Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Tease eyeshadow palette

Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Tease eyeshadow palette
Tartelette Tease eyeshadow paletteTartelette Tease eyeshadow paletteTartelette Tease eyeshadow palette

4.6

on 9/18/2018 11:48:00 PM

I have the Tartelette Tease eyeshadow palette with the following colors -

1st row: Light pink - Taupe shimmer - Brown
2nd row: Mauve - Mauve shimmer - Plum

Since I have blue-ish/grey eyes & blonde hair, these two sets of colors work perfectly for my color, complexion and overall look. Plus...these shadows have great pigmentation and stay on pretty well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A compact palette with 4 matte and 2 shimmer shades, I find it appealing from a minimalist point of view. The palette itself consists of pans set into a plastic base, glued to paper-wrapped cardboard with a mirror and held shut by magnets. The magnets are quite strong and should prevent the palette from coming open in a bag or purse, and as the pattern is not printed or screened onto the outside, it seems it could hold up from a little wear and tear as well. And the usual Tarte amazonian clay yummy vanilla scent and eyeshadow formula.
At first I felt a little stumped trying to figure out how to use this palette as there is no transition shade; the light pink of wink is barely noticeable on my lids and the middle two shimmer shades are obviously lid shades. So I started with wink all over, went in with the dark brown heartbreaker in the outer corner and crease, and used crush on my lids. The shimmer didn’t show as much as I liked when applied with a brush, but a quick tap with my finger in the pan & on my lids fixed this. I felt the dark brown was too dark in the crease so I blended most of it out and used it to line with. As the day went on the colors mellowed and looked better, something I find that happens with Tarte clay shadows - and I like that this happens because it helps me figure out what to do with the colors in the future.
My plans for this palette is to have two different looks, one with the taupe shimmer and brown shades, another with the mauve and plum, eventually trying to bring in all of the colors in hopes they work together and don’t get muddy. I can see this being a good travel companion as the shimmer shades are quite lovely on their own, ddefinitely office appropriate, and an eye look could be revamped into an evening look by adding a little of the brown or plum in the outer v, packing on the shimmer, and smudging some more of the brown or plum across the upper and lower lash lines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sadly, this one's not for me. The lighter shades are way too pale and blend away to nothing, whilst the mid and darker shades are just a bit blah. I never found myself reaching for this when applying my makeup and the few times I did use it, I came away disappointed with the overall results.

There's nothing here that can't be found in other palettes - high end and drugstore - and for the price, I just don't think it's worth it. The packaging isn't the best either - it's made out of a very cheap feeling cardboard, with a tiny mirror in the lid that isn't quite big enough. Not one of Tarte's best and not one I'd recommend.

I love this product! I have fair skin and the colours show up very well. When applying I tap the brush to allow for extra product to fall off and I have had no issues with the product falling onto my under eye. The product blends in very well and mixes well with other colours. The colours aren't too dark and the packaging is simple but efficient. I also enjoy that it didn't come with sponge applicators, I absolutely hate that for no reason at all lol. Over all this pallet is my favourite, I am so pleased with this purchase and a fair price for what you are getting!

on 10/13/2017 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ended up getting this for $11 from Tarte's website because of a Canadian pricing error + sale. Such a great deal! The colours are solid, everyday basics. You get four mattes and two shimmers. Three shades are warm, and three are cool. The packaging feels very well made, and the mirror is very convenient.

If you only owned one palette, this would be the one to own! I will reconsider purchasing another Tartlette palette in the future, even at full price. They wear beautifully and will easily last 12 hours.

on 10/9/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this totally on impulse, grabbing it at Sephora on my way to checkout. The display got me, what can I say. I have never used Tarte products before, but this palette had all the things I love: compact, neutral tones, and a mirror included. The price wasn't horrible, either, for Tarte.

I have skin that is somewhere in the NW25-30 range, with brown eyes and brown hair. I freaking LOVE this palette. I reach for it all the time. Not only are the colors great, but the formula is EXCELLENT. I apply this with primer before work, seal it with finishing spray when I'm done with my makeup (homemade glycerine/water/witch hazel spray), and my eye makeup looks exactly the same as it did at the beginning of my shift, regardless of how sweaty (I'm a nurse) I got or how much I ran around. It holds up to 12 hours of abuse, AND the texture of the shadows is so velvety and soft. My brushes pick up the shadows so easily, and they blend like a dream.

When I travel out of town and have to pare down my makeup stash to "bare essentials only," this palette goes in my bag. Love, love, love everything about it. Fantastic palette.

on 9/22/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an awesome travel palette. I love that it's versatile on various skin tones and can go from simple to foxy in a matter of seconds. Blends well and does not get muddy when you layer the shadows over each other. It smells amazing and is travel friendly. It performed better than expected.

on 9/22/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the Tarte product I like. But I really dont use eye shadows often so I probably will have this palette for a really long time. I have to say , it is the best shadow i have used so far .I only use light colour shadows. Any dark shadows end up in my brows as I dont like to waste

. I really wanted to like their products as they had an image brand that they use more natural products so I waited until my 34th birthday to splurge and it was another big dissapointment.
These are my reviews
I got the blush as birthday gift from Sephora called "partaay" very pigmented little goes long way, smooth and not powdery. I don't like the colour so I will probably end up mixing it up with other pigments to being down the colours. Not worth the money. Would not purchase

2: highlighter : I don't like it, too shiny , particles not milled finely enough.

3: I got the Tartelette eye liner in black. Irritates my eyes. Does last long .

4: I got a trio eyeliner that comes is a pallete that it's discontinued . It wipes off with a stroke of a finger. I spent $33 For this. I cried because the return was not free.

5.Tarte eyeliner pot. I returned it. Not pigmented enough.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This palette is really amazing, the shades are blendable, creamy and pigmented. I especially love BFF and First Kiss. The only thing missing from this palette is a real crease colour or transition colour. Wink is way too light to be a good crease shade and the heartbreaker and bff are great outer corner shades but too deep for all over the crease.

This is a great little palette! I've always loved Tarte's shadow formula. I haven't bought any of their latest palettes though. I strongly considered the Tarteist pro but just didn't want to put out the money, to be honest. I swatched all the colors from it, and some of them just were not true to color. So, I compromised and got this little 6 pan palette for $23 and I'm super pleased. The shadows blend beautifully, they're soft, and these colors are true to what you see in the pan. They last and I have not experienced any creasing. I also love that I can take this with me in my small makeup bag if I choose.

If anyone is on the fence about Tarte, this is a great palette to try the brand and experience the brand.