NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.3

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I can't with the smell. Smells like straight up alcohol. And it's hard to squeeze out from the package. Do yourself a favor and get the sheer matte or sheer glow instead.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this, I started using this because it was recommended to me in one of the makeup boards here. This has very sheer coverage which I prefer now that my skin has cleared, it keeps the make up in place and I know this is supposed to be matte but after the 3 hour mark it goes on a bit dewy on me but it keeps all my make up in place. If I don't blot it stays that way for another good 3 hours, It can get oily after the 6 hour mark, but just a little blotting and everything is good again. I really love this, this is a tinted moisturizer and it does as it says. <3

on 7/2/2016 9:41:00 PM

I wanted to try this one because i remember trying pure radiant tinted moisturizer and I loved it except for the fact that I am oily so within a few hours I would be really dewy. I wanted to give this one a try but was very hesitant because of all the mixed reviews. I have only tried it a few times and my first impression was that it was very similar to maybellines fit me matte and porelesss. However as the day went on something strange happened. The longer I had it on the more it seeped into my skin and looked more natural. Thats never happened to me before. I wanted to try it with my fingers as recommended but Im not a fan of getting my hands dirty, also I found coverage to be uneven (which Im sure is user error, but its still annoying) I also have long acrylics so it can get uncomfortable. I found that using this product with a stippling brush works very well. I just use a light moisturizer underneath. I would also like to point out that this gives a very natural finish. Blemishes can and will show through but the coverage can definitely be built up. However it is perfect for summer use. I have been outside all day grilling and sitting around and a fire but my face is still matte and it feels soo lightweight I keep forgetting Im wearing anything on my face at all. Yes, its expensive but I think it is worth it because a little goes a long way.

on 5/11/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Can't believe they titled this as MATTE. It was one of the worst oil producing foundations I've ever tried (and I have fairly normal skin). I looked like an oil slick within about 3 hours and even trying to blot it didn't help much. It's a fail.

Video Reviews & Tutorials