L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
MAC Lingering L'Oreal Light Brunette and Dark BlonMAC lingering, L'Oreal Light Brunette and Dark BloBrow Stylist DefinerBrow Stylist Definer

4.4

on 9/6/2017 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i think this is definitely the best dupe for anastasia beverly hills brow wiz. i don't hate anything about abh except its price. i got around usd 30 (in my country) yet it lasted only a month.....
but then i came across of this product, i purchased it without a thought because it's only usd 10 (in my country) and i'm not disappointed at all. the quality is quite good, the color matches with my eyebrow though i just used this to frame my eyebrow (i fill my brow with kind-of brow liner). i surely purchase this again because it's much better than buying abh. it's really a waste buying expensive pencil eyebrow because it won't last long.
note: my hair is black, so the color suits with my eyebrow. i don't know whether the color range is as wide as abh, but if you have black hair i think it will suit you.

on 8/25/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is for he blonde color. There is very little pigment in this. It's the tiny tip and it's waxy but doesn't break but is just doesn't show up. If you have very light brows this might work with you. I tried using this up but I just can't do it. The spoolie on the end is good. The Maybelline blonde skinny brow pencil, or NYX Taupe are much better. It's going in the garbage right now.

on 7/3/2017 11:17:00 PM

I was really hoping for a dupe for Anastasia's soft brown, and I heard that the brunette shade in this was a good fit. L'Oreal Brunette is a lot darker than Anastasia soft brown, and really the only two similarities I am seeing between the two pencils is the shape/look of the pencil. This brush is way too soft, I might as well brush my brows with a feather. The color is a cool dark brown. I've got thick brows so I need to be very careful filling them in when my pencil is dark. I could just scribble something really quick with Anastasia, but I can easily make a very ugly mistake with this. Which I guess would be so terrible since this only lasts a few hours on me anyway :/. It is very soft, like eye crayon soft. Most of my other pencils seem to have just enough wax in them to sort of hold my brows in place a bit. For some reason with this, my brows seem to get much more unruly as the day goes on when I use this as opposed to another product. I find I have to constantly touch them up, where I don't have to do that with other products.

The positives on this are that it is a nice cool tone, I don't see any red in it. And since it is so soft, it won't rip your eyebrow hairs out when you apply it, like some hard pencils can. I can't find much I like about this so I'm putting mine away for now and will retry it in the winter when I might prefer a softer formula. I'll give it 2 stars for a non-red, wearable color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have dark blackish brown hair.

I wanted to find a dupe for my Anastasia brow wiz in dark brunette and found this product. Difference between these two is:

(1) the price. This product is about half the price of the Anastasia one.
(2) texture. This one is a bit harder but still easy to use.
(3) color. This product is a bit cooler compared to the Anastasia.

Overall, I have bought backups of this brow pencil. The color difference doesn't bother me because I can tweak it with brow powder. Highly recommend this!

Note: I use the color "dark brunette" for the L'oteal pencil.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Formula is really odd to me. It's a little to "slippery". It's hard to make any defined lines even though it has a fine point. I like the little spoolie but that's about it. It has no staying power.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My actual rating is 3.5 lippies. I didn't really hate this brow pencil, but I think there are better options from the drug store. The size of the tip is nice and allows for precision application, but I find the product to be slightly too creamy to really stand up to a long day of wear. My forehead does get a little oily and I have bangs, so softer brow formulas do tend to fade after several hours. I also don't think the color range is very impressive. If you've never tried a skinny/micro brow pencil and want to give it a go before you purchase something high end like Anastasia Beverly Hills then this might be worth your time, but if you want a go-to drug store micro brow pencil, try BH Cosmetics or NYX instead as theirs last longer and have better colors.

on 3/19/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have used several different brow pencils, Laura Mercier, Anastasia, Mary Kay, and MAC, and this L'Oreal one if my favorite. I purchased the Blonde pencil because I am light in coloring and blonde/red hair. Color is perfect, and I love how the pencil is very very fine and makes very thin lines that replicate eyebrow hairs. I will never buy another eye brow pencil now that I have found this one. It is by far the best I have used!! The reason I tried it in the first place was reading reviews here on Makeup Alley, and it was rated highly so I decided to try it and glad I did!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! ❤ I have tried many brow products and this (with my Anastasia Brow Powder Duo), has become my "go-to" brow make-up. I actually think it's a good dupe of Anastasia's Brow Wiz, only with a much smaller range of colors. It's thin enough to draw individual hair's and staying power is good. I love the fine spoolie on the other side of the pencil & I use it often. I wear the shade "Brunette," which is a cool brown. I have also tried this in "Blonde," but it was too warm for my cool skintone. It would be perfect if they would offer a cool, ashy blonde shade, but "Brunette" works well enough for me. The small range of shades is the only reason I'm giving this 4 lippies instead of 5. Other than that though, I have to say that for the low price, this stuff is AWESOME! I highly recommend it!

on 3/21/2017 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've purchased this several times and I'm very happy with it. I use the shade brunette (In Anastasia brow wiz I wear the shade Dark Brown which at one point was called Brunette). It goes on easy without being to soft, it has a spoolie on the other end which I really appreciate and it's affordable compared to higher end brow products.

*For those with "barely there" brows, this isn't going to be a magic product. I've tried countless high end brow products including Anastasia Brow Wiz and MakeUpForever Aqua and really nothing is going to adhere to the skin enough that sweat won't break it down. At least this has been my experience. This pencil stays on just fine as long as there is minimal sweating, rubbing etc... just like any higher end product.

on 5/28/2017 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The Blonde colour is a perfect match for my ashy dark blonde hair. The pencil feels a bit stiff so I sometimes have to press a bit hard to get product on, and then end up with too thick a line. That might just be me being a newbie at filling in brows. I tried a creamier pencil from Annabelle and found it too easy to get carried away lol (plus the colour intended for blondes looked too red). You go through the L'Oreal pencil really quickly. I used it maybe 3 times a week and it only lasted maybe 2 months. I'll buy this one more time because the colour match is so good, but if I still don't get the hang of it I'll move on to something else. It shouldn't be this difficult!

Popular Brows Products