NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.1

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I can't with the smell. Smells like straight up alcohol. And it's hard to squeeze out from the package. Do yourself a favor and get the sheer matte or sheer glow instead.

I bought it because my best friends highly recommend this. Actually when I used hers, I love it much. I use shade Alaska. My skin is combo-oily and at that time, I think this is the best choice of my life. However, when the weather changes from hot to cool, my face will be cakey if I use this tinted moisturizer. Even when the weather's hot back, I can't use this as the texture is so cakey. I don't know why. One thing I knew is that I preserve it properly. I never use this again!

on 2/8/2018 1:27:00 PM

When ever i wear this product it starts craking on my face i only bought it like a week ago. My opinion is that it was a waste of my money😒 sorry

on 12/23/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't agree that this is medium coverage. It feels and looks more like full coverage to me unless you have massive acne scars to cover up and I don't. My issue is fine lines but other than that my skin is good. They come with age and nothing much any of us can do but try to use good skin care and products that minimize them. I absolutely hated this and it's nothing like a tinted moisturizer so I'm not sure why the reviews for this are under tinted moisturizer. It's called Skin Tint and nowhere is moisturizer in the name and it's not recommended for dry skin. My skin is normal, never dry, slightly oily in the T zone at times. This was just a disgusting product for me. It felt thick and heavy and It looked painted on, like a thick clay like consistency and it accentuated every single fine line, hated it! Really hated it! It smells horrible too, like oil paint, but the smell fades really fast. It has SPF 30 and it does oxidize a little, so I would say go down one shade. It is super matte, which I don't like anyway. It did look better when I used a setting spray to make it a little dewier, but it accentuated every single line, even ones I never knew I had. In sunlight it looked awful. I didn't accentuate pore if I used a primer, but I don't have very large pores so that wasn't much of an issue but it did seem to accentuate them with no primer. I love to try new things but this was a definite NO for me. Back to my old faithfuls... Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer. Pixi tinted moisturizer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift or the regular Moisture Rich and Boots No7 Lift and Luminate......( LOVE LOVE LOVE and it's drugstore!!!)

$45.00 for 1.7 ounces

✔ Matte

SPF
- SPF 30

What it is:
A weightless, all-in-one, oil free, matte skin tint with broad spectrum SPF 30 and shine control that transforms the look of skin immediately and over time.

What it does:
Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 effortlessly perfects with a soft touch. Ultra-blendable and instantly sensorial, this glide-and-go, plush, oil-free formula works on contact, delivering second-skin perfection and boosting environmental defense. It helps to blur imperfections and even the skin tone with a soft-matte finish. It wears comfortably, maintaining skin’s natural moisture barrier, while working to control shine throughout the day. Infused with NARS’ innovative Velvet Illusion Complex, the Velvet Matte Skin Tint instantly transforms the look of skin with powerful optical effects designed to manipulate light, creating an immediate soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections. Powered with rose fruit extract, it visibly tightens the appearance of pores with every application. It wears comfortably and weightlessly, while helping to provide antioxidant defense with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30.

on 5/16/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this for the summer as it had a good spf 30 and also claimed to be matte.

Oh my word where do I begin. This is probably the worst foundation I have ever purchased even when compared to my drug store foundation.

Firstly it seems to sit on your skin so when you touch your face even the slightest you pick up the foundation.

Secondly how is it matte????? I have oily combination skin and this made me look like a disgusting shine mess within 3-4hours that I was embarrassed to talk to people face to face.

Thirdly it splits!!!! How gross is that! Within a few hours it has split on my chin and nose and sides of my nose and forehead and that's practically the whole face!

I regret wasting my money and I now have to use it up somehow I'm so disappointed with this. Nars needs to look into this foundation because it's awful.
I won't be wearing it in the summer that's for sure and defo not taking it on holiday.

Don't buy this girls. Not worth the price.

on 3/21/2017 2:13:00 PM

I went to Sephora looking for a good tinted moisturizer for my combo skin. This was recommended as very good.

This product is not for me. It hung on to every little flake of dryness and grabbed on to my peach fuzz. It also sat in my pores and accentuated them. It was also very hard to blend. The texture is pasty. Yuck. Maybe if you have very oily skin this might work for you.

on 3/17/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is a very bad product, it only lasts 1 hour before it shades.

on 3/14/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

Do you know how it's like when you use new products and fear sometimes they leave you with temporary tiny, minute skin-coloured bumps under the skin? I thought I would be ready for these (if) they appeared on my skin after using it. The tint left me with even worse than these.

When I first read that it contained denatured alcohol, I was very hesitant to purchase it as this alcohol makes me breakout. I was in dire need of a non-dewy, matte tinted moisturiser, but unfortunately most matte ones include this type of alcohol.

Tried it for 2 weeks. Each time I applied it I had at least 1 huge cystic bump, even my 10% benzoyl peroxide couldn't get rid of them for some reason. After stopping it, no new blemishes have formed.

Worse, the tint always left me with patchy, cakey skin texture whether I applied it with my hands or a damp beauty blender.

// Still on the hunt for the perfect, matte skin tint that doesn't break me out..

on 9/15/2016 8:22:00 AM

One of the worst foundations I ever bought ( 2nd worst is Loreal colour match) was recommended to me buy shop assistant , and to be honest I have a strong feeling that we picked Alaska as a shade and it was a good coverage went a bit unsettled but I thought that maybe is the lack of powder. When I came home and used it for about 2 days I noticed that my foundation is very pale and I saw that I have Finland(which I think is the palest shade you can get) so I think shop assistant made a mistake and put the wrong shade for me instead of Alaska. I couldn't return it as I already used it, but decided to give it a try. On my skin it goes very cakey , doesn't cover much and I could see it on my hair line but the worst thing about it that I instantly have break outs from it ! + the smell is awful smells like some medicine for me.So be careful buying it , ask for tester before you do. 0.5/5

I have combination skin, which is quite dry around the chin and nose. Firstly - NARS Sheer Glow was my first ever foundation and I loved it, until my skin started getting drier when I had breakouts (I know - doesn't make sense to me either) and I just found it clung to the dry patches. I bought the Velvet Matte after having used BareMinerals Original for years (without ever really liking the finish - it just was the only thing that didn't break me out) and deciding I wanted to go back to a liquid formula.

Lots of reviews said how light and gentle this is, and it's non-comedogenic to boot which is vital for me. I have to be honest - I used a BeautyBlender and got absolutely amazing coverage. Yes, it was light and I still needed to use some concealer on spots/discolouration/under my eyes, but it just had such a lovely finish.

You may be wondering why I've only given it 1* if it was so great.. Well, this is probably a very isolated case (and when I went into a store the SA said I most likely had an allergic reaction) but for a non-comedogenic base, it caused me to break out and get my first ever bout of cystic acne. I've had closed comedonal acne on my forehead since I was about 14, but with diet/water intake/occasional antibiotic solutions from my GP it was manageable and didn't really notice or bother me. I used the Velvet Matte for this first time in May. It's now late August and I'm still getting over the initial breakout. It's nowhere near as violent/painful as it was back when I was still (stupidly) using the product back in June and the oral antibiotics I started taking in July are slowly helping.

I do have quite sensitive skin anyway, but the only advise I can give is that you GET A SAMPLE and try it for 3 days successively before you buy. I now find my skin is hypersensitive to most brands - probably more as a result of the treatments I've been having to help my skin rather than NARS' product - and seriously regret ever purchasing this without sampling it first. Even my old-faithful BareMinerals is too harsh for me now. Oh well - I'm getting used to the au naturelle look, which is helping my skin anyway. Just beware of this formula if you do have sensitive skin.