Sephora Collection Colorful Gloss Balm

Sephora Collection Colorful Gloss Balm

4.2

on 4/19/2019 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the "colorful gloss balm lip honeys" but based on my experience with the regular colorful gloss balm I think they're pretty similar. I bought the color "Blackberry," a slightly brown-toned plum, which seems like a close dupe of Clinique's Black Honey. The color is pretty, but the gloss is so-so. I don't find anything especially moisturizing about it, and it kind of just sits on your lips without sinking in. So it slides off incredibly easily; I don't think it lasts longer than 20 minutes on me, even without eating/drinking etc. So if you're looking for something moisturizing, or long-lasting, I don't think this product is it. It's just a quick, glossy pop of color for a decent price, but nothing special IMO.

on 3/19/2019 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in 2 colours: #01 Earth Angel and #28 Soulmate. The first one is a neutral MLBB shade which I love, and the second is a mauve-toned shade with some grey in it which I don't love as it makes my lips look a bit dead. My fault for buying it online...

The texture is lovely - a smooth gel, a little bit sticky (which helps it stay on) but not hair-stuck-to-your-lips-all-day-long sticky.

There is a slightly sweet scent but it's very subtle. I'm super sensitive to scents, especially those right under my nose haha, and can't wear any lip products with a distinct smell (for example, anything by MAC). The scent of this product dissipates quickly once it's on.

I love the packaging of this product! I'm in the minority, but I really hate doe-foot applicators. I find them unhygienic and just plain unpleasant to use. This has a slanted plastic applicator in a squeeze tube. After I squeeze out the product onto my lips, I just use the applicator to move it around. I'm not sure if that would work as well with a bright or dark colour where you want more precision.

Overall, a big winner and a re-purchase for sure!

on 6/2/2016 1:45:00 PM

I got this gloss in peek-a-blue. It works as a gloss but the blue color does not build up on the lips. I tried putting a lot on my lips and it kind of oozes around. So as a slight wash of color on my lips it leaves behind a blue toned purplish gray. Which is fine with me since I love purple lip products but I wouldn't repurchase because I really wanted a more opaque blue gloss to try out. It should be a good gloss for summer when I want something a little different.

on 4/18/2016 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far I just have this in Hot Pants, kind of a strawberry red/pink with no shimmer or glitter. It's got a decent amount of color, but it's not overwhelming. Just a touch and my lips have a bit of color and shine, and a bit more and I've got more drama.

There's a faint scent -- extremely faint -- and it's a touch sweet, but mild enough that it doesn't bother me and that I can't quite place it. There's a sweet flavor, too, which I find pleasant, as it's not medicinal.

The feel is close to vaseline, but lighter, and smoother. It feels comfortable, like a slightly slicker balm, but doesn't feel heavy, sticky or distracting to me. It's just nice, and a very pretty color.

Staying time is decent. It will last through a bit of coffee and wears evenly. I'll notice an hour or two later that I still have a good amount of product on and that it feels moisturizing.

Update: I picked up three more of these: Tomboy, which is a red-brown; Adjust Your Tiara, a sheer purple; and Berry Go Round, a berry pink that has a tiny amount of blue shimmer. All three are very pretty and wear comfortably. The Tomboy has more pigmentation and gets pretty opaque. The other two are a bit more sheer than Hot Pants, but build up (some).

My main struggle in store was deciding on a color to try -- swatching several on my hand, I found myself wanting a half-dozen, at least -- but I'm very happy with this color. And I like the product enough where I see myself picking up a couple others. They have a good range of colors, too, from pinky-nudes, pinks, corals, brown, brown-reds and berries, even a yellow gloss, and a blue and some purples, to there are options that are great for wearing alone, or for adding to another lip color to add some more depth or smile-flattering brightness.

For $10 it's a really nice product. I like these much better than some pricier glosses to be found at Sephora and Ulta, and they're definitely nicer than ones I've found at the drugstore for a couple bucks less, both in terms of pigmentation (good, but not crazy intense) and comfort/wear.

This is a new product that I saw on Sephora and figured I'd give the shade Peek a Blue a go. It's a gloss that is supposed to feel like a balm. It does and for 10$ you get a good amount and it feels good on my lips as well as lasts for a gloss. The blue gloss is too be used on top of lippies or alone. It does make my teeth look whiter and it has a really cool blue iridescent sheen. I would totally buy more. I'd really like to get Slick Poney which adds depth to a lipstick. So I think this is a really nice gloss lasts for a decent amount of time too. Not sticky at all btw. Recommended.