MILANI Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Collection - All

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 3/30/2018 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium skintone with yellow/warm undertones). I have this in "Everyday Mattes."

The name implies that all the shadows in the palette would be all matte; however, some of the colors do have a bit of shimmer/sheen to them. The six shades on my skin tone show up as follows:

Shadow 1: Eggshell white with subtle shimmer. This one is chalky on me.
Shadow 2: A very light beige with subtle shimmer. This blends right into my skin. If I try to build it up, it also looks really chalky.
Shadow 3: A warm, orange-toned brown.
Shadow 4: A neutral, medium brown. My favorite shadow of the bunch. Good shade for eyebrows on dark brown hair or a subtle nose contour.
Shadow 5: A dark, matte brown. It looks super dark in the pan; however, when swatched, it is quite sheer.
Shadow 6: A matte black. This shadow is very patchy.

I bought this off a recommendation of Tati aka GlamLifeGuru on YouTube. She loves these shadows but to be quite honest, they are very mediocre.

None of them are that pigmented and they do not seem to last very long. Even with a primer, I only got around 6-7 hours of good wear time before they started to fade away. They are buildable to a degree but they're still not great.

On my medium skintone, the two lightest shades in the palette just disappear into my skin. The black and dark brown definitely leave a lot to be desired. They are not very pigmented and quite patchy. The only two really usable shades are the orange-brown (third shade) and the medium brown (fourth shade). For eleven dollars, two usable eye shadows isn't too bad of a deal ($5.50/shadow); however, the beauty of drugstore makeup is getting a good deal on quality makeup so I think that it's a bit of a waste to pay eleven dollars for six eye shadows and I can only get use out of two.

Milani missed the mark on these ones. There are better palettes at the drugstore that outperform this one by a long shot. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone nor would I repurchase.

on 3/18/2018 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've always had lousy luck with drugstore eyeshadow in the past, but have been on the lookout for dupes for some of the higher end shadows. This one seemed to have good reviews and when I saw it it on sale at CVS, I figured it would be worth trying out. Absolutely floored! This stuff is not chalky and has good pigment. I purchased the Basic Mattes (#07) and this is just a great kit to travel with if you need to do both day and night looks. Really liking that they give you a bit more of the transition shade. As for the dark brown and black shadows in this kit, I haven't tried them yet as cake eyeliner, but will be doing so at some point with a little bit of Inglot Duraline and a brush - if it proves to have good staying power as liner, then this is going to be coming with me on a lot more trips. Although this kit has mostly mattes, I feel like one shade has a very slight pearl sheen to it, but that's fine by me. Looking at some of these shades as well as a few others in different Milani Everyday Eyes kits, I see a lot of shades that are close dupes to more expensive counterparts like Urban Decay and Tarte palettes.

I'd definitely consider trying other palettes with different colors in the future. This was also my first experience buying something from Milani even though they have been around for a long time. Definitely interested to try some of their other products now.

on 3/1/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price $11.00 on the website but around $8.00 @ Target or Amazon. Walgreens and Walmart have them too but unless Walgreen's has a buy one get one 50% off, they are around 10.00+

I'm surprised to see some of the reviews on these that say they are so bad they returned them. Perhaps there was a quality issue at one time and they changed the formula. Yes there is some fallout if you dig your brush into them, just like there is with ABH and many others. I love these palettes. Sure there will be some colors that may not be as good as others but this is usually the case in every palette regardless of price. The mattes are creamy and blend well and most of the shimmers are excellent. I have Basic Mattes, Earthy Elements, Bare Necessities, Must Have Naturals, Plum Basics, Must Have Metallics. I have hit pan on some shades in almost all of them. I recently got Smoky Essentials and have done some really pretty blue toned looks with it. I do wish the 2nd color from the left in Smoky Essentials was more of a cool pale gray tone. It works but not wild about it and I usually go to my IT Naturally Pretty to substitute and ignore that color but it's my newest and still fiddling around with it. My least favorite is Plum Basics. The colors just don't work that well on me when combined and I have other plums and purple singles that work better.

