NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.3

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

on 5/30/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have olive, oily acne prone skin, with a lot of acne scarring and redness around my nose. Now that I'm getting older, I just wanted something lightweight for everyday that didn't look or feel mask like, after years and years of wearing a full face trying to hide my acne scars. I was contemplating this vs the pure radiant since I read so many reviews online about this product breaking people out, but I tested both out, and decided to try it out since it was much lighter than what I had previously worn (Mac studio fix fluid), and it had pretty good matte coverage (light- medium). Luckily and surprisingly although I'm acne prone, I haven't broken out even when I've accidentally worn this to sleep. I'm almost done with my tube and so far so good. My only gripe is that although I love the finish and coverage, it doesn't last or stay matte too long. Otherwise, I appreciate the simple packaging- plastic tube with flip cap, the citrusy scent (which never bothered me in the first place) disappears quickly, and it has an SPF of 30. For reference I use St.Moritz which is a tad light for my NC 35-37 skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can see why some people wouldn't like this product but i really absolutely love it - just it has to be used right. This is a full coverage foundation but is pretty much weightless on the skin and is oil free leaving a matte finish. I wouldn't say it stays matte on my skin - since I have combination skin my t zone area does get oily and without powder there is some shine throughout the day. I also feel like if I apply too much (since it is medium-full coverage) then it can look cakey and exaggerate the texture of my skin.
What I like to do though is mix a bit of this with one drop of my organic argan oil and it produces such a beautiful glow on my skin. I really like this product, but yes do be careful when applying too much. I would say it's very weightless and perfect for everyday use. The consistency feels more like a bb cream rather than a foundation, but the finish is that of a foundation. I also love the Nars shade matching in general. But I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I thought the 'velvet matte' formulation would be better suited for my oily skin, but I was wrong... I liked the airy, moussey, whipped texture but found it hard to blend into the skin because of the powdery finish that would set right away. It also caked up all over dry/flakey spots that I didn't even know was there until this product highlighted those areas lol. The color selection is great for Asian skin tones. I got it in Alaska (and am in between Alaska/Groenland for the pure radiance skin tint). The matte finish didn't do anything for me though... surprisingly the time it took for my natural oils to break through was comparable with the pure radiance skin tint (2-3 hours). So I'm going back to the pure radiance skin tint; it's more forgiving and easier to work with.

on 2/7/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm pretty torn over this product. I had been looking for a natural finish foundation and had tried so many things until seeing this pop up at my local Nordstrom. I asked for a sample and wore it later that day and I was very impressed with the coverage and the finish. It smelled a bit like sunscreen, but no big deal. It gave me medium coverage and made my skin look even and matte, but not dry. I liked it enough to buy some! However, once I wore it to work, it disappeared after about 4 hours and my face was a shiny mess when I got home. I'm debating still, whether I should return it and try something else, or keep it and just use it when I don't need to wear a full face of makeup.

Video Reviews & Tutorials