NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by skin tone : Other
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

2.4

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

I wanted something with sunscreen in a tube for summer. This was recommended to me but I returned it two days after purchasing.

Reasons I sent it back:

It emphasized pores and fine lines.
It appeared matte on the skin but felt greasy after several hours.
No coverage to speak of.

The colors aren't great. Finland was slightly too yellow for NC15 but it was the closest match I could find. Alaska (the best neutral tone) was too dark, so I didn't have a perfect match in this. The other light shades were very pink. The medium shades looked more realistic but there isn't much for fair skin.

The texture and finish of this product is really nice, and I love that it doesn't have any coconut-derived ingredients, so it never broke me out. Unfortunately, it just did not last on my skin. I tried it a few different ways:

- Over my Shiseido sunscreen
- Over Josie Maran Argan Milk
- Over Shiseido SS + Hourglass primer
- Over Shiseido SS + a thin layer of Laura Mercier loose powder

Any way that I tried this stuff, it just did not have lasting power. I'm also not particularly oily-skinned...I'd say right now I'm combo at the most. Ended up returning it, but I don't think it was a bad product, and you actually get quite a bit of it for the price. Nice packaging too.

on 5/2/2016 9:19:00 AM

I disliked this product more than i have ever disliked anything else, and this is coming from a huge nars fan. I've been purchasing the sheer glow foundation so many times, absolutely faultless, the radiant creamy concealer is amazing too, but this product is horrendous. I would not recommend this product, it leaves patches on the skin, it comes off easily, it makes the skin extremely oily and lastly it broke me out horribly. This is not worth the value for money. Do not buy!

on 4/9/2016 8:52:00 AM

Sorry NARS. You're my favorite brand but this foundation was a monstrosity.

I got a sample of this from Sephora. In the store, the color match looked dead on. Texture was silicone-y and silky. It didn't really "set" on my skin, but I figured powder would fix that.

Test Drive:
The next day I tried it on my whole face. The silicone-y texture felt more like whipped Crisco. It melted on my fingers into a slightly oily puddle. It applied very patchy, so I ditched my brush and used fingers to work it into the skin. Coverage was medium and color match still looked pretty good.

2 hrs later:
Came out of my office to start lunch and DH is staring at me like I have two heads. He asks if I'm wearing a new foundation. I immediately run to the bathroom and lo and behold... Oompah Loompah face!! I was completely orange. I could talk about how the texture separated and I could see product pooled into my pores like gross little hot tubs but... holy hannah my face was orange! As I was removing it, I noticed that I not only looked like a orange grease ball, but I could now see lifted dry patches of skin breaking through the surface. This made me greasy and flakey at the same time!

Needless to say, the rest of the sample went in the trashcan.

Skin-like, light finish is what comes to mind when I hear of "skin tint". But NARS had another idea.

Medium buildable to full, it looks, well, obvious on my skin. I think this is a good product for others needing more coverage, if they do not mind the amount of alcohol in this (#2 in the ingredients list).

I don't think it ever became unnoticeable on my skin - it kind of just sat there. However, I once combined it with Chanel Les Beiges in B10, and it looked absolutely flawless.

For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

on 2/27/2016 5:01:00 PM

So mattifying a tad dying but I don't need to touch up at all . I would say light to medium coverage . Im nc35 and use st Moritz . Also cap broke off after opening for first time but Sephora replaced

on 2/12/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I had high hopes for this since I love and have repurchased the NARS radiant tinted moisturizer several times since it was released, but wanted something more pigmented and not as dewy.

I bought this in St. Moritz and Alaska with the intention of mixing the two since the former is a touch too orange/dark on its own, while the latter can be too light. Initially, there's a strong sunblock/alcohol smell but it eventually dissipates. The consistency is thicker than the original TM. It feels heavier going on but isn't terrible. This looks more natural applied with fingers. I also applied it with a Beauty Blender and it went on a little heavy/cakey, so I prefer using my fingers.

Throughout the day, I have to blot several times, and it builds up/clumps around my nose. The finish isn't matte but is more of a natural, undewy look. The main reason why I would not recommend this is because I believe this is breaking me out: I've been using this for a week and I currently have three pimples above my left eyebrow, one over my right eyebrow, one above my lip, and one along my right jawline. I rarely break out and I just finished that TOTM so this is very odd for my skin.

If it matters to you, this product was made in Japan while the regular TM is made in the USA. For reference, I have combination skin.