L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
MAC Lingering L'Oreal Light Brunette and Dark BlonMAC lingering, L'Oreal Light Brunette and Dark BloBrow Stylist DefinerBrow Stylist Definer

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in light brunette. It is a good product but the packaging makes this a no-go. And I am not a packaging snob if the price point is low and the product is good. Week 1: The spoolie fell off - no biggie, I glued it back on. Week 2: Glue didn't stay, okay fine, use a different spoolie. Week 3: The body pulls apart when I try to uncap the pencil - this is just useless! I can't be fiddling around with a stupidly packaged brow pencil every morning. So keep looking for your HG ds brow pencil - this ain't it.

on 4/2/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the blonde shade. I love the color and the fine tip. The pencil is fully retractable. I've been using MAC's brow pencil in Fling and it advances, but the lead does not retract, a minor annoyance. This pencil is also half the price of the MAC pencil. However, this pencil is waxy and if I don't set it with brow powder, it can rub off during the day. I have Sephora's retractable brow pencil and it is longer-lasting, so I'd prefer to repurchase the Sephora brand. If L'Oreal's didn't rub off so easily, I'd give it a perfect rating because I loved everything else about it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hands down, THE best brow product the drugstore offers and a pretty much exact dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz. I have this in the shade Dark Brunette. Admittedly the shade range could use some work, I think they are limited to 3, which certainly doesn't match Anastasia's, but aside from that and the price drop off there is no difference, as far as I can tell.

This is your traditional very small, precise brow pencil that anyone with thin to medium brows will appreciate. If you're rocking fuller brows you might still enjoy this, but it will take more time to fill them than say, using a pomade or a thicker pencil. I personally have medium-thickness brows, which have really sparse areas that need major help. This does the trick nicely, and the shade is very natural-looking. One problem I've had in the past is that so many brown or dark brown brow pencils can run really red. Not a natural look, unless someone is a redhead. Then the next step up, black, is jet black and very heavy. The Dark Brunette shade here is definitely dark enough to match my hair but not crazy pigmented like the Maybelline mini brow pencils which I will use to deepen the color SLIGHTLY if I am doing a dramatic eye look and want my brows to match.

This pencil has a spoolie on the opposite end that helps create a natural effect if you run it through the brows VERY lightly, pressing hard will make them look patchy. I used to ignore this step and have since found that it makes a world of difference and I am getting complimented on my brows for the first time in my life. I believe this pencil is one of those few pivotal products that I will continue to purchase indefinitely without even bothering to try others. It doesn't make sense to drop over $20 on a pencil that lasts under a month when you can grab this on sale for $5 and literally get the same experience.

I haven’t written a review in ages but I had to about this product. I’ve recently dyed my hair a darker shade and the brow pencil I had was too light. ABH brow wiz has been my HG for years but I didn’t want to spend the money for the expensive pencil because my hair will have some highlights soon. I bought the shade light brunette with not much expectation, but I am stunned. It is creamy, but not so much that it’s too soft and you can’t control it. The pigment was just enough, the tip is super fine just like the Anastasia one, and the shade wasn’t too warm which is usually my issue with most brow products. The spoolie on the end is also very nice and blended like a dream. I’m not sure if I’ll go back to Anastasia after I’m finished with my taupe pencil. This is seriously a drugstore gem.

on 11/24/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this in the shade Dark Blonde. I'm very happy with it as it applies easily, creamy but not too soft, and not as waxy and dry as the Nyx equivalent which I found too hard to apply. The colour is a cool light taupe shade that would probably suit blondes and some brunettes. The pencil is self-sharpening with a spoolie on one end. Very happy with this purchase. I have been using it consistently for the past two weeks since I bought it and it makes for quick brow improvements in the a.m.

on 9/6/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

i think this is definitely the best dupe for anastasia beverly hills brow wiz. i don't hate anything about abh except its price. i got around usd 30 (in my country) yet it lasted only a month.....
but then i came across of this product, i purchased it without a thought because it's only usd 10 (in my country) and i'm not disappointed at all. the quality is quite good, the color matches with my eyebrow though i just used this to frame my eyebrow (i fill my brow with kind-of brow liner). i surely purchase this again because it's much better than buying abh. it's really a waste buying expensive pencil eyebrow because it won't last long.
note: my hair is black, so the color suits with my eyebrow. i don't know whether the color range is as wide as abh, but if you have black hair i think it will suit you.

on 8/25/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is for he blonde color. There is very little pigment in this. It's the tiny tip and it's waxy but doesn't break but is just doesn't show up. If you have very light brows this might work with you. I tried using this up but I just can't do it. The spoolie on the end is good. The Maybelline blonde skinny brow pencil, or NYX Taupe are much better. It's going in the garbage right now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have dark blackish brown hair.

I wanted to find a dupe for my Anastasia brow wiz in dark brunette and found this product. Difference between these two is:

(1) the price. This product is about half the price of the Anastasia one.
(2) texture. This one is a bit harder but still easy to use.
(3) color. This product is a bit cooler compared to the Anastasia.

Overall, I have bought backups of this brow pencil. The color difference doesn't bother me because I can tweak it with brow powder. Highly recommend this!

Note: I use the color "dark brunette" for the L'oteal pencil.

Edit (7/17/18) - I have gone back to my Anastasia brow wiz. The spoolie is softer compared to the L’oreal one. L’oreal Brow stylist is still my fave drugstore brow product.

on 7/3/2017 11:17:00 PM

I was really hoping for a dupe for Anastasia's soft brown, and I heard that the brunette shade in this was a good fit. L'Oreal Brunette is a lot darker than Anastasia soft brown, and really the only two similarities I am seeing between the two pencils is the shape/look of the pencil. This brush is way too soft, I might as well brush my brows with a feather. The color is a cool dark brown. I've got thick brows so I need to be very careful filling them in when my pencil is dark. I could just scribble something really quick with Anastasia, but I can easily make a very ugly mistake with this. Which I guess would be so terrible since this only lasts a few hours on me anyway :/. It is very soft, like eye crayon soft. Most of my other pencils seem to have just enough wax in them to sort of hold my brows in place a bit. For some reason with this, my brows seem to get much more unruly as the day goes on when I use this as opposed to another product. I find I have to constantly touch them up, where I don't have to do that with other products.

The positives on this are that it is a nice cool tone, I don't see any red in it. And since it is so soft, it won't rip your eyebrow hairs out when you apply it, like some hard pencils can. I can't find much I like about this so I'm putting mine away for now and will retry it in the winter when I might prefer a softer formula. I'll give it 2 stars for a non-red, wearable color.

EDIT - I bumped this up 2 stars because I used this up in the winter and am heading out to get another one! I like the color more than any of the microbrow options; it is nice and ashy. Do not have any of the slipping, fading and durability problems that I have in the summer - this lasts all day and is so quick and easy. If I could, I would vote this as 5 stars for winter and 2 for summer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My actual rating is 3.5 lippies. I didn't really hate this brow pencil, but I think there are better options from the drug store. The size of the tip is nice and allows for precision application, but I find the product to be slightly too creamy to really stand up to a long day of wear. My forehead does get a little oily and I have bangs, so softer brow formulas do tend to fade after several hours. I also don't think the color range is very impressive. If you've never tried a skinny/micro brow pencil and want to give it a go before you purchase something high end like Anastasia Beverly Hills then this might be worth your time, but if you want a go-to drug store micro brow pencil, try BH Cosmetics or NYX instead as theirs last longer and have better colors.

Popular Brows Products