that was beneficial, but in the 6+ months I've been using this, I haven't been able to discern any other benefits. Also, upon dry down it didn't play nicely with my sunscreens (it would pill on my face) so I could only use it at night.

Aside from its calming properties, I found it nearly useless--I got no brightening or other effects from this. So I would repurchase, to help calm breakouts and irritation, but if I found something better, I'd jump ship.

on 4/30/2017 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a tremendous value - I've been using this twice daily for seven months and am a little more than halfway through the jar. I decant into an airless pump, which works much better than the original packaging. Pros: wonderful ingredient list, my complexion is brighter and more refined since I began using this, and it has a great scent. Cons: If I rub my face, it tends to roll up. Also, it has Zero moisturizing properties. All in all, I probably will repurchase. EDIT - just got to the bottom of the jar, after using daily for 17 months. I probably won't repurchase - am thinking about picking up the vitamin C serum from Instanatural instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this day and night for about 3 weeks already.

For the AM, just a very tiny amount after cleansing, Missha FTE and Hada Labo. I let it dry for a while then apply my AM moisturizer, sunscreen and BB Cream.

For the PM, I use this 2 ways:
1. I apply a slightly thicker layer after Missha FTE, then put on a DIY lotion mask with Hada Labo. I wait for 10 minutes then proceed with my skin care routine.
2. I mix this and Hada Labo, then use as a lotion mask.

I find that it sinks better when I use Hada Labo with it.

I have combination skin and this has really lessened the oil on my T-zone. At work, I always check my face in the mirror because I would find some "shine". But when I touch my face, there is no oil, so it means what I am seeing is a glow. :D I have never had this kind of glow before, and it takes some getting used to but I really like it.

This is not moisturizing enough for me, so I always use some moisturizer after. I also mix this with my body lotion because there is so much in the 250ml jar. What a great value! My legs stay moisturized longer ever since I started mixing this with regular body lotion.

Will I repurchase? Maybe, but I want to see first whether the Scinic Snail AIO is better.

on 6/26/2016 5:42:00 PM

I've been using this since the end of the previous winter in my K-beauty routine. The first thing to say is that this is an excellent value. I bought a huge jar (250 mL) from Jolse for around $16 (including shipping and lots of samples). At the rate I'm using it, it should last me well into next year.

The jar looks like a jar of actual honey, which is really cute, but inconvenient to use. I ended up buying an empty, airless pump bottle from Amazon to decant this into. If you're not sure about getting this, I'd suggest buying a bottle with a couple of others along with pump bottles. One jar should be enough for at least 3 people.

The product itself is a slightly sticky, honey-colored gel that has a delightful, light honey scent. I've found that it absorbs pretty well after my toner and essence, but it does leave my skin feeling slightly tacky afterward. The tackiness goes away if I apply a normal moisturizing cream on top.

This ampoule is packed with wonderful hydrating, healing, and brightening ingredients like honey extract, royal jelly extract, propolis extract, Niacinamide, licorice, chamomile, lactobacillus extract, aloe, and willowbark. I don't know about you, but my skin LOVES honey, which has moisturizing, healing and anti-microbial properties so it is perfect for anyone who suffers from acne or irritation as well as dry skin.

THIS is the product that gives me that coveted "chok chok" (hydrated) glow that K-beauty is famous for. It will give your skin a noticeable, non-greasy sheen and plumpness that other people WILL notice and compliment.

I'm a huge fan of this product and will definitely repurchase it when I run out.

on 5/27/2016 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful product for my skin type. I have dry skin that is often dehydrated. I also use retin-A for anti-aging. With this combo, my skin can look like a dry mess. However, the Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule, along with a few additional products, has really made a difference. I will repurchase.

- Application: I use this morning and evening. My current routine, in general, is: (1) wash with a cleansing balm, (2) Missha the first treatment essence, (3) Scinic Honey Ampoule, (4) another thicker moisturizer. I also use this on my neck, chest, hands, and anywhere that is overly dry.

- Results: This helps add needed moisture. It has not caused clogged pores or breakouts. It does not sting or cause added redness. I've also seen this advertised as a whitening/brightening and anti-wrinkle product. I have not seen any brightening or any other impacts.

- Scent: It does smell like honey, with a bit of freshness added. The scent doesn't stick around; I don't smell it after application.

- Texture: It is a liquid, but a bit thicker like a serum. Upon application, it is slightly sticky or tacky, but I layer another product over this, so it doesn't bother me.

- Packaging: It comes in an 250mL amber plastic jar with a plastic spatula. I use the small spatula to scoop out a bit of product.

- Price: The price varies depending on where you purchase. I paid approx. $18.00 USD. The value is great in that you receive alot of product and uses (you only need a small amount per use). In the US, I've found it on Amazon, eBay, and sites like Jolse.

- Ingredients: Honey Extract, Glycerin, Water, Niacinamide, Royal Jelly Extract, Propolis Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer(1), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine(2)(4), Caramel, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol