Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon - Pastille

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a 100 point perk from Sephora and it is the best reward I have ever gotten so far; they give a pretty good amount of product unlike the dismal amount they give for the NARS lip pencils. I got the shade pastille and it is a beautiful mid-tone mauvey rose color that can suit any skin tone. It is more mauve than it appears in the tube; it looks more red in the tube for some reason. The texture is so creamy; it melts onto the lips with rich pigment and while it looks fairly moist at first, it begins to meld with your lip color and look more matte. It lasts pretty well through drinking and light eating and reapplication is easy. Even if your lips are a little dry these will look great! The only con is that it is a little too soft; the pointed tip immediately wore down after only one use so this product probably will get used up quickly. If I compare this brand to NARS audacious lipsticks, this is less luscious but also slips and slides less easily; it is also more matte. Compared to the NARS lip pencils, I would say these are softer and but share the same level of pigmentation.

Bite is a special brand for me; I justify my purchases with how good the quality of the product is despite the fact that the color is fairly common. I would rather buy a nude from this brand even if the nude is replicated among other high-end brands.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

So I received Bite's Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glace after redeeming some VIB points at Sephora. I really liked the texture and the colors of this pencil as well as the staying power. Glace was a bit dark for my taste, though, especially in the summertime so I decided to pick up Pastille as it is flattering for my skin tone year round. I loooooove this pencil. It is matte yet it is not drying and has great staying power. I have officially decided to swap out my Buxom Full-On lipstick in Dolly for Bite's Pastille. It's practically the same color but with natural ingredients. I do miss the tingly effect of Buxom along with the mint/vanilla frosting scent, however, I really appreciate the simplicity of Bite's bottle as i had difficulty keeping the lid on the Buxom lip stick's bottle. I also think that Bite has better staying power.
What's even better is that i forget that I'm even wearing Bite Matte Creme lip crayon. Will definitely be buying again.

I really love this colour! Dark muted purple slightly pink undertone colour. I also like how this product is 99% natural. I was not too impressed with their Leche colour but this one is sooo pretty! Downside: its packaging could be better, price is expensive and it is not available anywhere but in Sephora US! Bite Beauty please expand your brand to South East Asia! Price wise they are quite steep too. It doesn't make your lip dry and it applies beautifully! I guess you are getting what you are paying for. I would definitely repurchase it other beautiful colours!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh my, I love this (but I love most things Bite). Pastille is a deep, somewhat muted pink that's just a bit darker than my natural lip color. I love the component this lipstick comes in--a slim tube with a sharpener on the end. The tip is pointed (and easy to maintain with the sharpener) so it eliminates the need for a lip pencil. It applies easily and smoothly, leaving more of a satin-matte than true matte finish (although I applied over lip balm). It wore well for several hours (just drinking water), stood up to an application of lip balm, wore off evenly, and left a pretty stain on my lips. Although it's not a true matte (IMO), my lips felt a little dry after a couple of hours, but a slick of lip balm fixed that, and my lips didn't look or feel dried-out after removal. It has the usual high-quality Bite ingredients and is gluten-free (hooray!). Because this is an MLBB shade for me, I'm sure it will become a staple in my (too large) lipstick wardrobe. A winner anda new favorite!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with my review for the shade "Fraise", I'll start off by saying that the price of this lip color is exorbitantly high. $24 for less than half of what you'd get in a traditional lipstick is ridiculous.
That being said, this truly is a lovely lipstick. The shade is a dusty rose mauve that pulls more mauve in natural light and more rose in most indoor lighting. It's absolutely gorgeous, even against my yellow-ish undertones. Most mauve shades don't work too well for me, but this one is a clear exception.
The formula of these crayons is wonderful. I'd describe the finish as satin-matte, rather than full on matte, but it's easy to mattify it more by simply blotting the final layer. Once it's on, it stays well for hours, with only minor touchups needed after eating and drinking. The formula feels lightly hydrating - never dry or cakey. There's also a light, fruity scent and flavor. The scent fades considerably after application, but the taste sticks around. Thankfully, it's rather sweet and doesn't come off as artificial and gross.
The packaging is okay. It's a typical twist-up crayon, but if you ask me, they should have made it wider and stout so it could house more product. The bullet doesn't retract all the way until it's been used enough, which is especially irksome considering the price point. However, it does feel sturdy, and the matte deep gray color looks classy and pretty, while still feeling a bit utilitarian.
Again, this is $24 for 1.56g of product, so I'll only repurchase if I'm feeling wowed by another shade. Until then, however, I think I'll hold off.

Popular Lipsticks