CLARINS UV PLUS UV+ SPF50

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CLARINS UV PLUS UV+ SPF50

2.0

Ingredients list:US-version:Homosalate 4 Octocrylene 4 Oxybenzone 1.5 Titanium Dioxide 10.9Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Nylon-12, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG/PPG-18/18dimethicone, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Sanicula Europaea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Bud Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. [S2705A]Ingredients list:EU-version:Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Nano), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbuthylphenol (Nano), Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sanicula Europaea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, BHT, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Bud Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was talked into buying this by a few Sephora workers. Needless to say I will be returning.
I have combination/acne-prone skin, and I was told that this was a good sunscreen as it did not contain any "oil" that could clog my pores. However, this sunscreen being a chemical/physical combination, irritated my skin and caused me to get little red dots all over my cheek, nose, and chin. I am guessing that this is due to the chemical ingredients, as when I was wearing this my face felt "hot" compared to how it normally feels, and the acne spots did not look like they were my typical "clogged pores" but rather irritation to the skin itself.
This was also very greasy, however it is summer so it may not be so greasy in the winter when the humidity decreases.
Overall, I did not like how this felt on my skin at all. Every day that I wore it I disliked it more and more. However, as with any product, this may just work for your skin type. I suggest finding a few samples to try before making a purchase.

on 4/21/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really gives a nice finish. But contains too much silicones for my sensitive acne skin. Usually breaks me out badly. Unfortunately.

on 3/1/2016 10:14:00 PM

What a waste of money!! This is an expensive oil free sunscreen that makes my face so greasy and dull in 1.5 hours after application.
Soon after this runs out, I'll be back to Shiseido sunblock. It's way better than Clarins UV Plus with a better price.