NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.1

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I can't with the smell. Smells like straight up alcohol. And it's hard to squeeze out from the package. Do yourself a favor and get the sheer matte or sheer glow instead.

I bought it because my best friends highly recommend this. Actually when I used hers, I love it much. I use shade Alaska. My skin is combo-oily and at that time, I think this is the best choice of my life. However, when the weather changes from hot to cool, my face will be cakey if I use this tinted moisturizer. Even when the weather's hot back, I can't use this as the texture is so cakey. I don't know why. One thing I knew is that I preserve it properly. I never use this again!

on 4/23/2018 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A truly disappointing, truly awful product. There are many faults - where to begin? Despite having oily skin, this product managed to give me flakiness. It sat in every pore and settled into every tiny line and wrinkle. Normally I can handle a bit of cakiness at the start of the day, before the oily deluge sets in and more or less neutralises it. But this product never gelled with the skin. I managed to look oily and cakey and flaky at the same time and stayed that way all day. It sat on top and never 'melted' in. I bitterly regret paying the money for it but feel bad throwing it away. Maybe I'll leave it in the gym changing room for someone else to try (like that Japanese horror movie The Ring, where you pass on the curse to the next person...)

on 2/8/2018 1:27:00 PM

When ever i wear this product it starts craking on my face i only bought it like a week ago. My opinion is that it was a waste of my moneyđŸ˜’ sorry

on 12/23/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't agree that this is medium coverage. It feels and looks more like full coverage to me unless you have massive acne scars to cover up and I don't. My issue is fine lines but other than that my skin is good. They come with age and nothing much any of us can do but try to use good skin care and products that minimize them. I absolutely hated this and it's nothing like a tinted moisturizer so I'm not sure why the reviews for this are under tinted moisturizer. It's called Skin Tint and nowhere is moisturizer in the name and it's not recommended for dry skin. My skin is normal, never dry, slightly oily in the T zone at times. This was just a disgusting product for me. It felt thick and heavy and It looked painted on, like a thick clay like consistency and it accentuated every single fine line, hated it! Really hated it! It smells horrible too, like oil paint, but the smell fades really fast. It has SPF 30 and it does oxidize a little, so I would say go down one shade. It is super matte, which I don't like anyway. It did look better when I used a setting spray to make it a little dewier, but it accentuated every single line, even ones I never knew I had. In sunlight it looked awful. I didn't accentuate pore if I used a primer, but I don't have very large pores so that wasn't much of an issue but it did seem to accentuate them with no primer. I love to try new things but this was a definite NO for me. Back to my old faithfuls... Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer. Pixi tinted moisturizer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift or the regular Moisture Rich and Boots No7 Lift and Luminate......( LOVE LOVE LOVE and it's drugstore!!!)

$45.00 for 1.7 ounces

✔ Matte

SPF
- SPF 30

What it is:
A weightless, all-in-one, oil free, matte skin tint with broad spectrum SPF 30 and shine control that transforms the look of skin immediately and over time.

What it does:
Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 effortlessly perfects with a soft touch. Ultra-blendable and instantly sensorial, this glide-and-go, plush, oil-free formula works on contact, delivering second-skin perfection and boosting environmental defense. It helps to blur imperfections and even the skin tone with a soft-matte finish. It wears comfortably, maintaining skin’s natural moisture barrier, while working to control shine throughout the day. Infused with NARS’ innovative Velvet Illusion Complex, the Velvet Matte Skin Tint instantly transforms the look of skin with powerful optical effects designed to manipulate light, creating an immediate soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections. Powered with rose fruit extract, it visibly tightens the appearance of pores with every application. It wears comfortably and weightlessly, while helping to provide antioxidant defense with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30.

I wanted something with sunscreen in a tube for summer. This was recommended to me but I returned it two days after purchasing.

Reasons I sent it back:

It emphasized pores and fine lines.
It appeared matte on the skin but felt greasy after several hours.
No coverage to speak of.

The colors aren't great. Finland was slightly too yellow for NC15 but it was the closest match I could find. Alaska (the best neutral tone) was too dark, so I didn't have a perfect match in this. The other light shades were very pink. The medium shades looked more realistic but there isn't much for fair skin.

on 8/24/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably the biggest foundation fail I've ever had, when it comes to formula. The color match is SO good; I'm about NC20 now with an unintended summer tan, with strong yellow and olive tones, and Alaska was a nearly perfect match if just a bit dark. But the formula was very thick, transferred everywhere despite setting powder, and left my skin looking extremely oily and patchy. Every two hours I was forced to touch up and I've been extremely self conscious because of it. I even revamped my skincare because in addition to the oil overproduction, I'd been breaking out in places I normally don't. Well, today I went back to my CG Ready Set Gorgeous foundation on a whim....and while that color is too pink, I didn't get oily once all day. Sigh. I wanted to love the Velvet Matte skin tint, but it's not meant to be in my case.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What to say? I just love this product! I have the St. Moritz and it's a perfect match for me. I was a bit skeptical when I received this but thankfully the coverage is sheer-medium so it's quite easy to pull off even it's a little lighter on me. I use this on almost every occasion. I prefer sheer coverage base and I tend to dislike foundation so this moisturizer just gives enough tint on my otherwise dull color.

It's not runny or overly creamy. I particularly like the packaging on this one as it's a matte black and it's also travel friendly. It doesn't contain any shimmer and it applies beautifully. One thing though, it's not that long lasting. I tried this with my two fave primers and I get 6-8 hours of wear before it starts to disappear for real. Overall, it mattifies my face and gives me that wash of color that I need everyday :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation! It has a light medium coverage but it's easily buildable. It can be tricky to work into the skin. I found it's best used with your fingers. I've also tried a flat top brush but that method leaves streaks on the skin. The finish is truely lovely. Velvet matte is a pretty accurate description. You need to give the foundation a couple of minutes to sink in and mix with your face oils. But after that the foundation is a winner! The face is evened out and just looks fresh and soft. I also love that it comes with a SPF. I have a pretty oily T-zone (the rest of my skin is normal) and the foundation holds up pretty well - I'd say 6 hours after which I have to blot my face. Sometimes I just use the foundation without any additional powder. You can use powder to increase the staying power / coverage and you'll still look fine. I think the price is pretty decent too considering that you'll get 50ml. One con: I've noticed that it accentuates the 2 lines around my mouth... For reference: In MAC I'm a NC 50 and I bought Martinique.

This product must be applied with a damp beauty blender otherwise it looks awful. My skin is combination...yet...it finds dry patches to adhere on. And doesn't sustain very well on warm .. humid weather.