NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.2

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

I bought it because my best friends highly recommend this. Actually when I used hers, I love it much. I use shade Alaska. My skin is combo-oily and at that time, I think this is the best choice of my life. However, when the weather changes from hot to cool, my face will be cakey if I use this tinted moisturizer. Even when the weather's hot back, I can't use this as the texture is so cakey. I don't know why. One thing I knew is that I preserve it properly. I never use this again!

on 2/8/2018 1:27:00 PM

When ever i wear this product it starts craking on my face i only bought it like a week ago. My opinion is that it was a waste of my money😒 sorry

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation! It has a light medium coverage but it's easily buildable. It can be tricky to work into the skin. I found it's best used with your fingers. I've also tried a flat top brush but that method leaves streaks on the skin. The finish is truely lovely. Velvet matte is a pretty accurate description. You need to give the foundation a couple of minutes to sink in and mix with your face oils. But after that the foundation is a winner! The face is evened out and just looks fresh and soft. I also love that it comes with a SPF. I have a pretty oily T-zone (the rest of my skin is normal) and the foundation holds up pretty well - I'd say 6 hours after which I have to blot my face. Sometimes I just use the foundation without any additional powder. You can use powder to increase the staying power / coverage and you'll still look fine. I think the price is pretty decent too considering that you'll get 50ml. One con: I've noticed that it accentuates the 2 lines around my mouth... For reference: In MAC I'm a NC 50 and I bought Martinique.

This product must be applied with a damp beauty blender otherwise it looks awful. My skin is combination...yet...it finds dry patches to adhere on. And doesn't sustain very well on warm .. humid weather.

on 5/16/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this for the summer as it had a good spf 30 and also claimed to be matte.

Oh my word where do I begin. This is probably the worst foundation I have ever purchased even when compared to my drug store foundation.

Firstly it seems to sit on your skin so when you touch your face even the slightest you pick up the foundation.

Secondly how is it matte????? I have oily combination skin and this made me look like a disgusting shine mess within 3-4hours that I was embarrassed to talk to people face to face.

Thirdly it splits!!!! How gross is that! Within a few hours it has split on my chin and nose and sides of my nose and forehead and that's practically the whole face!

I regret wasting my money and I now have to use it up somehow I'm so disappointed with this. Nars needs to look into this foundation because it's awful.
I won't be wearing it in the summer that's for sure and defo not taking it on holiday.

Don't buy this girls. Not worth the price.

on 5/7/2017 5:26:00 PM

So I bought this after I had been using the original NARS TM, as it claimed to be great for oily skin. Unfortunately for me this didn't work as well as the original. The formula is more mousse like but reminds me of the Estee Lauder Double wear full coverage foundation. It's thick, powdery and looks like foundation on the skin. Although still a radiant colour it starts to look heavy which I do not prefer (everyday natural is what I look for).

I have worn this for 12 hour work days and found that the foundation tends to powder up on areas of the face like the chin l, jawline and forehead. I definitely do not like this especially for the price I'm paying for the foundation.

The claim in regards to oil control is fare enough as I find it does help reduce how oily my skin looks at the end of the day. But because the overall finish and look is not great I feel this is a no go for me. BTW i have oily acne prone skin and don't find this breaks me out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really love this skin tint. I love the texture of it and it truly looks like your skin. I've never had a problem with it looking cakey and it is buildable. I love foundation and I am a full face kind of girl. Its a velvet matte which was a nice change from being completely matte all the time. I barely wear dewy foundation. I bought mine in the shade Seychelles and it was my perfect shade since I match my foundation to my neck and chest rather than my face. It does well with other products and covers color correcters and doesn't pull grey or ashy. I love this stuff. I only wish they had a shade for me when I'm a tad bit darker. The shade after Seychelles is too red for me. But for $44 I'd gladly spend it to look flawless

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received a generous sample of this a few weeks ago and just went ahead and tried it today. Oh my word this stuff is awesome!!! Applied in sections this stuff blended seamlessly with no issues. No oxidizing and my skin looks like skin! I finished off with NARS Crystal Pressed Setting powder and what a perfect combination. To make it more full coverage two applications will make it happen. I applied using a flat head foundation brush and stippled in my naughty areas where there are enlarged pores. I will say that this isn't a hardcore matte but more of a velvet look. I would definitely purchase the full size.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this, I started using this because it was recommended to me in one of the makeup boards here. This has very sheer coverage which I prefer now that my skin has cleared, it keeps the make up in place and I know this is supposed to be matte but after the 3 hour mark it goes on a bit dewy on me but it keeps all my make up in place. If I don't blot it stays that way for another good 3 hours, It can get oily after the 6 hour mark, but just a little blotting and everything is good again. I really love this, this is a tinted moisturizer and it does as it says. <3

Let me start off by saying I love this product. I really really do. But I can see how it's polarizing.
I have dry skin and this works like a dream. It stays on all day no problem.
It gives a VERY believable finish. A true medium coverage. I was instructed by the NARS rep to apply with my fingers (which was extremely hard for me to get used to). The only drawback of this product for me is that it's tough to blend. You have to be really patient and stipple with your fingers.

But otherwise I'm obsessed!