NARS Dolce Vita

NARS Dolce Vita
NARS Lipstick in Dolce VitaBare on the left, Nars Dolce Vita on the right.NARS Dolce Vita lipstickDolce Vita

4.1

on 10/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

This is a MLBB shade. Mind you it doesn’t last very long but it doesn’t dry out my lips either. You need to constantly retouch throughout the day. That being said it is on the expensive side—more expensive that MAC lipsticks but is it worth it? Yes.

on 1/25/2017 11:06:00 PM

I love the neutral color of this lipstick. It is suitable to wear everyday and make your lip color appear better. This lipstick is always in my purse and I don't actually like to wear lipstick in general. It is hydrating to the lips and doesn't give that heavy look on my lips. I have the gloss, the matte lip crayon and the lip pencil from this Dolce Vita color as well and for night time, I would either top this lipstick with the gloss or simply wear the more long lasting matte lip crayon. The only thing I dislike is the velvet rubber packaging of the lipstick. I live in a humid country and it gets sticky after a while. All of my Nars product packaging becomes sticky after a while.. which is gross. I wish Nars would come up with a new packaging that is more climate friendly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG lipstick. Such a cliche but this is my lips but better. I love that it feels like a color that I can wear literally with any other makeup look in any season. I wish this wasn't so expensive as I will definitely have to repurchase. It's my personal mission to find a drugstore dupe - so far nothing compares.

on 8/21/2016 1:56:00 PM

I really like this lipstick, very soft shade which is perfect for everyday wear. Perfect for quick refresh in busy days. Very smooth and light as a feather on the lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't get the hype. It's an extremely sheer dusty pink lipstick. Worst of all, it's 28 freakin' dollars! You can get the same effect with that tinted lip balm wedged in the bottom of your purse, I guarantee it. Lasting power would be just as long, too - 2 hours at best.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great staple for no-makeup makeup looks, but I don't think you should be investing in NARS for something you can find pretty much anywhere else with exactly the same quality.

on 1/8/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While I was so excited to buy this lipstick, once I put it on I was let down. Where's the color? It's good for one of those "I am putting on makeup to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup" kinda days. Otherwise, save your 30 bucks!

on 3/30/2016 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*Sigh* the main problem with this lipstick is the price. If this lipstick were $10, I would say, really nice sheer lip color that almost looks like I am wearing a clear gloss, very MLBB and very forgiving on aging lips. It does a nice job of toning down and pinking up the reddish brown tones of my lips to give a soft dewy, pinkish pout.

However, the fact that I am paying $30 for what looks the same on my lips as if I put on Smith's Rosebud Salve ($6)...is insane to me. I love a soft lip as much as the next person, but I am not paying $30 for a barely there uber sheer lipstick. Now if this was THE one perfect lipstick on me (and for some, it very well could be), then maybe I could wrap my head around the price. But these make the original Clinique Chubby Sticks look pigmented! And you can get more color from a Chubby Stick for $16.

I am flabbergasted at the popularity. If someone got this for me as a gift, I would leave the shade in my purse for an all purpose, neutral touch up. But it does not provide any impact. I don't need crazy bold shades, I love neutrals, but this is almost invisible on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This doesn't show up at all on my lips. It works as a very expensive lip balm for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is an incredible everyday, my lips but better color. It's quite sheer, so if you have very pigmented lips it might not show up well- but it can be built up decently. And because it's sheer, I feel like it's pretty close to universally flattering and can be applied without a mirror, so that's nice. I wouldn't say that it's hydrating, but I wouldn't say that it's drying either- kind of in-the-middle. It has a really nice, light, almost citrusy-but-not-quite smell. The finish is sort of a light shine, but it definitely has more of a slippy feeling than a sticky one.

I have a couple of gripes with Dolce Vita. First- the elephant in the room- the price. It's ridiculous. When I was using this as my primary everyday shade, I went through about half of it in less than two months. Part of the reason why is my second gripe- the staying power is terrible. While it fades very evenly and you don't really have to think about it looking bad, if you don't think about it, you'll be left completely lipstick-less if you do so much as drink water a few times. So I end up having to reapply 6 or 7 times a day, and that's just ridiculous. My third gripe is that I don't like paying $28 and then having some pretty sub-par packaging. Granted, this is the only non-"audacious" lipstick I've ever purchased from Nars, but it's only $4 less and it feels cheap and crappy.

Makeup Alley asked me if I would repurchase this product, and not only would I not, but I also haven't- I lost it a while ago. I was very sad for a little bit, but then I got the Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipstick in Liar and it fixed all of my gripes and then some.

on 3/30/2016 7:02:00 AM

I love this lipstick, it glides onto your lips but it is slightly Sheer and rubs off within minutes. I would buy a NARS lipstick because they are beautiful but defientley not in this colour again.