NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.2

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I can't with the smell. Smells like straight up alcohol. And it's hard to squeeze out from the package. Do yourself a favor and get the sheer matte or sheer glow instead.

on 4/23/2018 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A truly disappointing, truly awful product. There are many faults - where to begin? Despite having oily skin, this product managed to give me flakiness. It sat in every pore and settled into every tiny line and wrinkle. Normally I can handle a bit of cakiness at the start of the day, before the oily deluge sets in and more or less neutralises it. But this product never gelled with the skin. I managed to look oily and cakey and flaky at the same time and stayed that way all day. It sat on top and never 'melted' in. I bitterly regret paying the money for it but feel bad throwing it away. Maybe I'll leave it in the gym changing room for someone else to try (like that Japanese horror movie The Ring, where you pass on the curse to the next person...)

on 8/24/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably the biggest foundation fail I've ever had, when it comes to formula. The color match is SO good; I'm about NC20 now with an unintended summer tan, with strong yellow and olive tones, and Alaska was a nearly perfect match if just a bit dark. But the formula was very thick, transferred everywhere despite setting powder, and left my skin looking extremely oily and patchy. Every two hours I was forced to touch up and I've been extremely self conscious because of it. I even revamped my skincare because in addition to the oil overproduction, I'd been breaking out in places I normally don't. Well, today I went back to my CG Ready Set Gorgeous foundation on a whim....and while that color is too pink, I didn't get oily once all day. Sigh. I wanted to love the Velvet Matte skin tint, but it's not meant to be in my case.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What to say? I just love this product! I have the St. Moritz and it's a perfect match for me. I was a bit skeptical when I received this but thankfully the coverage is sheer-medium so it's quite easy to pull off even it's a little lighter on me. I use this on almost every occasion. I prefer sheer coverage base and I tend to dislike foundation so this moisturizer just gives enough tint on my otherwise dull color.

It's not runny or overly creamy. I particularly like the packaging on this one as it's a matte black and it's also travel friendly. It doesn't contain any shimmer and it applies beautifully. One thing though, it's not that long lasting. I tried this with my two fave primers and I get 6-8 hours of wear before it starts to disappear for real. Overall, it mattifies my face and gives me that wash of color that I need everyday :)

This product must be applied with a damp beauty blender otherwise it looks awful. My skin is combination...yet...it finds dry patches to adhere on. And doesn't sustain very well on warm .. humid weather.

on 5/16/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this for the summer as it had a good spf 30 and also claimed to be matte.

Oh my word where do I begin. This is probably the worst foundation I have ever purchased even when compared to my drug store foundation.

Firstly it seems to sit on your skin so when you touch your face even the slightest you pick up the foundation.

Secondly how is it matte????? I have oily combination skin and this made me look like a disgusting shine mess within 3-4hours that I was embarrassed to talk to people face to face.

Thirdly it splits!!!! How gross is that! Within a few hours it has split on my chin and nose and sides of my nose and forehead and that's practically the whole face!

I regret wasting my money and I now have to use it up somehow I'm so disappointed with this. Nars needs to look into this foundation because it's awful.
I won't be wearing it in the summer that's for sure and defo not taking it on holiday.

Don't buy this girls. Not worth the price.

on 5/7/2017 5:26:00 PM

So I bought this after I had been using the original NARS TM, as it claimed to be great for oily skin. Unfortunately for me this didn't work as well as the original. The formula is more mousse like but reminds me of the Estee Lauder Double wear full coverage foundation. It's thick, powdery and looks like foundation on the skin. Although still a radiant colour it starts to look heavy which I do not prefer (everyday natural is what I look for).

I have worn this for 12 hour work days and found that the foundation tends to powder up on areas of the face like the chin l, jawline and forehead. I definitely do not like this especially for the price I'm paying for the foundation.

The claim in regards to oil control is fare enough as I find it does help reduce how oily my skin looks at the end of the day. But because the overall finish and look is not great I feel this is a no go for me. BTW i have oily acne prone skin and don't find this breaks me out.

on 4/18/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried it at Sephora, the saleswoman applied it on me and I LOOOVEEEDDD IIIT. I bought it and used the same primer she used on me (smashbox photo finish primer) but applied with a beauty blender. It looked great, but after a few hours it worn off and I got so disappointed! But then I tried it again and...it was ok. I think its better when you apply it with brush. This foundation is great when you apply it in the right way with a good primer. It is lightweight and to me it has sheer coverage. It smells good and makes my skin feel nice and healthy. Now it is my everyday foundation <3

on 3/17/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is a very bad product, it only lasts 1 hour before it shades.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really love this skin tint. I love the texture of it and it truly looks like your skin. I've never had a problem with it looking cakey and it is buildable. I love foundation and I am a full face kind of girl. Its a velvet matte which was a nice change from being completely matte all the time. I barely wear dewy foundation. I bought mine in the shade Seychelles and it was my perfect shade since I match my foundation to my neck and chest rather than my face. It does well with other products and covers color correcters and doesn't pull grey or ashy. I love this stuff. I only wish they had a shade for me when I'm a tad bit darker. The shade after Seychelles is too red for me. But for $44 I'd gladly spend it to look flawless