The shimmers are very creamy and go on easily. A couple of them you do need to use a wet brush or your finger. There is very little fall out and they don't draw attention to my eyelid texture which is not the case with some shimmers. Pigment is superb, the colors are vibrant and blend well with no muddiness. These are high end quality at drugstore prices. In fact, better, MUCH better than some high end. Of course the packaging isn't anything spectacular but I do like the clear top so I can see what I want to grab and it does come with a brush if you want to carry one in your purse. I keep the Basic Mattes in my makeup bag in my purse all the time. I can use the brown to touch up brows, the black for liner and the other colors all work for a quick everyday eye look. The brush isn't all that bad but I don't use it except for the one I keep in my purse my purse.

I like that I can do several looks with each palette and I don't HAVE to go into another one if I don't want to except for the Must Have Metallics. I didn't buy that to be used alone, I bought it for the 4 shimmers in the center and they are gorgeous!

These stay on all day, but I find some of the shimmers do last longer if I use a setting spray or if applied with a brush dampened with a setting spray.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ohhhh myyyyyy GOODNESS! I got the 08 Metallic eyeshadow palette and when I tell you these are high end quality for just $10 I am not exaggerating. These are just as good as my Urban Decay eyeshadows if not even better in my opinion. A little goes a long way, they are SO pigmented it's unbelievable, and the tiny dual ended brush it comes with isn't half as bad if you're on a hurry or doing your makeup in an airplane. The packaging though, it is fragile and I wish it were more sturdy for traveling. The arrange of colors is just my cup of tea: champagne, gold, copper, cranberry metallics and a black matte. I don't know about the other palettes but if you find the 08 grab it if you can!

I purchased the palette 01 Must Have Naturals for about 9.99 in my local grocery store and am very happy about this palette. I chose this palette out of the other colors because it looks like the most versatile and user-friendly out of the bunch and I am glad to say that this has been my experience. On its website, Milani describes this palette as "Cool Neutrals." By the way, this line of eyeshadow palettes are $11.00 on Milani's website.

A number of reviewers have complained about the pigmentation and blendability of the eyeshadows but it appears that they are talking about the other eyeshadow palettes in this series and not Must Have Naturals.

This is versatile because it has neutral shades and are a good mix of matte, shimmer and frost textures. This is a good palette for everyday use and can be used during the day but can be "amped up" for night time use because of the black eyeshadow which can add more depth and smokiness to one's eyeshadow look. The black eyeshadow can also be used as an eyeliner. If you are packing light for a trip and need to pick just one eyeshadow palette, then this would be a good one to pick.

I find the shades to be pigmented and blendable. You get 6 eyeshadows in this palette. The colors are: a shimmery champagne (can also be used as a highlighter for the face), a pale beige matte, a medium silvery taupe frost, a dark taupey brown, a pale peachy-pink shimmer, and a black matte. My favorite color is the neutral to cool-toned dark taupey brown because it's a hard to find a drugstore taupey brown that is this pigmented and that doesn't contain plum undertones. I love taupe shades but the taupe shades that i have found in the drugstore have been not that pigmented and tend to be lighter in color or lean warm or plummy in terms of their undertones.

I would have given this palette a 5 in my ratings if the medium silvery taupe shade was a shimmer vs. a frost. I think the frosty textures makes it a bit more challenging to wear, especially for older eyelids because it can make your lids look more textured and crepey. However, I can imagine that some users do like that a frost is included in this palette.

The packaging is sleek and compact and I like that the cover is completely clear so that you can see all the eyeshadows. The palette comes with a double-ended eyeshadow brush that is surprisingly decent and usable.

This palette is a win for me and I have already purchased a back-up.

Bought two of these in 01 Must Have Naturals and 02 Bare Necessities. I love both of them and reach for them frequently. I use an eyeshadow primer and it definitely improves pigmentation and longevity but they're good even without a primer. To me these are absolutely great palettes from the drugstore to create low-maintenance "everyday" eye looks and for $10 I'm definitely not complaining. I love my high end glamour palettes like the ABH Modern Renaissance but truth be told the Milani palettes are the kinds of shades I gravitate towards on a daily basis.

on 3/5/2017 10:45:00 PM

I tried four of these palettes during a buy one get one half off sale. And I will be returning them all. I was very disappointed. They look cakey and are hard to blend out. They crease and there's a lot of fallout/kickback. The ones I tried were 02 Bare Necessities, 03 Smoky Essentials, 04 Plum Basics, and 05 Earthy Elements. They all looked so pretty in the pans. Not so much once applied. The colors looked horrible and some of the colors were so close to being the same although they looked like different shades in the pan. Out of the four I tried, I was surprised to find that my "favorite" was the Smoky Essentials since I never really like the classic blue/grey/black/silver look on me but wanted to give this one a try. But even thought it was the best out of the bunch, I didn't like it enough to keep that one either. They are all getting returned. Boo.

on 1/30/2017 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If I buy a eyeshadow palette with six colors, I'de like to be able to create a total look, Everyday eyes doesn't offer that by omitting a matte highlight and a dark matte crease/liner in each one. A plus is that Milani has a color scheme in each set and there are some nice single shadows, but the quality is more miss than hit. Another negative is longevity. I first tried them without primer and they faded after a few hours. A primer is necessary.

The three I purchased:

Earthy Elements - two decent mattes a warm beige and hard to find in the ds, burnt orange, two very nice warm frost brown shades but,( used together become one), two highlighter frost shades that aren't good.

Bare Necessities - A matte med/dark brown, light brown satin matte, decent gold and warm medium brown frosts, and again two frost highlight shades that were chunky glitter or lacked pigment.

Must have Naturals - Three nice mattes, brown, black, beige, a decent frosty taupe and again two frosty highlighters, one is a dud in light peach but, the other is a creamy champagne that can be used as a highlight on the face as well as the eyes.

on 11/27/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this yesterday on a buy one, get one half off. Will be returning.

I got the Vital Brights for me and the Plum one for my sister (cause I couldn't find anything else close to that price point to get the sale, sigh).

The vanilla color was just alright, but I must have 10+ dupes of it. The yellow is pretty, though much more shimmery and less yellow. The blue is nice, but the purple is AWFUL, patchy and dry. The coral-pinky color is pretty, but again I have multiple dupes. The #1 color I got this for, the green, is fine, but not enough to keep a $10 palette for.

Since I decided to take these back, I didn't swatch the plum one.

For the most part, these are not nearly as nice as the Bella singles, of which I have several and wish I'd discovered sooner (before they became so hard to find in stores). I particularly love and use Bella Ivory, it's just such a nice highlight color; it says satin but it's a bit more shimmery than many that use that term, but not truly shimmer or frost; and while it's not a stark white, the undertone is very neutral, neither pink nor yellow. I can see someone fair-skinned using it as a highlighter as well as eyeshadow.

on 11/1/2016 6:06:00 AM

I bought two of these, Earty elements and Vital brights, after hearing a lot of good things about them. It's cheap and the packaging is nice(props to Milani for giving us a proper brush with this instead of the typical sponge brush!) but I haaate the actual product! The matte shades feel very soft and creamy but when applying with a brush I get so much fallout and not a lot of color payoff. The highlighters look like they should be amazing but they have such chunky glitter in them and they don't show up on my skin at all.
The darker shades are alright, the crease color on the earthy elements pallette is pretty but I'd never use a shade this shiny in my crease. The liner shade has a chunkier texture that I'm not really a fan of but the shade is fine.
I won't be repurchasing these, there's so many drugstore palettes out there that are way better and easier to apply.